Stephen Harper just exceeded "shelf life"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We might be better off to just hire a management team that can be canned at the first sign of BS instead of waiting years to get rid of them.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What will be really telling is where the other parties stand on this. They all wish to form a government and presumably award their friends with these high paying jobs. SO far the silence has been fairly loud.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
ALL governments are corrupt and ALL politicians are self serving.

Democracy is a failure.

The only form of Govt that has any worth is a Constitutional Republic and that is why there aren't any.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Personally, I would like to see senators get an honorarium of $1000 a year and while on the job, have the privilege of signing for meals at a local family restaurant where an account is set up. A lot of them are getting a pension anyway.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They can pay their own way out of their wage/salary like the rest of us have to. The elitist bullsh*t has to stop.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Steven Harper exceeded "shelf life".. please tell me what the alternative government or leader plans to do about protecting Canada's northern borders against countries that want to steal our resources??

Canada's economy is out pacing most of the world and G8 countries..

If you don't like Harper, you're free to F*CK OFF and move to Greece or France to live.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
If you don't like Harper, you're free to F*CK OFF and move to Greece or France to live.

Or, use all the rights and privileges afforded to any citizen and feel free to voice your displeasure, even to advocate for change...

If you don't like reading or hearing that, you could move yourself to China where the government is very forceful in protecting itself from criticism. Otherwise you'll just have to deal with the fact that not everyone agrees on what the best course of action is.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Or, use all the rights and privileges afforded to any citizen and feel free to voice your displeasure, even to advocate for change...

..or you can continue to complain, b*tch and wine and yes vote in an alternative government and drive Canada's economy into the sh*tter like France, Greece and even the USA.

Sure you have the right to voice your opinion, as did I.. don't like Canada, move.. you don't have to go to Greece, try the USA.

Canada should be FIRST!! Harper does that..

Not second to some warped ideology.

Justin Trudeau: Canada Second - YouTube

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I Don't Like Harper and I am not going anywhere. Come to think of it I
don't care too much for the other guys either. Canada specializes in being a very
dysfunctional family, in other words we express our opinion where ever and when
ever we bloody well please.
Isn't it funny how this government has dismantled the working people in the civil
service but they are paying big money to the top bracket of the institution. for being
the administrators of less productivity. They also do the dirty work to keep Harper
at arms length. That is the job of the senior people regardless of who is in power.
The once invincible Harper is showing signs of wear. They need the top boys and
girls because they are going to face challenges right inside their own party and its
coming fast.
The Reform element and the old Progressive Conservative elements are about to
collide with a thunder not heard in some time. Funny how the people were so happy
to see the downsize in government until it began to affect the program service levels.
Believe me the service levels are a mess right now. All these people they are buying
out or dismissing they will need to hire later on contract because the experience
within the service is leaving and the crunch well it comes in about a year from now.
These high paid folks at the top who keep getting paid while everyone gets chopped
have no idea in many cases how the system actually operates. Believe me in any
organization there is a plan a protocol and a way of doing things on paper, it often has
nothing to do with what really happens.
Harper will likely not run again because he is becoming more and more unpopular with
the average guy on the street. Watch out I don't like it but another Trudeau is about to
take command of the country.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Senate has been rotten right from the get go. P.E.I. has almost as much representation as B.C. does. Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind that bullsh*t?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
First of all I Don't Like Harper and I am not going anywhere. Come to think of it I don't care too much for the other guys either. Canada specializes in being a very dysfunctional family, in other words we express our opinion where ever and when ever we bloody well please.

exactly.

Harper will likely not run again because he is becoming more and more unpopular with the average guy on the street. Watch out I don't like it but another Trudeau is about to take command of the country.

I honestly feel if this dumb a$$ gets elected.. there is enough strong resentment towards the East and another Quebec sympathizer, either Trudeau will be the first PM assassinated or Canada will be split up, Alberta taking the lead.

There is a lot of hatred towards Trudeau in Alberta.. more than that from Republicans to Obama I would say.

Personally, I don't care.. I will probably be back in Texas is 6 months running a 3 big rigs with Landstar.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First of all I Don't Like Harper and I am not going anywhere. Come to think of it I
don't care too much for the other guys either. Canada specializes in being a very
dysfunctional family, in other words we express our opinion where ever and when
ever we bloody well please.
Isn't it funny how this government has dismantled the working people in the civil
service but they are paying big money to the top bracket of the institution. for being
the administrators of less productivity. They also do the dirty work to keep Harper
at arms length. That is the job of the senior people regardless of who is in power.
The once invincible Harper is showing signs of wear. They need the top boys and
girls because they are going to face challenges right inside their own party and its
coming fast.
The Reform element and the old Progressive Conservative elements are about to
collide with a thunder not heard in some time. Funny how the people were so happy
to see the downsize in government until it began to affect the program service levels.
Believe me the service levels are a mess right now. All these people they are buying
out or dismissing they will need to hire later on contract because the experience
within the service is leaving and the crunch well it comes in about a year from now.
These high paid folks at the top who keep getting paid while everyone gets chopped
have no idea in many cases how the system actually operates. Believe me in any
organization there is a plan a protocol and a way of doing things on paper, it often has
nothing to do with what really happens.
Harper will likely not run again because he is becoming more and more unpopular with
the average guy on the street. Watch out I don't like it but another Trudeau is about to
take command of the country.

We'll see..................If Harper has any brains at all (which I think he probably does) he'll either abolish the Senate or clip their horns right after which he will probably be P.M. for as long as he likes. Trudeau is NOT an option and the N.D.P. strong hold is not sustainable.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The Senate has been rotten right from the get go. P.E.I. has almost as much representation as B.C. does. Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind that bullsh*t?

Representation by population or by region? The reform Party's proposal of each province with the same number of senators was to protect less populated provinces from being overwhelmed by more populous ones.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Steven Harper exceeded "shelf life".. please tell me what the alternative government or leader plans to do about protecting Canada's northern borders against countries that want to steal our resources??

Well aren't we Mr. Grumpypants today. :lol:

Personally, I don't care.. I will probably be back in Texas is 6 months running a 3 big rigs with Landstar.

Good riddance.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

First at the trough?

Representation by population or by region? The reform Party's proposal of each province with the same number of senators was to protect less populated provinces from being overwhelmed by more populous ones.

By region otherwise we are just duplicating the other great waste of tax money.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

It was Martin who signed the SPP along with Bush and Fox

Harper didn't do anything more than what as required in that agreement which has ambitious plans for northern security.

The next PM will probably do the same until the US meets their end of the agreement which they have fallen short on at several levels.

The only reason we are out pacing the other G8 nations is because of the Action Plan that started under Martin as well and it's massive Chinese investments into our resources an infrastructure.

Harper has been a good caretaker PM and who ever is next will be the caretaker of this massive imitative that will see most of it's goal reached by 2020.

Come 2025, we are going to be swimming in money.