RCMP Arrest 2 In Connection with Terror Plot in Canada

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The RCMP have arrested two people who they say were plotting a terrorist attack in Canada, CTV News has learned.
The arrests were part of an ongoing investigation conducted by the RCMP and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which “had been going on for a considerable amount of time,” reported CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife.
“I am told that the two people who have been arrested, they are linked somehow to al Qaeda,” Fife reported Monday afternoon.
Photos

The RCMP have arrested two people who they say were plotting a terrorist attack in Canada, CTV News has learned.

Fife said it remains unclear how the two are connected to the international terror organization.
The two people arrested Monday are not linked with two men from London, Ont., who died in an al Qaeda-linked siege on a gas plant in Algeria last January.
Fife said police had planned to make the arrests three weeks ago, but for unknown reasons they picked up the suspects on Monday.
The RCMP are expected to provide more information at a Toronto news conference scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Every now and then the cops make one public I think the problem is much bigger
and there are plots going on with more or less ability to carry them out. The over
all reason to let one slip out is to let us know they are doing something. The
terrorists are not the problem our government is not doing a good enough job at
keeping bad people out of the country. We must change the laws as required to
ensure security and that only the right folks get in. Family reunification is a problem.
that needs to be addressed.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Every now and then the cops make one public I think the problem is much bigger
and there are plots going on with more or less ability to carry them out. The over
all reason to let one slip out is to let us know they are doing something. The
terrorists are not the problem our government is not doing a good enough job at
keeping bad people out of the country. We must change the laws as required to
ensure security and that only the right folks get in. Family reunification is a problem.
that needs to be addressed.

Then you will have people crying like this..........

If you boot them out because of their religion, that's discrimination.

Sorry, I'm not Canadian. Are you saying there is no right to be free from religious discrimination in Canada?

You just can't please everybody <shrugs>

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I wonder if any of this is related to the Boston Bombers.. example, Internet conversations with family members or other residents in Canada..

I am sure the FBI has a new wealth of information from the Boston Bombers computers and are sharing it with other governments to foil potential plots.

What a F*CKED UP world we live in..

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It's the Liberals fault!!

They didn't coddle the Canadian Islamist enough!!

I blame Justin, they nominated him as leader, and he screwed it up. He should have been out there coddling all Muslims!!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It's the Liberals fault!!

They didn't coddle the Canadian Islamist enough!!

I blame Justin, they nominated him as leader, and he screwed it up. He should have been out there coddling all Muslims!!

You blame all Muslims?

San Franciski! Oi vey dats a long vays. Did they drove or did they flew?

Oh they took their time and strolled.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Would they related to the San Franciscans? They live a tad south and west of me. Right on the water they are.
Naaah.....He just added a new word to his vocabulary, and he's gonna bore us for days with it. Fourth or fifth time to-day now? another cracked record.......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And them damn Injuns too! They always put Canada second!
That's the al Qaeda link right there.

They some how infiltrated the Fransicans through bingo.

Bingo, the perfect cover.

Nobody would suspect anything odd with Injun al Qaeda being seen at Church on a Tuesday evening during bingo.

Naaah.....He just added a new word to his vocabulary, and he's gonna bore us for days with it. Fourth or fifth time to-day now? another cracked record.......
Left

Last edited: