Canadian two-armed v i b r a t o r maker wins U.S. patent case

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening.

WASHINGTON – Couples in the United States looking to spice up their sex lives will have to do without certain adult toys after a U.S. trade panel ruled on Monday that some companies are violating a patent held by a Canadian company for a two-armed v I b r a t o r.

The U.S. International Trade Commission found that Lelo Shanghai Trading and a number of other v I b r a t o rmakers infringe on Standard Innovation Corp’s patent for a two-armed
v I b r a t o r that couples can use during intercourse.

Standard Innovation, which is based in Ottawa and is privately held, filed an infringement complaint against Lelo and a long list of other companies in early 2012, accusing them of infringing on Standard’s patent for the adult toys, designed to be worn while a couple has sex.

On its website Standard Innovation describes the We-Vibe family of v I b r a t o rs as “a global sensation.”

The commission’s ruling overturns a preliminary ruling by an ITC judge, who found in January that while Lelo’s products and those made by other small companies infringed on Standard Innovation’s patent, the patent holder did not have enough commercial activity in the United States to have standing to prevail at the ITC.
The full commission disagreed.

It banned the sale of v I b r a t o rs made by Lelo Inc, Nalpac Enterprises Ltd, Williams Trading Co., Honey’s Place Inc and Lover’s Lane & Co.

The ITC is a popular venue for patent fights because its docket moves fairly quickly and since it can order a sales ban for any device which infringes a patent.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Interesting. Wifey has one of those We Vibe things. It's pretty cool.