Chinese toddler falls from fifth floor caught safe in the hands of passersby

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Chinese toddler falls from fifth floor caught safe in the hands of passersby[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chinese state television has shown men catching a 2-and-a-half-year-old girl who apparently fell from a fifth-story window.The girl, Qiqi, escaped with small scrapes on her face.The security camera footage aired by CCTV showed a group of men in an alley pointing and looking up the side of a building. They dash into a huddle just as the youngster falls into their arms.CCTV said workers at a ... [/FONT]

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
China, while this story has a happy ending, you have a thread to post these articles in. Please use it!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Gee who caught it? This guy?

China, while this story has a happy ending, you have a thread to post these articles in. Please use it!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Joe Torre's (baseball player and manager) daughter makes a great catch

A young child fell from the awning of a building in Brooklyn and was caught by Joe Torre's daughter Christina.

Police said 23-year-old Sam Miller and 24-year-old Tiffany Demitro were charged with reckless endangerment, acting in a manner injurious to a child.

Their one year old baby boy, Dillin Miller, was observed hanging from a the awning of a store on the first floor of their Third Avenue apartment building just after 10 a.m

Dillin had apparently crawled through a piece of cardboard placed next to an air conditioning.

The child was left unsupervised by his parents, and was able to crawl onto a mattress next to the open window, and then crawl onto the fire escape.

The child fell off the fire escaped, tumbled down the awning and was about to fall to the ground but 44- year- old Christina Torre, who was biking past, was able to catch the victim before falling to the pavement.

She was on the phone with 911 trying to get the boy to hang on, when he dropped from the second story of this building.
"I just put out my arms when I saw him coming down, and luckily he landed straight in my arms on his back," Torre said.

Joe Torre's daughter catches falling child from Brooklyn awning; Parents charged | 7online.com