RCMP Deny Lake Angikuni Disappearances

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The Brilliant dam on the Kootenay River just east of Castlegar has the dubious title of having more UFO sitings of all of North America. Many have been seen hovering over the Arrow Lakes and surrounding mountains for decades. As a native man once said to me, "we do not know if they are benevolent. My advise to you is, if you see a UFO or an alien, run like hell." We ignore or make fun of their presence at our peril, I say! Nobody is safe from this impending doom.

I doubt the Inuit have much to fear. When the aliens arrive, they will go to the cities where meat is abundant and loose women abound.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
For a second there SLM I thought FrenchPatriot was actually responding to someone elses thread.

(ya'll get that?)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
For a second there SLM I thought FrenchPatriot was actually responding to someone elses thread.

I was originally going to throw up that History Channel "It was aliens" dude but he's been done to death.

And who doesn't love a little Leonard Nimoy?

Is it sad that I can actually hear his voice saying the words? Lol.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
These old stories are not about the believability, they are about the fun of speculation.

True. I was always facinated with the lost settlers of Roanoke... or Flight 19. The vanishing mysteries if you will.

I never heard of this. Can't wait to check it out.

Good thread Spade.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
If it's in Wikipedia, it is true!
Quote:
"In 1930, a newsman in Le Pas, Manitoba, reported on a small Inuit village right off of Lake Angikuni. The village had always welcomed the fur trappers who passed through occasionally. But in 1930 Joe Labelle, a fur trapper well known in the village, found that all the villagers had gone. He found unfinished shirts that still had needles in them and food hanging over fire pits and therefore concluded that the villagers had left suddenly. Even more disturbing, he found seven sled dogs dead from starvation and a grave that had been dug up. Labelle knew that an animal could not have been responsible because the stones circling the grave were undisturbed. He reported this to the RCMP, who conducted a search for the missing people; no one was ever found."