Oh looky how stupid they hope we are!!!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This just ticks me off beyond further comment;

Take a wee gander at what they have been doing to cover their dirty butts:

Great news for anyone visiting Parliament Hill this summer – the Canadian government will provide you with your own personal propagandist.
The Canadian Press reports that summer tour guides are being been trained to "praise the Senate and disdain democracies with three or more political parties."
An eyebrow-raising manual obtained through an Access to Information Act request (because nothing is easy when it comes to government transparency) outlines the values of "Canada's second – not secondary – chamber" as more cost effective than the House of Commons and more efficient in holding the government to account.

Yahoo! News

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
"It also describes two-party systems (such as the U.S.'s Democrats and Republicans) as having more moderation than multi-party systems."

It can't be serious!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
"It also describes two-party systems (such as the U.S.'s Democrats and Republicans) as having more moderation than multi-party systems."

It can't be serious!
no kidding...more braying...they are desperate and scrambling, good thing is they realize we are angry and want their asses tossed. ( I hope)

I hope partisan fools don't mess this up, this is the best chance we've had to demand change.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
no kidding...more braying...they are desperate and scrambling, good thing is they realize we are angry and want their asses tossed. ( I hope)

I hope partisan fools don't mess this up, this is the best chance we've had to demand change.

but is it the government that made that decision from the top, or bureaucrats?

Whoever it is, it's either serious imcompetence (I hope), or calculated corruption (very dangerous).

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well I hope a large portion of those 46 guests reading this thread are drones pulling info and regurgitating it back to the ConLibs. That is our party isn't it? or should it just be LibCons?

but is it the government that made that decision from the top, or bureaucrats?

Whoever it is, it's either serious imcompetence (I hope), or calculated corruption (very dangerous).
it is both along with our blind obedience to the system

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The current gov puts gag orders and dictates the language used by government employees all the time, this is just yet another example.

They have forgotten they are employees, not rulers.

Turf them and start fresh.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The current gov puts gag orders and dictates the language used by government employees all the time, this is just yet another example.

They have forgotten they are employees, not rulers.

Turf them and start fresh.

The sooner the better for a Canadian Spring!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
This makes no sense. There is no way the Conservatives should be promoting a 2 party system (when 2 of the 3 parties are on the left). And their support of the senate will cost them some of their grass root support as well.

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
This makes no sense. There is no way the Conservatives should be promoting a 2 party system (when 2 of the 3 parties are on the left). And their support of the senate will cost them some of their grass root support as well.
Which 2 parties are on the left of what?
Con support won't evaporate, no matter what they actually do, as long as they con their supporters, which is a long time, as their supporter aren't, by and large, all that bright. ("Your government's action plan: job-creation through budget-busting and off-shore contracting." Yaaay! More o' that!)
They promote a 2-party system because they hope to consolidate all opposition into one party that's so disparate it will never formulate policies that attract a large enough voter-base.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Which 2 parties are on the left of what?
Con support won't evaporate, no matter what they actually do, as long as they con their supporters, which is a long time, as their supporter aren't, by and large, all that bright. ("Your government's action plan: job-creation through budget-busting and off-shore contracting." Yaaay! More o' that!)
They promote a 2-party system because they hope to consolidate all opposition into one party that's so disparate it will never formulate policies that attract a large enough voter-base.

I think the Conservative voter base is at core probably about 30-35%. When they venture a bit to the centre they can get up to 45%. The Libs and Dipps will split the other 55%. As long as they do, more Conservatives get in. A single Lib-Dipp party could get the 55%.

Numbers above are simplified (and best guesses) but as a general rule with 2 parties left of centre, they will split the left vote leaving the right easier to get in. Same thing happened in the 90s with 2 right wing parties splitting the right vote allowing the Libs to get in. At that time the Dipps were a blip on the radar.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If she's pretty and bi (I'm considering wifey here), I want one.
lmao...nah, I am POSitive wifey likes a brain and I haven't even met wifey and I would STILL bet my left boobie on it...and that is highly valued boobie ... trust me on this. :p

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lmao...nah, I am POSitive wifey likes a brain and I haven't even met wifey and I would STILL bet my left boobie on it...and that is highly valued boobie ... trust me on this. :p
She does value intelligence highly, but I was thinking that these "guides" are probably uni students that were looking for jobs. :D Gov't does hire uni students for a variety of jobs. Met 3 or 4 of them coming back from Blaine, WA across the border one time. They were part-time border guards. Nice young people (which is a lot more than we could say for the French-Canadian schmuck who told us to pull over so the students could go through everything in the vehicle).

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
She does value intelligence highly, but I was thinking that these "guides" are probably uni students that were looking for jobs. :D Gov't does hire uni students for a variety of jobs. Met 3 or 4 of them coming back from Blaine, WA across the border one time. They were part-time border guards. Nice young people (which is a lot more than we could say for the French-Canadian schmuck who told us to pull over so the students could go through everything in the vehicle).

I am thinking wifey would not put up well with fools....

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you must have been shady looking 'cause I am betting wifey ain't...lol... omg I would just love to know what I know now and go back to those good old uni student days... how did they fly past so quickly...and why do I still feel the same but look so different in the mirror... there's the conundrum ... :D *sigh*