Gunfire, Explosions After MIT Cop Shot Dead

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
BOSTON (AFP)--Gunfire and explosions erupted in streets close to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Friday after a police officer was shot dead there, witnesses said.

Local media said one person may have been shot in the incidents as heavily armed police launched a major manhunt following the killing on the MIT campus near the city of Boston.

The explosions and gunfire were heard in the Watertown district north of the university. "There were blasts, it could have been grenades," local resident Adam Brown said.

The NBC-WJAR channel later showed film of a man lying on the ground in a street in the town and surrounded by police.

Two hours earlier, a gunman shot dead an MIT campus policeman.

MIT is in Cambridge, Massachusetts, just across the Charles River from Boston, where three people were killed and 180 injured in a double bomb attack on the city's marathon on Monday. Authorities made no immediate link between the two incidents.

Read more: Gunfire, Explosions After MIT Cop Shot Dead

VIDEO OF SUSPECT BEING ARRESTED:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/re...oston-university/story-e6frf7jo-1226624370358

BREAKING RT @ObsoleteDogma: Boston Globe: The suspect in custody is one of the suspects from the marathon bombing via @GlobeJenPeter : BuzzFeedAndrew

Boston Globe: "The suspect in custody is one of the suspects from the marathon bombing via!!!!"

FBI Video: Surveillance Video Related to Boston Bombings - YouTube

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-...surveillance-video-related-to-boston-bombings

source: http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/photos

=================================================

UPDATE!!

==================================================

Suspect #1 is DEAD!!!!

Suspect #2
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Sunil Tripathi still at large..

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
After three days of investigations, the Boston Police Department has identified one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects as Ivy League student, Sunil Tripathi.

Tripathi, who is identified by a white cap in the FBI photos released late this week, was a philosophy major at Brown University, not far from Boston. He comes from a well-to-do family; his father is a rich software engineer.

The student went missing last month without a trace. The FBI became involved in the case, even though it was a presumed suicide.

Right before his disappearance, explosives were found near Brown University, however, they were destroyed in a controlled detonation. Police have yet to implicate anyone in the bomb scare.
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

suspect #1 MIKE MULUGETA IS DEAD !!!

Facebook has now deleted his page..

Here is a screen scrape before FB deleted the account.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It may come as a shock... I do not own a weapon of any sort.

Locked and shades down is more like it.

My good friend is on the Boston Special Ops Unit and lives in the area. He is in my thoughts this morning.

Update... Oh man it looks like something is happening now!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I presume you mean you can't wait until they apprehend this individual and no one else is injured or dies.

Obviously.

It's a bit more than just a "story".

Oh it's definitely more than a story. There's all kinds of memes the media is throwing around to scare the **** out of people and make them feel unsafe.

Even CBC is jumping on the "twin bombings" meme.

Very classy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I presume you mean you can't wait until they apprehend this individual and no one else is injured or dies.

It's a bit more than just a "story".

Damn right. It's a freakshow of every damn fool and ignoramus in the United States (and a good few outside) yelling their empty heads off about whatever piece of misinformation they grab onto from the internet or the voices in their heads. I do believe that's what flossie can't wait for the end of, and I agree completely.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Damn right. It's a freakshow of every damn fool and ignoramus in the United States (and a good few outside) yelling their empty heads off about whatever piece of misinformation they grab onto from the internet or the voices in their heads. I do believe that's what flossie can't wait for the end of, and I agree completely.

This is definitely fuel for the "every terrorist is an islamist terrorist" crowd.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup, the media circus thrives on this sort of thing. You would think there is nothing going on in the world but violence and mayhem... Oh and Justin's hair.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Sorry... we know you were hoping for a different outcome.

Hoping?

No, it didn't even cross my mind until I saw Walter's post which pits the delirious leftoids against the mighty righties or whatever point he had to justify his hyperbolic fantasy.