Teachers convey political views to students!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
“I know, up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights” -Dr.Seuss

That is the quote that started it all.

And what's furthered it all, is the Charter of Rights and Freedoms being worn on black t-shirts.

Not lectures given to students, not 'political' posters that spell out grievances to students, nothing complicated or party oriented.

Simple quotes, regarding rights. Simple quotes that can be read and applied to a situation as a reader sees fit. The fact that the school board would attempt to strip these quotes from a school environment is appalling, especially when the message they send is contained within the reader's comprehension of the conflict, not within the quote itself.

BTW, I once went to my child's school, and for literacy day, I gave an anti-war lecture.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In 81 I remember lectures from our MP explaining how the Charter was for us and to make damn sure we use it and hold on to it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In my final year of high school, we had a Social Studies course focusing on Canadian politics. It was an election year and the teacher pretty much admitted he was a Conservative. But he encouraged us to research the issues, get info from all canidates, and make our own opinion. We would then have class dicussions on it. Best high school class I have ever been in. If you had to be a-political, the class would not have worked.