Children Behind the Wire - In Canada

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd it probably is a turd... or a prison, in this case. How can that bozo say it is not a prison? It is surrounded by razor wire. Ah, we are so civilized!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Detention is usually based on one of two grounds: either the CBSA is not satisfied with a person's proof of identity, or an officer believes the family is at risk of absconding....
..and heading West to become landscapers in Weyburn?

If there is an Ahmed bin Shatzkowski is driving your cab or skid steering your snow please contact CBSA immediately.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
They are illegals ..........

What would you have the government do....

Give them each a credit card and an IPhone?????

Maybe the immediate solution is to return them to their nation of origin and insist that they go through the proper channels to enter the country?

.. But I'm guessing that the liberal mantra to that will be something along the lines that it's Canada's duty to be the Welfare cheque and healthcare facility to the world... All one needs to do is walk into the country and demand their rights

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Maybe the immediate solution is to return them to their nation of origin and insist that they go through the proper channels to enter the country?

.. But I'm guessing that the liberal mantra to that will be something along the lines that it's Canada's duty to be the Welfare cheque and healthcare facility to the world... All one needs to do is walk into the country and demand their rights
Hmmm... sounds like our immigrant forefathers.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Canada must uphold its treaty obligations regarding refugees. I am against sending people back to their country of origin if there is a risk of torture or execution... or even severe injustice or oppression.

Yes they could make these prisons for a little less institutional and more pleasant.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Hmmm... sounds like our immigrant forefathers.

Yeah... I remember hearing the stories about getting the gvt money to go farm on the prairies - a weekly cheque until things really got going.... Families were all extremely happy - you know, a doctor's office on every corner and no one was ever cold in the winter (subsidized housing you understand) or went hungry.

It was utopia for sure

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canada must uphold its treaty obligations regarding refugees. I am against sending people back to their country of origin if there is a risk of torture or execution... or even severe injustice or oppression.

Yes they could make these prisons for a little less institutional and more pleasant.

Dream on!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
From the artcle in the OP.
Quote:
"Dr. Richard Stanwick, president of the Canadian Paediatric Society, told CBC’s Diana Swain that children in detention can suffer lasting effects.
"He says studies have shown that many of the immigrant children 'have sleep disturbances, others have separation anxiety …some have full-blown post-traumatic stress disorder.'
"The Canadian Paediatric Society is among those calling for the federal government to create separate facilities for families outside of detention centres. "

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They are illegals ..........

What would you have the government do....

Give them each a credit card and an IPhone?????

Yesterday I paid some genuine Canadian guy $5 to shovel my walk. He said he had done 12 places already. At least $60 and another $5 from me tax free. Would it really matter if he wasn't Canadian yet?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yesterday I paid some genuine Canadian guy $5 to shovel my walk. He said he had done 12 places already. At least $60 and another $5 from me tax free. Would it really matter if he wasn't Canadian yet?

I paid the kid from across the street (& his little brother) each $5, & one of them
used my shovel. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I paid the kid from across the street (& his little brother) each $5, & one of them
used my shovel. :lol:
Mine was a hood local in his 40's. He said he was going to go to Galaxy and have a night out. I laughed and commented. "A couple of grams and a trip through space?" He just laugh and said "you forgot the the Big Bear."