Should Criminals be allowed to stay in Canada?

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
mysask.com - News

I was born and raised here in Canada. I feel this is a very important issue. We here in this country have to live by the law or go to jail or punished in other ways. Is this too Extreme? I think not. This tells me that if the government allows these 2 women to remain in Canada it is going to send a very LOUD message to others. I see the message reading something like this....

"COME TO CANADA, BREAK THE LAW, STAY IN CANADA AT THE TAX PAYERS EXPENSE, WE WILL GIVE YOU SHELTER, FOOD, JOBS, HEALTH CARE AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T EARN IT"

Now that may sound a little extreme but I see if the government folds un public pressure then that is the message we as Canadians will be sending around the world LOUD AND CLEAR.

I am getting sick and tired of this CRAP. We as LAW ABIDING CANADIANS need to stand up for OUR RIGHTS. We work, we pay taxes to put these idiots/politicians into power. It is about time they started paying attention to US. I am sick and tired of the bleeding hearts that think that it is a victimless crime when that was 2 positions that could have been filled legally. I don't know about the rest of you but I was always taught and brought up with this philosophy.... "IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE TIME.... DON'T DO THE CRIME" Well they broke the law, they violated the conditions on their visas, therefore they go back to Nigeria. I know some of you will disagree but that is MY view.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
mysask.com - News

I was born and raised here in Canada. I feel this is a very important issue. We here in this country have to live by the law or go to jail or punished in other ways. Is this too Extreme?
Whether something is labelled as extreme must depend upon the circumstances.
I think not. This tells me that if the government allows these 2 women to remain in Canada it is going to send a very LOUD message to others. I see the message reading something like this....

"COME TO CANADA, BREAK THE LAW, STAY IN CANADA AT THE TAX PAYERS EXPENSE, WE WILL GIVE YOU SHELTER, FOOD, JOBS, HEALTH CARE AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T EARN IT"
I do not see that message being sent "in this particular instance". They made an honest mistake and then tried to rectify it.

Now that may sound a little extreme
it sounds extreme because it is extreme.
but I see if the government folds un public pressure then that is the message we as Canadians will be sending around the world LOUD AND CLEAR.
If the government folds under pressure it is because it is listening to what is being said. That would be unusual but the way it is supposed to work.

I am getting sick and tired of this CRAP
.you are making a mountain out of a mole hill
We as LAW ABIDING CANADIANS need to stand up for OUR RIGHTS.
this I agree with, we can begin by ousting the senate.
We work, we pay taxes to put these idiots/politicians into power. It is about time they started paying attention to US.
I agree
I am sick and tired of the bleeding hearts that think that it is a victimless crime when that was 2 positions that could have been filled legally.
They are in the country legally. The were attempting to support themselves in a manner they thought was legal. When they found out it wasn't they quit. Walmart and other crap retail jobs, in fact retail in general which is close to legalized slavery... have a ton of trouble finding people willing to put up with their crap for the wage....go figure huh?
I don't know about the rest of you but I was always taught and brought up with this philosophy.... "IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE TIME.... DON'T DO THE CRIME" Well they broke the law, they violated the conditions on their visas, therefore they go back to Nigeria. I know some of you will disagree but that is MY view.
I was brought up that way too but also taught that one must view the circumstances and the punishment should fit the crime.

CanIrish

Nominee Member
Nov 20, 2012
Ireland
Crime? They took a job at Walmart… they did not rob, they did not kill, they took a job.

I thought I was harsh in my beliefs because normally I would say ‘ya, throw them out’, but for **** sake dude what crime did they really commit?

They can’t win can they, if they come and collect welfare they are ripping off the system, if they come and work they are breaking the law. They are a couple of students.

In this case, I would say give them a second chance.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh my goodness. Such vicious criminals!

This is an old story, and it was ludicrous at the time that these girls were in 'trouble' over it, and it's even more ludicrous now.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Who said that these women were "criminals"?

Only the author of this thread would even consider using a term like that. Stupidity reigns, both inside and outside of the government!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
What\s it say about Canadians who walk right by a suit wearing banking criminal to rough up a couple of hard working honest women?
I think it says we believe a lot of the crap these banking scum have told us. It dosn't matter how many thousands of little people we crush until we tackle the real snakes in suits we get nothing but poorer.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There is a huge difference between breaking a law and being a criminal. In the grand scheme of things what these women did is lower down the list than speeding.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
There is a huge difference between breaking a law and being a criminal. In the grand scheme of things what these women did is lower down the list than speeding.
way, way lower...I like the comparison

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
mysask.com - News

I was born and raised here in Canada. I feel this is a very important issue. We here in this country have to live by the law or go to jail or punished in other ways. Is this too Extreme? I think not. This tells me that if the government allows these 2 women to remain in Canada it is going to send a very LOUD message to others. I see the message reading something like this....

Now that may sound a little extreme but I see if the government folds un public pressure then that is the message we as Canadians will be sending around the world LOUD AND CLEAR.

I am getting sick and tired of this CRAP. We as LAW ABIDING CANADIANS need to stand up for OUR RIGHTS. We work, we pay taxes to put these idiots/politicians into power. It is about time they started paying attention to US. I am sick and tired of the bleeding hearts that think that it is a victimless crime when that was 2 positions that could have been filled legally. I don't know about the rest of you but I was always taught and brought up with this philosophy.... "IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE TIME.... DON'T DO THE CRIME" Well they broke the law, they violated the conditions on their visas, therefore they go back to Nigeria. I know some of you will disagree but that is MY view.

If stupid was a crime you would be sent away for a life.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Taking a minimum wage job is a crime now? Hmm, odd. The positions needed to be filled and no one else would take them.

The OP just likes to complain about nothing clearly.

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
Well I see that this is obviously a sore spot amongst the bleeding heart liberals. So I'll just remember to keep my thoughts to myself. However on a related note... An Inmate deemed by the parole board of Canada who is in their words "likely to reoffend" Let a man out of jail to be I a halfway house in my city. So I guess I shouldn't be worried because our same bleeding heart liberals would say... Oh he did his six years in jail. He paid his debt to society.... So maybe we should just ship him to be within 10 blocks of your house and your families. Hell I'll even pay for the bus ticket.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Two young uni students who accidentally broke employment/immigration laws, and an actual hardened criminal likely to reoffend, are not anywhere remotely in the same realm.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What's a criminal?

mysask.com - News

I think this is a matter requiring flexibility as it's very seldom "black & white". Where would you start? Jaywalking? Stealing a can of beans to feed his family? Neglecting to declare $2 on your income tax you rec'd for baby sitting someone's dog?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is taking law and order to the extreme. Yes they broke a law, by working in the
manner they did. Good God this is supposed to get them deported? Give me a Break.
Think of all the things we did as kids and by today's standards they were extreme but
not unusual. For example we all smoked as teens, by today's standards its a crime
technically until you are of legal age. We drank in fact we did drink and drive we all did.
Then there is the parties after hours we couldn't get in the bar till twenty one so we
drank and raised hell elsewhere. Again by today's standards extreme Today there is
bush parties with booze music and sex. The cops try to shut them down and where
do the kids end up. On the streets in local towns closer to drug dealers that are a lot
worse.
There were some I won't mention names that road around in old cars from the forties
with no licence and not insurance and out ran the cops using every country back road
there was.
Try this stuff today and what happens? There are councillors, and school officials and
community workers and police and courts and parents with fear in their hearts. It is all
EXTREME. All the above mentioned things are part of growing up. Testing the waters
of authority and learning from some hard knocks, so when their kids do it they know
how to handle it. Today we have as parents abandoned our parental authority to people
with degree's that know less than we do.
If this were in the fifties, sixties, seventies and even the eighties there would have been
warnings wind and bluster. These two girls would have had the hell scare out of them and
then they would proceed to finish their education. Today we call them serious criminals
and destroy their future in the name of law and order. We pound our chest and say we got
em Danno, like we did something wonderful. I think the law is over reacting here.
Yes they are making a mountain out of a mole hill because people don't know what common
sense is because common sense itself is in such short supply.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well I see that this is obviously a sore spot amongst the bleeding heart liberals.

I wouldn't consider some of the posters challenging you in this thread bleeding hearts. What's really happening in this thread is that it's one of those rare moments when someone posts something so obviously stupid on this forum and even people who normally oppose each other show up and call out the stupidity.

The crime these women committed was getting a job on a student visa. A crime which is now no longer a crime. You pretend that this about the principle of the law, but it's really about your hatred of immigrants and liberals. You perceive immigrants as taking advantage of the system, but you're clear to make it personal. Is this about the law or it it about YOU?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well I see that this is obviously a sore spot amongst the bleeding heart liberals. So I'll just remember to keep my thoughts to myself. However on a related note... An Inmate deemed by the parole board of Canada who is in their words "likely to reoffend" Let a man out of jail to be I a halfway house in my city. So I guess I shouldn't be worried because our same bleeding heart liberals would say... Oh he did his six years in jail. He paid his debt to society.... So maybe we should just ship him to be within 10 blocks of your house and your families. Hell I'll even pay for the bus ticket.
It's not a sore spot Canuck50, it's logic. This has nothing to do with liberals and jail sentences. You are the second one today to parachute in and tell us who we are, how we think, and what we should actually be thinking. You are wrong. Most here are hard on crime...this just wasn't a crime and opinions on the girls should not then be projected onto a "criminal". It is illogical to do so.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
mysask.com - News

I just read the account of those two evil women. They are worse than Ted Bundy and Paul Bernardo combined. Deportation is too good for them, they should be stoned!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I just read the account of those two evil women. They are worse than Ted Bundy and Paul Bernardo combined. Deportation is too good for them, they should be stoned!
are you supplying the weed you dirty libtard? :p

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
JLM I love the comment how could they be that evil imagine getting a job in Canada?
On a student visa at that what a terrible thing to do. Can you imagine if they were sent
to a half way house and convinced others to go and seek employment? This will never
do.