Michigan union protesters' attack on "hot dog guy's" cart backfires

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Fark

, to the tune of $33,000. I love the smell of victory hotdogs in the morning

The “hot dog guy” is getting new digs.

Clinton Tarver, the owner of Clint’s Hot Dog Cart and Casual Catering, saw his small business thrust into the national spotlight on Tuesday when his supplies were destroyed at a pro-union protest against right-to-work legislation in Lansing, Mich. “Violent”
demonstrators tore down a tent where Tarver was serving his dogs, he said, prompting a staff member for a local lawmaker to create an online fundraiser for the 63-year-old downtown fixture. As of Friday, more than $33,000 had been donated.

“I’m overwhelmed,” Tarver said Friday. “The public has shown such love to me. You never know your true friends until you get down and I’ve had people I thought were pretty close to me and they’ve given me one call. You learn from your endeavors.”

more

Michigan's 'hot dog guy' getting new digs after protesters destroyed his supplies | Fox News

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I guess when some are caught up in their own righteous indignation it doesn't matter who they hurt. Glad to see he's coming out of it the better.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Union goons hate free enterprise. He should have hired staff at union rates to serve those hot dogs instead of doing the work himself.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I had a guy leave my employ for a 'better' job in a union shop. He didn't calculate the $65 a month for dues and the fact that all the BS made the job suck.
A year later he was asking for his job back but I didn't have a place for him. Another year later he was laid off.
We still keep in touch and he's gone back to school to be a cop.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Nowhere in the story does he say it was Union Protestors.

It says; “Violent” demonstrators tore down a tent where Tarver was serving his dogs,

Wonder if these demonstrators were associates of Mr Crowder........

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Nowhere in the story does he say it was Union Protestors.

It says; “Violent” demonstrators tore down a tent where Tarver was serving his dogs,

Wonder if these demonstrators were associates of Mr Crowder.......

Clinton Tarver, the owner of Clint’s Hot Dog Cart and Casual Catering, saw his small business thrust into the national spotlight on Tuesday when his supplies were destroyed at a pro-union protest against right-to-work legislation in Lansing, Mich.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Clinton Tarver, the owner of Clint’s Hot Dog Cart and Casual Catering, saw his small business thrust into the national spotlight on Tuesday when his supplies were destroyed at a pro-union protest against right-to-work legislation in Lansing, Mich.

Yep. Says that.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Don't bother explaining to him.......he's not a very bright ideologue...:lol:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol Well, it only says it was a pro-union protest and doesn't say that the protesters were union, but the odds are .......... lol

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Does the article say whether those who donated were Union or Non-Union types?

I wonder what the stats would say on that if they were known?