Greenwich Village couple busted with cache of weapons, bombmaking explosives

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via sda

The privileged daughter of a prominent city doctor, and her boyfriend -- a Harvard grad and Occupy Wall Street activist -- have been busted for allegedly having a cache of weapons and a bombmaking explosive in their Greenwich Village apartment.

Morgan Gliedman — who is nine-months pregnant — and her baby daddy, Aaron Greene, 31, also had instructions on making bombs, including a stack of papers with a cover sheet titled, “The Terrorist Encyclopedia,’’ sources told The Post yesterday.
People who know Greene say his political views are “extreme,” the sources said.

Cops found the stash in the couple’s West Ninth Street home Saturday when they went there to look for Gliedman, 27, who was wanted for alleged credit-card theft.

A detective discovered a plastic container with seven grams of a white chemical powder called HMTD, which is so powerful, cops evacuated several nearby buildings.

more

Woman of privilege and beau charged with having bomb material in Greenwich Village apartment - NYPOST.com

1%, 99%...it all gets so confusing sometimes.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Funny.. i was watching a documentary on the jazz, beat and folk music movements of the late 50s and early 60s... of which Greenwich Village was central hub. Musicians, artists, writers flocked there because of the cheap rents and vibrant cafe and bar scene. It's been gentrified since.. only Wall Street traders (or revolutionary trust fund kids) can afford it and everyone is armed to the teeth and scared to death. Progress i guess :roll: :).

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
100% crazy.
Yep. Extremists and fundies can be that way, alright.

Funny.. i was watching a documentary on the jazz, beat and folk music movements of the late 50s and early 60s... of which Greenwich Village was central hub. Musicians, artists, writers flocked there because of the cheap rents and vibrant cafe and bar scene. It's been gentrified since then.. only Wall Street traders (or revolutionary trust fund kids) can afford it and everyone is armed to the teeth and scared to death. Progress i guess :roll: :).
Progress? Yeah, extremists and fundies have only popped up recently.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yup we finally have some miscreants on the left just like those murdering right
wingers who kill abortion Doctors and those funny fundamentalist right wing
militia groups hiding in the woods preparing for doomsday.
I am sick of all of them left or right who insist on violence as the firs alternative
to reason, even the last alternative to reason is usually not an excuse for violence.
I say that because we don't know there might be a circumstance where it is
required don't know of any at the moment.
Oh and happy New Year Walter, we don't agree on much but I did miss your input.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Morgan Gliedman — who is nine-months pregnant — and her baby daddy, Aaron Greene, 31, also had instructions on making bombs, including a stack of papers with a cover sheet titled, “The Terrorist Encyclopedia,’’

I got a kick out of the expression 'baby daddy' which until now i'd only heard in the environs of the poorest ghettos in America... where the role of responsible fatherhood has collapsed along with the nuclear family.. replaced with a term indicating a sperm donor in a transient relationship.. broking no meaningful relationship with the mother or the child.. and here in the one of the tonies addresses in Manhattan. Not surprisingly gangs and guns appear along with it. :roll:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I got a kick out of the expression 'baby daddy' which until now i'd only heard in the environs of the poorest ghettos in America... where the role of responsible fatherhood has collapsed along with the nuclear family.. replaced with a term indicating a sperm donor in a transient relationship.. broking no meaningful relationship with the mother or the child.. and here in the one of the tonies addresses in Manhattan. Not surprisingly gangs and guns appear along with it. :roll:
The nuclear famly is dysfunctional and un-natural.