Arthur Porter arrested - Will make some Cons nervous I would say

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
And a pick up truck instead of a wagon.

Nope; gas costs money.

Seriously; IF he's found guilty of the fraud and money laundering he's accused of, it might not be too big a stretch to say he's a criminal.

IF he's a criminal, AND in charge of oversight of our security, it's not too big of a stretch to believe he might sell classified information to the highest bidder.??

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goobs: You must be really bored these days.

What's next? The son of Con MP high-sticks a Lib MP's kid at a Pee Wee game?

Sheesh

Nope- A simple background check for sensitive material and this guy would never have made it as far as he did. Or with as much money as he did.
Did you read the articles by chance.
I was wondering when they would haul him in.

CSIS- The new Montreal Hosp under investigation- SNC Lavalin under investigation- Privy Council-

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh for God's sake, these companies and many at the top have been doing this for years.
Why on earth do you think it was simply done in the Duffy Case. They wrote a check to
make it all go away in that case.
We have got to have governments get control of these companies and lay the law down
but that won't happen because they are the ones calling the shots and its time someone
stood up and said enough.
SNC has been up to no good for years and it goes back to the dealings in third
world countries, Russia and elsewhere. What is really funny is we pretend to be so shocked
when inside we know these companies have no fiscal morals or ethics.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Nope- A simple background check for sensitive material and this guy would never have made it as far as he did. Or with as much money as he did.
Did you read the articles by chance.
I was wondering when they would haul him in.

CSIS- The new Montreal Hosp under investigation- SNC Lavalin under investigation- Privy Council-

This just doesn't have the same panache as handing 100s of millions in brown paper bags or things like St Jack and Olivia each collecting a living allowance (while living together) AND in subsidized housing.

I'm also just a little curious here as to why all the blame gets laid exclusively at Harper's feet and nothing at the provincial authorities relative to Quebec's rich history of corruption.

Face it Goobs, Harper didn't do anything wrong - some of the people his office appointed did... Hang the blame on them first before you waste so much time trying to pin this on buddy

Interesting how so few of the forum's right wingers have much to say about this. ;)

What's to say? It's a tempest in a tea-pot at best

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This just doesn't have the same panache as handing 100s of millions in brown paper bags or things like St Jack and Olivia each collecting a living allowance (while living together) AND in subsidized housing.

I'm also just a little curious here as to why all the blame gets laid exclusively at Harper's feet and nothing at the provincial authorities relative to Quebec's rich history of corruption.

Face it Goobs, Harper didn't do anything wrong - some of the people his office appointed did... Hang the blame on them first before you waste so much time trying to pin this on buddy

What's to say? It's a tempest in a tea-pot at best

If Justin becomes the next PM, I can't wait to see you, and the other cons on here, falling all over yourselves to bury him in crap for the slightest sign of corruption. He hasn't done anything yet but the crap machine is in full speed ahead gear.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If Justin becomes the next PM, I can't wait to see you, and the other cons on here, falling all over yourselves to bury him in crap for the slightest sign of corruption. He hasn't done anything yet but the crap machine is in full speed ahead gear.
Justin get crap for what he does personally not for what members of the Libs do.
He does enough on his own without the need to bring anyone else into it:lol:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Arthur Porter 'angry' with his treatment by Canada

The former head of the McGill University Hospital and Canada’s spy watchdog agency says he's “angry” that he is languishing in a Panamanian jail — while waging a fight against cancer — fully 13 months after his arrest in Panama City.

Dr. Arthur Porter sent a letter to the editor of Panama City newspaper Panama America in which he says he has survived, despite anything Canada or Panama has done.

Porter’s letter explains how he was in transit, on a humanitarian tour of cancer clinics he set up in the Caribbean, when he was detained on an international warrant issued by Canada.

The warrant stems from charges of fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, fraud against the government, breach of trust, laundering the proceeds of crime, and participating in a secret commission, with respect to $22.5 million in kickbacks SNC-Lavalinis alleged to have paid to make sure the Montreal-based engineering firm would build the new $1.3 billion MUHC superhospital.

more

Arthur Porter 'angry' with his treatment by Canada - Montreal - CBC News