Butter Train broad fired

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
for saying n i g g e r and other rancid stuff:

Paula Deen's (Super) Awkward Apology Videos Weren't Enough to Save Her Job

Sometimes two apology videos aren't enough to save your job. The Food Network announced late this afternoon that it will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month. The news came less than two hours after the celebrity chef released a pair of awkward videos apologizing for what she called her "inappropriate, hurtful language."

Those videos, in turn, came after she bailed this morning on a scheduled appearance on the Today show where she had been expected to face (rather soft) questions about the recent revelation of her past penchant of using the N-word—along with her wish to stage a "Southern plantation style" wedding complete with black waiters acting as slaves.

story and videos:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ef_begs_for_forgiveness_for_using_racial.html

ERMAGERD ITS PERLA DERN

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
beats me but she just lost a truck load of money because her mouth moves faster than her brain apparently

what decade is she dwelling in?

The South is very much ingrained to this day in the attitude shown by her.

I work with a honky from Florida and all I can say is "holy crap'' on his attitude toward non honkies. The first time he unloaded on non honkies was when Obummer got elected. The tirade was so strong and vitriol and unexpected that I and a few others around the water cooler were left speechless.

And nothing will change his mind......

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
just sayin':
hon·ky

/ˈhäNGkē/
Noun
A contemptuous term used by black people for a white person or for white people collectively.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I currently work for an american controlled company in a camp situation. some of them are probably even to the right of wally. In private they sometimes refer to us as snow******s. Course we regularilly call them dumb fukking yankees. Especially when they do something really dumb.

Goddam PC thought police struck again.

That would be s n o w n i g g e r

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Bill Maher Defends Paula Deen After Firing: ‘Do We Always Have to Make People Go Away?’

Bill Maher offered one of the rare public defenses of embattled celebrity chef Paula Deen on Friday, asking why “we always have to make people go away” for saying bad words.

Deen was dropped by the Food Network following her public apology after it emerged this week that she had admitted to using the n-word in the past.

“I’m just wondering,” Maher began on his HBO show “Real Time,” “if you’re 66 years old and you were raised in Georgia and you were a child before the civil rights movement, do you get a bit of a pass — ”

“No — ” members of his panel cut in.

” — or you say no, you’ve had 40 years to get used to — I agree,” Maher said. But he added a few moments later, “I also think people shouldn’t have to lose their shows and go away when they do something bad.”

“It’s just a word, it’s a wrong word, she’s wrong to use it, but do we always have to make people go away?” Maher asked.

Bill Maher Defends Paula Deen After Firing: ‘Do We Always Have to Make People Go Away?’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's what this is about? She admitted to having used the word in the past? it's not like she dropped it on her show, or used it recently?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Uhm... wow.

I'm sure losing her show due to her honesty will work wonders in changing her mind about saying it in the future.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Interesting. I went out my apartment today to take out the recycling and the neighbours had their stereo at a loud volume playing some c-rap music and I must of counted the n-word at least 30 times in the brief time I was waiting for the elevator. I wonder if that "musician" has been fired for using that word?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
just sayin':
hon·ky

/ˈhäNGkē/
Noun
A contemptuous term used by black people for a white person or for white people collectively.

Watch pro wrestling where that term is used by whites, not blacks. ;)

As for Paula, I'd say her apology was sincere. So let's forgive & forget.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
America has sunk to a new low, they used to stand for justice, and redemption.
that is not true anymore. She made some comments some years back that
caught up with her. She claims she doesn't think that way anymore. She
apologised, these statements some are decades old. In America people were
always able to come back after making a mistake and become productive
citizens. There are several famous people who did just that. Now people are
condemned for what they thought, said and believed thirty years ago and there
is no forgiveness or redemption.
Shows just how low America is sinking in its right wing nonsense and on the
other side with the politically correct crowd who know nothing about anything.
See these polarized folks can yak all day and even listen to the other side of
an argument. The problem is they all listen without hearing a single word
and the place is going to hell in a hand basket

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Interesting. I went out my apartment today to take out the recycling and the neighbours had their stereo at a loud volume playing some c-rap music and I must of counted the n-word at least 30 times in the brief time I was waiting for the elevator. I wonder if that "musician" has been fired for using that word?

For a word that people say should be never uttered, it sure gets used a lot in rap music. They (the rappers) say it's okay because they are coloured themselves. Uh, nooooo, if you don't want the word to be used, then it shouldn't be used by anyone. Rap music (the ones where it's all about "bling, ho's, drugs, and violence" anyhow) is pure garbage. Way to perpetuate the sterotypes!

Now, in certain incidents it is fine to use the word if it's portrayed in proper historical context. For example, a movie that takes place in a time where slavery was still prevalent (such as in the movie Roots). It would be more jarring (and not make much sense) if the slave owners went the PC route. In a movie like that, they aren't using the word for "shock value", it is a word that was spoken in that time period.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Would she have been sacked if she had been a black woman making racist comments about white people?

Probably not. As usual it's one rule if you're white but another if you're black.

That's why black Labour MP Diane Abbott gets away with her anti-white racism.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
OK, lets get some things straight here.

First, the story started breaking a couple weeks ago after depositions in discrimination suit launched in January 2012, launched by a former manager at one of Deen's restaurants. That is not the distant past.

Secondly its not just using the "N word"; its about planning this wedding where she wanted black waiters to play as slaves; its about black staff not being allowed to use the safe restrooms as whites. Her attitude is despicable and to hear people blaming it on an over reaction by the media is sickening.

Yes, there are bigger issues out there, that deserve more attention, but that doesn't detract that what this woman did was wrong. And Damngrumpy, saying this is an American phenomenon shows your head is as far up your butt as anyone else's because while we may not have the black-white divide in most of Canada, we still have racism and stupidity, just we target it differently.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I'm older than Paula Deen, I was raised by a grandmother who grew up in Missouri and Oklahoma, who remembered Jim Crow, she remembered signs in towns telling blacks to be out of the town by sundown. My grandmother would have slapped my face right off if I had ever said the N word, or anything else derogatory about any other race. That was not tolerated in her home as a result I do not tolerate it in my home!