An artical from HM about living in China .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I've been living in China for about 6 years. I came over from Canada when I was 19 because i was fed up with life there. It was the best decision I ever made. I've lived in big cities and small in the North and South and traveled all over.

When I first arrived I was shocked at how sweet and feminine the women were. Chinese women were so approachable and didn't appear to hate men. They liked men and appreciated their attention. If they aren't interested in a guy they'll take all precautions not to embarrass the guy or make him feel bad.

On visits home, I found Canadian women simply unbearable to be around. Just mentioning Asian women would make them crazy and appear visibly threatened! Women in China know that finding a good guy is the most important thing for them in life. It would be difficult for you to find a woman in China who actually dreams of being a careerist and most women that end up that way (usually not by choice) feel lonely and are desperate to find someone.

I'm recently married to a Chinese woman and so happy. She takes care of me and doesn't challenge my natural role of authority in our relationship. She is so patient and sweet with me, it is incredible. I thank God every day for her.

I also loved how nobody in China cares about your opinion. There is no political correctness here. You are free to speak your mind. As long as you don't publicly oppose the government, nobody cares what you say. People with differing opinions don't vilify each other here. It's great.

DRAWBACKS

There's a lot of alcohol abuse going on in Northern China though. Drinking to the point of vomiting in the street is common there and forcing more booze on your lunch or dinner guests than they can take is considered normal hospitality.

Alcohol is sold everywhere and there are apparently no laws regarding when and where you can consume alcohol or prohibiting public drunkenness. Many of my happiest memories involve getting drunk with my friends over big spreads of delicious Chinese food and cheap cigarettes.

Casual sex, adulterous affairs, faggotry, gold digging and p4p are common in China (perhaps even more so than in the west) but are not generally considered appropriate topics of conversation. Despite being common, they are not advertised as a normal way of life as they are in the west. Skeletons and perversions are kept in the closet where they belong.

Horror stories about what people will do here for a buck will shock you. Murdering and kidnapping people for their organs is on the rise. Buying and selling humans. Cannibalism of human foetuses. Things you can't imagine. You hear about weirder and weirder things as you get to know people well. Sometimes as first hand accounts. Unethical behavior in business is the norm.

It is all buried under a veneer of normalcy that the government carefully works to cultivate, keeping everything "harmonious."

The more time you spend here and the better you get to know people, the more of this you'll begin to see.

CANADA

Visiting Canada can be horrifying. Although it is such a beautiful and clean setting, people seem so weird and confused there. Women don't appreciate men and become more twisted and neurotic as they age.

My jaw constantly drops at the number of faggots I see on TV and in public there. Petty laws and bylaws regulate every movement. It is like being in a behavior modification laboratory. Stifling liberal conformity is imposed on everyone; the political correctness is suffocating. Everything is insanely expensive.

I was an atheist before I came to China but now I have a strong faith in God. I can feel his presence every day here in China.

I thank Him every day for showing me the way to escape from Babylon.
- See more at: Wholesome Refuge in China -- Another View - henrymakow.com

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
China- Why not apply for citizenship in China. Oh yeah,I recall that other thread.
To many of those types over there.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
A different view of Chinese woman.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am Max. I was teaching English in China. I was attracted by the advertisements calling to teach English in China, and for exotic locales and adventure. I got that alright. Now back home in the US I am completely pissed off and unhappy. I honestly wished to God I had not gone to China and tangled with Chinese women. They are the most cunning and manipulative in the world. I am now left with a whole hole in my life; and a great sense of having been used and abandoned.

Like Tom I initially thought I found heaven. Indeed, I fell head over heels with my Chinese wife, one of my students at English class. She was so sweet and nice. After marriage, things changed ever so slightly but surely. She became ever so unhappy with my job as English tutor. She said it was 'a job with no future'. She said it was 'a low class job' with little pay and gave her no 'face'. She egged me to go home to the US telling me how wonderful life would be there. Besotted with my 'sweet' wife, I became more and more uncomfortable in China when even her parents and relatives became 'cooler' towards me, just after a half year of marriage. I decided to go back to US with my wife, moving to San Francisco thinking she would be happy there, many Chinese.

Indeed in the first year back I thought I found heaven. My wife immediately started to get to know the local Chinese community and started working in the Chinese restaurant, starting as dishwasher and moving on to assistant cook, keeping long hours. Her earnings were not much; how much can you get from a Chinese restaurant? But she was happy and did not have much complaints. She insisted though to get her 'green card' as spouse of an American citizen; and I was proud of her to do so, thinking that this proved her commitment to me and my country. Little did I know.

My 'sweet' wife got her US citizenship and things changed from thereon, overnight and never looked back until she left me.

After she got her citizenship papers my wife asked me, demanded me to get her parents and relatives over, to sponsor them. I told her I cannot get her parents over as I was not earning enough; what are they going to live on? At this she laughed and said that 'in China men took care of the family and wives hold on to what they earn'. She would not give what she earned, she laughed at my job and earnings saying that most Chinese think Americans are 'well off', 'Now she really knows this is not true. I was the example.' This really hurt me bad. She then nagged me to sponsor her brother and family over; he is a computer technician. To keep the family peace, hoping things will go back to the good old sweet days I agreed. I went through hell and high water to get them over. She, my wife, was ecstatic to see her brother and family. But things did not really change. She worked long hours, scarcely gave me time and mixed even more with her brother's family.

She kept egging me on to get her parents and a cousin over. She kept on saying my job and earnings were 'a disgrace'. I could not even help her take care of her parents. I was 'indeed a great disappointment'. She kept on being cold to me and spent little time with me. I was not able to get her parents over; but I did manage to sponsor her cousin. This was my greatest mistake.

It turned out that he was not her cousin after all. He was a smooth looking young man with a computer science degree. Six months after her 'cousin' came over; my wife just quietly left the flat. I came back one evening and all her clothes and things were cleared out, clean. I searched hell and high water for her, I could not find her. Six months later, I received papers from a lawyer in Chinatown for divorce. It turned out that her 'cousin' is now her partner. The last I heard of her is that her parents are now over here. Her 'cousin' and her brother had got them over.

"Chinese women were so approachable and didn't appear to hate men. [They are shockingly] sweet and feminine."

This is COMPLETELY UNTRUE. They are only so because they want something from you. They want to get 'a green card' to a Western country, and they want to get their parents and relatives over to have the good life here, also to sponge of welfare and the pension. I have seen this many times from many friends. Same experience. Once they get the green card the will leave us 'hairy gweilos'. They think we are rich; once they realise we are not, they change overnight. They look down on you.

The best ladies my friends tell me are Filipinos. They are more westernised and they are actually prettier. They are warmer, have more 'heart'. They really love Americans. Many of my friends are turning off the East Asians - Chinese, Koreans, Japanese. They are too rich now. They look down on you. Filipinos and South East Asians like Laotians are better. Particularly FILIPINOS. They know American culture better; and they love us. They have more 'heart'.

Since I'm going to China soon and finding a woman is one of my top priorities, stories like this scare me. Reading through the comments, however, made me a little suspicious. There were comments saying AWs aren't always so bad as if to draw attention back to them and make guys think that they are acceptable. Another thing was a lack of people saying, "This is why you don't bring a Chinese wife to a Western country!" As far as I saw, no one said anything like that. IMO, that would have fixed this whole thing. If he hadn't brought her back, then he could have just left her in China. Either that or she could divorce him there (thus avoiding draconian Western frivorce laws.) There are indicators that he wasn't too bright with things either, such as how he met her because she was a student.

I'm going to teach English and if I had a Chinese girlfriend or wife who says that that is a "dead end job," and I need to do something "better" she's going to get dumped really fast...and she won't be getting anywhere near the U.S. regardless.

You and macoo need to revive the He-Man Woman Haters Club.

(That's a Little Rascals reference. It's a cultural thing.)
Wow ,Women are great .I think I better say it again ...... WOMEN ARE GREAT !

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So... What's it like competing for the attention of all 6 dozen women in the country with the other 1 billion guys?

Sounds like the ultimate sausage party to me

The one child policy lead to a high abortion rate for females. Male children had stature. When married the sons wife moves to his family side. So income and all moves with her.
Now the imbalance is so great that the demand for brides is substantial.

Chinese Marriage Crisis - Women Shortage in China - Marie Claire

China's looming woman shortage: 5 possible consequences - The Week

China's Women Shortage Fuels Trafficking - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I've been living in China for about 6 years. I came over from Canada when I was 19 because i was fed up with life there. It was the best decision I ever made. I've lived in big cities and small in the North and South and traveled all over.

When I first arrived I was shocked at how sweet and feminine the women were. Chinese women were so approachable and didn't appear to hate men. They liked men and appreciated their attention. If they aren't interested in a guy they'll take all precautions not to embarrass the guy or make him feel bad.

On visits home, I found Canadian women simply unbearable to be around. Just mentioning Asian women would make them crazy and appear visibly threatened! Women in China know that finding a good guy is the most important thing for them in life. It would be difficult for you to find a woman in China who actually dreams of being a careerist and most women that end up that way (usually not by choice) feel lonely and are desperate to find someone.

I'm recently married to a Chinese woman and so happy. She takes care of me and doesn't challenge my natural role of authority in our relationship. She is so patient and sweet with me, it is incredible. I thank God every day for her.

I also loved how nobody in China cares about your opinion. There is no political correctness here. You are free to speak your mind. As long as you don't publicly oppose the government, nobody cares what you say. People with differing opinions don't vilify each other here. It's great.

DRAWBACKS

There's a lot of alcohol abuse going on in Northern China though. Drinking to the point of vomiting in the street is common there and forcing more booze on your lunch or dinner guests than they can take is considered normal hospitality.

Alcohol is sold everywhere and there are apparently no laws regarding when and where you can consume alcohol or prohibiting public drunkenness. Many of my happiest memories involve getting drunk with my friends over big spreads of delicious Chinese food and cheap cigarettes.

Casual sex, adulterous affairs, faggotry, gold digging and p4p are common in China (perhaps even more so than in the west) but are not generally considered appropriate topics of conversation. Despite being common, they are not advertised as a normal way of life as they are in the west. Skeletons and perversions are kept in the closet where they belong.

Horror stories about what people will do here for a buck will shock you. Murdering and kidnapping people for their organs is on the rise. Buying and selling humans. Cannibalism of human foetuses. Things you can't imagine. You hear about weirder and weirder things as you get to know people well. Sometimes as first hand accounts. Unethical behavior in business is the norm.

It is all buried under a veneer of normalcy that the government carefully works to cultivate, keeping everything "harmonious."

The more time you spend here and the better you get to know people, the more of this you'll begin to see.

CANADA

Visiting Canada can be horrifying. Although it is such a beautiful and clean setting, people seem so weird and confused there. Women don't appreciate men and become more twisted and neurotic as they age.

My jaw constantly drops at the number of faggots I see on TV and in public there. Petty laws and bylaws regulate every movement. It is like being in a behavior modification laboratory. Stifling liberal conformity is imposed on everyone; the political correctness is suffocating. Everything is insanely expensive.

I was an atheist before I came to China but now I have a strong faith in God. I can feel his presence every day here in China.

I thank Him every day for showing me the way to escape from Babylon.
- See more at: Wholesome Refuge in China -- Another View - henrymakow.com
Sounds to me like China is the place for you then.
Personally, I like it here. I have a woman who appreciates me and I like that she is strong and doesn't treat me like I am some lord and master, so she is my equal, not some bit of fluff that was programmed to serve me.
So, each to his/her own.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
So, each to his/her own.
Sure LG ....each to his own .At this very moment I am in Canada enjoying being back home but there are still many places in this world that I haven't visited ( yet ) but I will in a nearest future.I'm only 62 .....today !haha
I like China allot as I have many good friends there . I stillwant to work some fertilizer business there , but I don't think that I would "settle down" in China .
You have a good wife LG ....I am very happy for you -really .
I guess for me business is "my wife"

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Sure LG ....each to his own .At this very moment I am in Canada enjoying being back home but there are still many places in this world that I haven't visited ( yet ) but I will in a nearest future.I'm only 62 .....today !haha
I like China allot as I have many good friends there . I stillwant to work some fertilizer business there , but I don't think that I would "settle down" in China .
You have a good wife LG ....I am very happy for you -really .
I guess for me business is "my wife"
Happy birthday. :D