Police now able to declare protests illegal

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Police say 279 arrested at Montreal demonstration - Montreal - CBC News

It would appear that the draconian police state is ramping up its attempts to control the population. Like it isn't bad enough govts try to require a permit to protest a new by-law in Montreal allows police to declare a protest illegal and arrest everybody present if organizers do not provide the cops with an itinerary.

WTF? Do these people not read the Charter?

Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.

Why would we need to provide police with any information about a protest especially if that protest is in regards to the police themselves or their govt controllers. We have a right to assemble and a right to freedom of expression without needing any permission from the police or govt. This is a clear violation of our rights as citizens and a furtherance of the Orwellian "Big Brother' state.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The earlier part of the twentieth century demonstrated people had the resolve
to do what they set out to do. Its time to return to the ugly days, when men
didn't give a damn about the governments laws. Remember the Regina and
Winnipeg riots, both were provoked by the police and both clearly demonstrated
the police are not in service to the public they serve the banks and the PMO
and no one else.
Sooner or later the people will demonstrate they have had enough

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The earlier part of the twentieth century demonstrated people had the resolve
to do what they set out to do.
I am unsure if the sheeple in todays population have the apptitude or intestinal fortitude to do such things.
Its time to return to the ugly days, when men didn't give a damn about the governments laws.
I already don't give a damn other than they steal my money by threat of force and jail time.
Remember the Regina and Winnipeg riots, both were provoked by the police and both clearly demonstrated
the police are not in service to the public they serve the banks and the PMO
and no one else.
I don't remember them, probably before my time or at least before I cared about the govt or the news but I have no doubt the police do not serve & protect the public ahead of the govt and the banks.
Sooner or later the people will demonstrate they have had enough
We can hope Grumpy....we can hope!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I have no doubt the police do not serve & protect the public ahead of the govt and the banks.

We can hope Grumpy....we can hope!
You are corrict on the assumption but as for hope, I gave up on sheeple a long time ago. Those capable of critical thought are growing smaller in number, I'm afraid. Those who have the balls to stand up get pissed on by the sheeple.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Any one group or individuals 'right' to protest ends at the very point where it begins to infringe on my rights... For too long now, select lobby groups have been working to hold society hostage in efforts that are nothing more than extortion.

I can't say that I'm terribly upset in that the authorities are making it more difficult for the various whiners in society to throw their tantrums

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Great, so we're on the same page then... When protests morph into impeding on the rights of others, it's the job of the authorities to protect the riights of those infringed upon and curtail the protest activities.

Glad we got that straightened out

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Great, so we're on the same page then... When protests morph into impeding on the rights of others, it's the job of the authorities to protect the riights of those infringed upon and curtail the protest activities.

Glad we got that straightened out
My beef is, who is going to protect peaceful protesters from police brutality? Who is going to protect Canada from becoming a police state? Who is going to protect the rights of all the voiceless life forms from the avarice and greed of the capitalist pigs who think they have a right to exploit the Earth with impunity?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
My beef is, who is going to protect peaceful protesters from police brutality? Who is going to protect Canada from becoming a police state? Who is going to protect the rights of all the voiceless life forms from the avarice and greed of the capitalist pigs who think they have a right to exploit the Earth with impunity?

.. Who is going to protect the majority of non-protestors from having their rights trampled by the various lobby groups?... That's right; the Police

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My beef is, who is going to protect peaceful protesters from police brutality?
The courts? The press? Police internal affairs departments? Parliament?

Who is going to protect Canada from becoming a police state?
All of the above?

Who is going to protect the rights of all the voiceless life forms from the avarice and greed of the capitalist pigs who think they have a right to exploit the Earth with impunity?
Way off topic, but how 'bout. . . voters?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
.. Who is going to protect the majority of non-protestors from having their rights trampled by the various lobby groups?... That's right; the Police
Ah, so you don't believe in the right to political protest. You are an advocate of a police state. Not terribly surprising.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ah, so you don't believe in the right to political protest. You are an advocate of a police state. Not terribly surprising.

Of course, if the good Captain were to engage in the same sort of ridiculous reductio ad absurdam, I guess he'd be concluding that you believe in the right of political protestors to violate the property, speech, and free movement rights of others, and that you're an advocate of lawlessness.

With any luck, he won't go there.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Ah, so you don't believe in the right to political protest.

Nope... It;s perfectly acceptable up to the point that it infringes on my rights.

You just don't like reading that wee tiny little part, do you?

You are an advocate of a police state.

Nice try Matlock; but your fuzzy logic isn't applicable here

Not terribly surprising.

Nor is your sensationalist logic and mind set.

With any luck, he won't go there.

I generally leave the twisted and absurd assumptive references to the left wingers

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is it exploited or is it provided?

When you hippys give up indoor weed, I'll believe the sincerity.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
For clarification purposes I will assist in defining a Police State.

1 - Demonstration in a Police State.

2 - Routine demonstration in a Democracy.

3 - Violent demonstration in a Democracy.

Please type your answer or number below the photo when replying

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

The right to political protest ends when it infringes upon anyone elses right to go about their ligitimate business. Also the track record of protestors to police their group is rather dismal, especially in Vancouver where more than one protes has turned into a spree of distruction.