Confessions of a stupid criminal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'This is a camera I stole... and this is me': Dumb thief films himself and gives his name in clip on stolen camcorder

A man who stole a camcorder is a contender for the nation's dumbest thief - after he used it to introduce himself and admit to stealing the gadget.

Houaka Yang, from La Crosse, Wisconsin, stole the camera from a car in the driveway of Republican state Senate candidate Bill Feehan.

Police recovered it while investigating a series of thefts in the area and returned it to its owner, Chris Rochester, who works for Feehan.

more

'This is a camera I stole... and this is me': Dumb thief films himself and gives his name in clip on stolen camcorder | Mail Online

the brainiac:

Confessions of a stupid criminal: Thief is sure he won't get caught (original) - YouTube

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
This reminds me of a case where the police called a person of interest in to see if he could id the drug pusher in a video they had. The video was blurry so it was hard to id clearly. What does this person of interest do? He says: Hey, that's me!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Not sure I get why you think someone exercising a legal right to have the officer provide correct identification PRIOR to complying with his request is stupid. What I find stupid is the cop not adhering to the law and opening himself and his detachment to massive lawsuits. The guy behind the camera is quite correct in that a uniform is NOT proof of someone being a police officer, what IS proof (according to the law) is a badge with matching picture identification.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not sure I get why you think someone exercising a legal right to have the officer provide correct identification PRIOR to complying with his request is stupid. What I find stupid is the cop not adhering to the law and opening himself and his detachment to massive lawsuits. The guy behind the camera is quite correct in that a uniform is NOT proof of someone being a police officer, what IS proof (according to the law) is a badge with matching picture identification.
You will have to quote the law that supports what you just said....
Most law enforcement officers will show their photo ID when not in uniform and might even show it if "politely" asked when in uniform, but in the video, the guy with an attitude, deserved what he got

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You will have to quote the law that supports what you just said....
Most law enforcement officers will show their photo ID when not in uniform and might even show it if "politely" asked when in uniform, but in the video, the guy with an attitude, deserved what he got

So you just accept that anyone in a uniform is really a cop? If that were the case there wouldn't be a need for 'impersonating a police officer' in the law. Me, I go with the DTA (Don't Trust Anybody) attitude. You want me to obey you because you are a cop and have authority to give me orders....prove it! First identify yourself as a real cop to MY satisfaction, second, recite chapter & verse exactly what law you are using to claim that authority over me. If you cannot do those 2 simple things I am not gonna obey you or believe you are a cop with authority over me.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
So you just accept that anyone in a uniform is really a cop? If that were the case there wouldn't be a need for 'impersonating a police officer' in the law. Me, I go with the DTA (Don't Trust Anybody) attitude. You want me to obey you because you are a cop and have authority to give me orders....prove it! First identify yourself as a real cop to MY satisfaction, second, recite chapter & verse exactly what law you are using to claim that authority over me. If you cannot do those 2 simple things I am not gonna obey you or believe you are a cop with authority over me.
A simple quote of the law you say exist, would suffice....we are all aware by now of your braggadocious nature.

The place that I have met more "posers" or pretenders is on internet forums....................