Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence in hospital after ending hunger protest

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
why? By all accounts on here, she was never fasting or hunger striking. She cheated all the time, and more than likely gained weight.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Going from any type of call it a fast, liquids only or whatever - to move to solid foods takes time.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not a surprise, but as per the article, she's in the hospital overnight simply for observation.

I'll wager that she'll have to take her time getting back on solid food
Right on....The rest of the comments by medical experts, were general ones about someone on a liquid diet (Armchair comments like you or I could make,...but expert ones) not examining physicians

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
why? By all accounts on here, she was never fasting or hunger striking. She cheated all the time, and more than likely gained weight.

At best she was fasting. The fishbroth cocktail that she consumed provided the basic necessities in terms of vitamins, minerals, etc. The notion that her 'hospitalization' was overnight observation tells that she is not in any real danger from this event.

Now, you wanna talk hunger-strike, I believe that all they consumed was water: here's the benchmark

Bobby Sands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or:

Venezuelan anti-Chavez hunger striker dies

This is what a hunger-striker really looks like

Before

After

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
interesting. I guess the Venezuelan must have been cheating since Sands died after just 2 months and the farmer died after 5 months.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Funny how this charade was spun into a 'protest' and a 'fast' after the 'strike' thing became a joke (well, except for those like the CBC).

Why does anyone still care about this rounder?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Funny how this charade was spun into a 'protest' and a 'fast' after the 'strike' thing became a joke (well, except for those like the CBC).

Why does anyone still care about this rounder?

Cause she is still vacuuming up a horrendous amount of tax dollars with nothing to show for it. Not even a reduced waistline.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
She caused more harm than good. Who ever advised her, and the decisions she made based upon that- hers was the final decision- when she could have walked away without a reputation in tatters was well past.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
I sure hope her OHIP premiums are paid up!

Of course @ $70,000/year she's in good shape even if they aren't-do natives even pay premiums or do we?

I suppose the gubmint teat could be said to be her full time employer.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't pay premiums...... as a matter of fact, no one in Alberta pays premiums.

I also make a hell of a lot more than 70k per year with out the responsibility of hundreds of other people.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Like Chief ExSpence-ive has any responsibility for her "people". Give me a break. Chief ExSpence-ive us protestubg against her weakening political influence. Chiefs are ineffective and the rank and file are unhappy with poverty, low incomes, low education and high crime rates. Chiefs dont care, they have their high salaries.

Nation to nation negotiations are bogus, these are villages and villagers who cannot run medical, police and education social services. Let's stop kidding that they can. Equality for all is the only solution and end the bogus treaties that dont mention BC, petroleum and and thousand other things.