Safety, Security, ....or Liberty??

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Frankly, no matter how many people are killed or wounded by terrorists, the bigger threat is the over-reaction of the Government to the attack. You no longer have the right to remain silent. You must submit and Government, per many of this so-called Conservatives, should be able to do whatever it takes to make us safe. We fought the Cold War against the Soviet Union in part, I thought, because the Soviets insisted on the right declare anyone they perceived to be a threat as the “enemy of the state.” Enemies of the state were, by definition, terrorists. Why? Because the Soviets said so.

Why Conservatives and Fox News Threaten Our Liberty : NO QUARTER USA NET

A conservative trashing conservatives........a VERY good article.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Why Conservatives and Fox News Threaten Our Liberty : NO QUARTER USA NET

A conservative trashing conservatives........a VERY good article.

An excellent article, Colpy and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

As Mr Johnson stated - "My heart and head are with Jefferson. He understood that no government is sacrosanct. It must be under the control of the people and its ability to infringe on the rights of the people must be limited. Otherwise, we become the subjects of tyrants."

Just so.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
enacted in 1791 in the aftermath of the American Revolution, guarantees to
the people “[t]he right … to be secure in their houses… against unreasonable
searches and seizures.” The Fourth Amendment also requires that police seek the
authorization of a neutral judge, in the form of a warrant, before undertaking a
search or seizure. To obtain the warrant, the police are required to demonstrate
“probable cause.”
Wasn't that recently blasted to obscurity and meaninglessness in regard to that that Elvis impersonator?

Has society lost it's cohesion when it comes to the universal upholding of Rights?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I am disgusted by the willingness of those claiming to be Conservatives who excuse the conduct of the police displayed above. With respect to the home invasion carried out on this You Tube video, the police had some other options:

I've pointed out this type of stuff on this forum before. I am a conservative by any definition and I continually bang heads with others here that wish to believe they are conservative.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I've pointed out this type of stuff on this forum before. I am a conservative by any definition and I continually bang heads with others here that wish to believe they are conservative.
Sooner or later, people will wake up to the fact that the constitution has been null and void for decades. The only rights you have are to be good mindless consumers. I know the video is long but it lays out the history of how this came about and what you can do about it. There is no democracy. It is an illusion.