Dairy farmer acquitted on three of four charges in raw milk trial

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Bravo.

The filthy criminal bastard almost got off eh.

Baraboo — Dairy farmer Vernon Hershberger was acquitted on three of four criminal charges early Saturday morning in a trial that drew national attention from supporters of the raw, unpasteurized milk movement.

Jurors in Sauk County Circuit Court deliberated about four hours, until nearly 1 a.m. Saturday, before returning a verdict of guilty on one charge of violating a holding order placed on products on the Hershberger farm following a raid there in the summer of 2010.

The 41-year-old farmer faces up to a year in jail and $10,000 in fines on that conviction. A sentencing date will be announced later, Judge Guy Reynolds said.

Hershberger was found innocent of three charges that included operating an unlicensed retail store that sold raw milk and other products; and operating a dairy farm and dairy processing facility without licenses.

Hershberger's supporters have said he was targeted for prosecution because he sold raw milk directly to consumers through a private buying club with several hundred members.

more

Dairy farmer acquitted on three of four charges in raw milk trial

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
When I was a lad,before I went to school I had to go to the neighbors to get the milk,they had two Jersey cows,and we got a quart a day,I think it was seven cents{might have been seventeen,that was 55/6 years ago] I really liked it when the milk was still warm,when it cooled off it was nearly half cream,wasn't separated they just run it through a cup towel to strain out the "lumps"{**** straw etc}
And look at me,in perfect health.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
When I was a lad,before I went to school I had to go to the neighbors to get the milk,they had two Jersey cows,and we got a quart a day,I think it was seven cents{might have been seventeen,that was 55/6 years ago] I really liked it when the milk was still warm,when it cooled off it was nearly half cream,wasn't separated they just run it through a cup towel to strain out the "lumps"{**** straw etc}
And look at me,in perfect health.
I'm looking at a chopper. Are you a chopper? :p

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I wouldn't drink 'raw milk' but I can see it's popularity gaining as I wouldn't drink Aspartame milk either.........

Tell the FDA to Reject More Aspartame in Milk!

Right now, in the midst of a major childhood obesity epidemic, the giant dairy lobby is trying to force the federal government to redefine “milk” to include artificial sweeteners such as aspartame in children’s school lunches without proper labels. So instead of chocolate or strawberry milk with sugar, high fructose corn syrup or some natural sweetener, Big Dairy now wants to replace that with aspartame in our children’s milk and pretend it’s a healthy choice for you and America’s children and keep this all a secret by not requiring proper labels!

Aspartame has a long clouded history, with fraudulent science submitted during the original FDA approval process, links to mood alterations including anxiety, agitation, depression, headaches, insomnia, and memory, learning problems and seizures and brain tumors. And not surprising, the company that created by aspartame was bought by Monsanto in the 1985. In 1999, Monsanto admitted to using genetic engineering of bacteria to create aspartame, which is now used widely as an artificial sweetener in diet soft drinks, chewing gum and diet foods as a sugar substitute.

Tell the FDA not to cave to Big Dairy - Keep improperly labeled Aspartame out of our milk!

Tell the FDA to Reject More Aspartame in Milk! | Food Democracy Now

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
THe only "criminal" act here is a government body interfering with a person's right to earn a living and all our rights to a healthy lifestyle. Just view it as another tax on business.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
THe only "criminal" act here is a government body interfering with a person's right to earn a living and all our rights to a healthy lifestyle. Just view it as another tax on business.
If it were a business. This guy didn't have a business, he just tried to screw everybody who pays tax on their business over.