World’s Worst Hockey Fight is Also the Most Hilarious

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Lame weak sauce fight, lol. Look more like "Ice Dancing", I was expecting one to break out into a quad at any moment. ;)

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
That's worthy of one of those Baseball bench clearing brawls... where everyone rushes out, tussle around for a while... put their noses in the air and prance back to their dugouts.. completely unmarked.. not a punch thrown..their multi-million dollar salaries never in jeopardy. :)

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
hmm They both discovered the other had really bad breath or something? Reminded me of Eli Wallach's comment in tG,tB,atU: "If you gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk".

lol I got a kick out of the dumb celebrity tweets thing on the edge of that webpage. Paris Hilton Tweeting "No, no. I didn't go to England. I went to London". Makes me wonder what she would have said if it had been France. Or, "No,no. I didn't go to Canada, I went to Ottawa." Frackin hilarious. http://www.shawconnect.ca/breaktime...l_checking-software-ans-could-use-it-yourself.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Delay of game penalty?

That's worthy of one of those Baseball bench clearing brawls... where everyone rushes out, tussle around for a while... put their noses in the air and prance back to their dugouts.. completely unmarked.. not a punch thrown..their multi-million dollar salaries never in jeopardy. :)

This cracked me up. So true for the most part. The pitcher often has a silly reaction like throwing the glove or putting his foot up... even running away.

The best pitcher to stand his ground in my memory was Nolan Ryan in his final year. Ryan was in his late 40's when he laid a beat down on Ventura.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Call me old school, but I think fighting has a place in the game, particularly when its about a guy defending his star players; its why I am not a fan of the instigator rule in many cases. Its not a popular opinion in today's sporting world but you just didn't see the same liberties taken with Gretzky, Bossy, Lafleur etc, that we see today. I'll go one further and say that if their had been more effective policing, either by the players or the officials, incidents like McSorley on Brashear (who deserved what he got for being a punk) or the Bertuzzi on Moore (among many others) wouldn't have happened. I don't like the staged fights (I never looked forward to the Semenko vs Otto or Domi vs Probert fights, that seemed almost obligatory and largely meaningless) but I don't know how to get rid of it in a way hat still offers protection to those star players because officiating hasn't done it.

And yeah, that was cheap by Ruutu on that clip...