Omar Khadr eligible for day parole

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OTTAWA - Convicted terrorist Omar Khadr, whose actions have been called treasonous by many Canadians, is eligible for day parole on Canada Day.

Technically, Khadr could be out on the streets Monday since under Canadian law, he is now eligible for day parole having served one-third of his sentence here.

Khadr has been behind bars for his entire adult life after throwing the grenade that killed an American medic in Afghanistan in 2002, when he was 15 years old.

As of Monday, he could find himself eligible to work, volunteer, attend classes at school and even move out of a correctional facility and into a halfway house.

But just because Khadr is eligible for his first taste of freedom doesn't mean he'll get it.

more

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/06/20130630-171403.html

I do hope he remains safe if he gets to stroll about.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
funny you should say that because I had the same worry about him trying to cross busy streets

Hey Sal, the city is a dangerous place. Why, sometimes people get run over in the intersection of 5th Ave and Oak Leaf Street at exactly 12:30 pm if'n they don't pay the cross-the-street-without-gettin'-run-over-by-a-wise-guy insurance to Big Vinny.

Fact

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Eglinton and Midland (near where his dear granny or someone was gonna let him hang his Canada-hating turban) makes some city streets look tame.

Take good care Omi.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hey Sal, the city is a dangerous place. Why, sometimes people get run over in the intersection of 5th Ave and Oak Leaf Street at exactly 12:30 pm if'n they don't pay the cross-the-street-without-gettin'-run-over-by-a-wise-guy insurance to Big Vinny.

Fact
lol... could happen. It`s a cruel world