I'll be paying big attention to this verdict when it comes down.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Man cuts dog's throat, tells police he wants to eat people's brains

BRANTFORD, Ont. — A 31-year-old man who slashed the throat of a chihuahua and told police he thinks about killing people and eating their brains will be sentenced next month.
Randy Pawis pleaded guilty on Wednesday to causing injury to an animal and uttering threats. He was remanded in custody until April 30.
Police were called to an apartment on March 15. Pawis answered the door with blood-smeared hands.
Blood was found on the floor and walls of a bedroom. In the bathroom, officers found two small dogs cowering in the bathtub. One, a three-pound chihuahua, was seriously injured with a cut to its throat.
Officers asked Pawis if he was responsible and he replied, “Yup, I did.”
Pawis had been drinking and became enraged because the small dog had urinated and defecated in the apartment, court heard.

He became angry as officers spoke to him, started foaming at the mouth and threatened to kill police, court heard.
At the police station, Pawis said he had been left alone with the dogs for eight days. His girlfriend and her children were visiting a relative in Hamilton, Ont. Pawis said he “lost it” and was unable to control his anger at the animal.
He then told police that he constantly thinks about hurting and killing people, and had experienced such thoughts since he was a teenager. He also threatened to eat people's eyeballs and brains, court heard.
The chihuahua survived. The veterinary bill totalled $1,473 and the dog was surrendered to the SPCA because Pawis's girlfriend couldn't pay the bill, court heard. The other dog remains in the residence.

Man cuts dog's throat, tells police he wants to eat people's brains - Crime - Canoe.ca

So he was living with his girlfriend and her children, then when left alone for eight days suddenly became a start raving lunatic???? I'd say this woman and her children were very lucky. But at the end of the day, he harmed an animal. So which way to you think the courts will go with this one. A self-professed danger to society.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sounds like he needs a heavy psych evaluation. I can't really say I'd want to see him punished one way or the next without knowing if he's putting on the raving lunatic act to try to get the courts to go light on him.

And in my eyes, 'he hurt an animal' is not an excuse to go any easier or harder on him than any other crime. It saddens me that too often, if he'd hurt a kid, it wouldn't even be national news, but animals we get extra sensitive over.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My take on mentally ill criminals is that, if they are truly in a psychotic break when the crime occurs, they really shouldn't go to jail. Treatment is what is warranted. Having said that though, when this break occurs and it's especially horrific, that can be enough of an indicator high likelihood for future problems of the kind. They need to be monitored, in some way shape or form, possibly indefinitely. Right now, no part of the criminal or mental health system can deal with that, but I strongly feel we need to look into that as an option.

And while this particular piece is about cruelty and harm to an animal, given the nature of the harm, that he was awash in blood, and his open confession/admittance to police of his darker thoughts, points to something very dangerous.

It'sll be similar to the chick from BC.

Does she want to eat people's brains and eyes too?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The other dog remains in the residence.

Really?

She likely has mental problems too. What normal balanced person lives with a stark raving lunatic.