To shoot or not to shoot

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Fark

Meet Daniel Quinnell, the luckiest arshole in 'Merika

Cameron Mohammed stood there in the Walmart parking lot, blood spouting from his head and his neck, his hand on his gun, while he watched the man who had just shot him dash into the night.The opportunities for self defense or vengeance were plenty. He could have pulled out the .45-caliber Taurus pistol right then and put a bullet in his assailant. He could have done so when Daniel Quinnell craned his gun at point-blank range and squeezed the trigger for the first of 20 times. Or even before the attack, when deputies say Quinnell approached Mohammed and his girlfriend from behind, yelling racial epithets. Any of those instances would have been defensible in court.
But Mohammed, 24, kept his gun in the holster. Because his attacker used a pellet gun. Mohammed's was real.

more

Victim in Pasco hate crime had gun, decided not to use it - Tampa Bay Times

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The commentary was interesting. Everybody second guessing the choice made, it's kind of funny in a way. And I guess it does demonstrate that not everyone with a permit and carrying a weapon is a killer. I think he demonstrated very calm, cool and collected thinking under the circumstances.

Oh and Quinnell is bottom feeding pond scum who shouldn't be loose on the streets.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The commentary was interesting. Everybody second guessing the choice made, it's kind of funny in a way. And I guess it does demonstrate that not everyone with a permit and carrying a weapon is a killer. I think he demonstrated very calm, cool and collected thinking under the circumstances.

Oh and Quinnell is bottom feeding pond scum who shouldn't be loose on the streets.

Well, Mohammed is definitely a hero and a prime example of how carrying a gun isn't always detrimental but in a lot of cases necessary. Quinnell as you say is a "bottom feeding pond scum", at least for the time being. Perhaps since he's been given a second chance at life, he'll take it, it would certainly make this a win/win situation. Far too many troubled youths these days for whatever reason, it's sad.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O
Quinnell, who declined an interview request by the Times, has been arrested 10 times in Florida since 2006, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Many of the arrests involved battery charges and violent threats.
As a felon, Quinnell was banned from carrying firearms. That's why, he told deputies Thursday night, he carried the pellet gun instead. He told them he burned the gun after the shooting.

Yep, he's an Eagle Scout for sure. Prick. Hope he does some serious time. this time.

Mohammed gets big kudos for not shooting, but, the "perp" is still walking around and will be out again.

Glad it was just a pellet gun..........but they can blind, and hurt like hell.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
8O
Quinnell, who declined an interview request by the Times, has been arrested 10 times in Florida since 2006, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Many of the arrests involved battery charges and violent threats.
As a felon, Quinnell was banned from carrying firearms. That's why, he told deputies Thursday night, he carried the pellet gun instead. He told them he burned the gun after the shooting.

Too bad he's never done something really dangerous like smoke a joint. Then maybe they'd get him off the streets and put him away for life.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, Mohammed is definitely a hero and a prime example of how carrying a gun isn't always detrimental but in a lot of cases necessary. Quinnell as you say is a "bottom feeding pond scum", at least for the time being. Perhaps since he's been given a second chance at life, he'll take it, it would certainly make this a win/win situation. Far too many troubled youths these days for whatever reason, it's sad.

Never said anyone couldn't rise up from the bottom of the cesspool, anything's possible. But as long as he continues to dwell on the "you look Islamic therefore I'll shoot you" bottom, he remains bottom feeding pond scum.

:)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
via Fark

Meet Daniel Quinnell, the luckiest arshole in 'Merika

Cameron Mohammed stood there in the Walmart parking lot, blood spouting from his head and his neck, his hand on his gun, while he watched the man who had just shot him dash into the night.The opportunities for self defense or vengeance were plenty. He could have pulled out the .45-caliber Taurus pistol right then and put a bullet in his assailant. He could have done so when Daniel Quinnell craned his gun at point-blank range and squeezed the trigger for the first of 20 times. Or even before the attack, when deputies say Quinnell approached Mohammed and his girlfriend from behind, yelling racial epithets. Any of those instances would have been defensible in court.
But Mohammed, 24, kept his gun in the holster. Because his attacker used a pellet gun. Mohammed's was real.

more

Victim in Pasco hate crime had gun, decided not to use it - Tampa Bay Times

Good man!!

But one thing....I do not think he could have justified shooting the perpetrator as he was running away.

But he sure could have shot him when he was popping him with the pellet gun!!!

Although I probably would have drawn the weapon into low ready and said "I will kill you".

This guy deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

Well, more than Obama did, anyway. lol

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
But he sure could have shot him when he was popping him with the pellet gun!!!

Although I probably would have drawn the weapon into low ready and said "I will kill you".

i don't know... I think even while being shot in the face with a pellet gun (or perhaps especially while being shot in the face with a pellet gun?) I wouldn't trust to hit him and only him, and not someone in a car in the parking lot.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
i don't know... I think even while being shot in the face with a pellet gun (or perhaps especially while being shot in the face with a pellet gun?) I wouldn't trust to hit him and only him, and not someone in a car in the parking lot.
He has amazing self control. Evaluated the situation and refused to fire.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
He has amazing self control. Evaluated the situation and refused to fire.

that's what's scary to me.... he strikes me as an exception. If a society is allowing carry permits, shouldn't it be demanding this kind of self control, this level of awareness? Instead, the comments seem to be largely geared toward disappointment that no one got blown away, that he'd be justified in killing a man. Why is he being framed as the exception, rather than the expectation?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The thing is, how many times does an attacker get turned back, without the cc permit holder even firing a shot???
First of all, even if the police get a report, it wouldn't make the newspaper because nobody got hurt, and second, it wouldn't get reported simply because the permit holder doesn't want the hassle.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The thing is, how many times does an attacker get turned back, without the cc permit holder even firing a shot???
First of all, even if the police get a report, it wouldn't make the newspaper because nobody got hurt, and second, it wouldn't get reported simply because the permit holder doesn't want the hassle.

Yikes, cc holders not reporting when they've drawn their guns on people? Seriously? I would have thought much like police you'd be required to report, and failure to do so could leave the holder open to legal risks.

According to Wiki's concealed carry article, under legal risks, you can be brought up on felony assault charges for pointing your weapon. Which makes me think that if a permit holder ever needs to, they'd darn well better report it and justify their need to do so before a 'victim' presses charges.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yikes, cc holders not reporting when they've drawn their guns on people? Seriously? I would have thought much like police you'd be required to report, and failure to do so could leave the holder open to legal risks.
Maybe a lot of CC holders are smarter than me but I learn quick....

Without going into a lot of details (since I don't type to fast), the first time I had to dispatch an animal (a rabid fox) while prospecting.
After I had dutifully buried it, along with the gloves I had used to drag it into the hole....After I had dropped off my equipment at home, and picked up some papers with the rules of prospecting, I went to th Ministry of natural resources to make a report.
After showing the officer on a map where the animal was buried, I started my report, which the officer was writing down...when I got to the part where I shoot the fox with a .357 he stopped and wanted to charge me, first with having a handgun and then for shooting an animal out of season...
It's a good thing I came prepared, I gave him a photocopy of my carry license, a copy of the prospecting regulations where it states that under penalty of loosing my licence, I have to dispatch and dispose of a rabid animal in the way I had done....I then walked out, telling him that if he wanted any more details, he had my address.
On my way out as I closed the door, I saw him crumple the report into a ball and drop it in the garbage.
After that I never reported any occurence, since none ever caused injury...to a human.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Quinell's lucky. I know a few folks who would have chased the fool and force-fed him the pellet gun.
Ya jest kant truss em there mil easterns to do the rite thang, huh? (Mohammed is from Trinidad, not the ME) lol

Anyway, you people sure are a bloodthirsty bunch. Always yapping about guns n stuff.