Drunk B.C. teen set ablaze, filmed after passing out at party

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
WTF is the matter with this generation we raised.

Matthew Sweet-Grant, Joshua McWhirter accused of setting teen on fire | Canada | News | National Post

A teenager has been severely burned in Kelowna, B.C., after his clothes were set aflame, and Mounties worry that a suspect may have staged similar attacks in the past.

RCMP Const. Kris Clark says the 18-year-old victim is being treated for second and third degree burns after falling asleep on the kitchen floor at house party in the Okanagan city on Dec. 8.

Clark says a man allegedly poured a liquid on the back of the inebriated victim and then lit a match, while another suspect recorded the resulting blaze.

Both men have been arrested.

Two Kelowna men, 20-year-old Matthew Sweet-Grant and 18-year-old Joshua McWhirter, remain in custody, charged with aggravated assault.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Years ago in the twenties and thirties young men used to eat live gold fish to impress the girls
Times are different. Either these losers can't impress anyone or others must find gore in their
entertainment.
I cannot believe that these guys at their age could be that stupid. On top of everything else it
is time to add a charge of stupidity. Any wonder why these guys are in jail

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It might also be fair to ask" WTF is wrong with their parents?"

In a few cases there may not be much wrong with the parents, unfortunately (after raising three boys) we found out that peer pressure is a stronger influence than the parents have. Some grow out of it, some don't.

WTF is the matter with this generation we raised.

Matthew Sweet-Grant, Joshua McWhirter accused of setting teen on fire | Canada | News | National Post

A teenager has been severely burned in Kelowna, B.C., after his clothes were set aflame, and Mounties worry that a suspect may have staged similar attacks in the past.

RCMP Const. Kris Clark says the 18-year-old victim is being treated for second and third degree burns after falling asleep on the kitchen floor at house party in the Okanagan city on Dec. 8.

Clark says a man allegedly poured a liquid on the back of the inebriated victim and then lit a match, while another suspect recorded the resulting blaze.

Both men have been arrested.

Two Kelowna men, 20-year-old Matthew Sweet-Grant and 18-year-old Joshua McWhirter, remain in custody, charged with aggravated assault.

The increase in violent and illegal activity is directly proportional to the decline in the number of wood sheds in the past 50 years!-:)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yes and No. It can also be laid at the feet of society in some form- not always - but sometimes- Does that make sense?

While i understand what youre trying to say, no. Every society has had twistes individuals, from all manner of parents. Some people are just wired wrong.

Now, dont get me wrong,....maybe mom and dad fed them their pet bunnies before a round of beatings....maybe society failed them somehow...but its all guess work and no guarantee that everything wasnt done right.

The increase in violent and illegal activity is directly proportional to the decline in the number of wood sheds in the past 50 years!-:)

Yes, more beating makes sadists better people.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
While i understand what youre trying to say, no. Every society has had twistes individuals, from all manner of parents. Some people are just wired wrong.

Now, dont get me wrong,....maybe mom and dad fed them their pet bunnies before a round of beatings....maybe society failed them somehow...but its all guess work and no guarantee that everything wasnt done right.

Each one is different.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I blame my parents and society for me being a social reject.

We used to do stupid crap when we were that age and drunk but we never intentionally harmed anybody. Stuff... ya! But not living things... 'ceptin' maybe frogs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

We used to do stupid crap when we were that age and drunk but we never intentionally harmed anybody. Stuff... ya! But not living things... 'ceptin' maybe frogs.

Which Quebec has a lot of!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

My dad once had to rescue a guy who'd been tied to a chair and stuck in a creek in march.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Give me a break. I look at the lack of this sh*t from my generation and the generations prior where we got a trip behind the shed for our misdeeds and compare it to how the current crop turned out with all the 'counseling' and 'time-outs' have no doubt my parents and grandparents got it right and the parents of today have it wrong.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Give me a break. I look at the lack of this sh*t from my generation and the generations prior where we got a trip behind the shed for our misdeeds and compare it to how the current crop turned out with all the 'counseling' and 'time-outs' have no doubt my parents and grandparents got it right and the parents of today have it wrong.

Yes, and you watched the internet for these stories hey?

Let me clarify.... my kids got spankings. There are societal issues that i think the wood shed fixes. Sadism isnt one of them

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I guess you'd still be a little too young to understand, but other stuff besides beatings when on in the wood shed, like splitting and stacking firewood and bringing it to the house daily to feed the cook stove.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Yes, and you watched the internet for these stories hey?

Another lame excuse. I read the papers and listened to the radio and watched the news. Everyone who thinks a good spanking is wrong tries to say that this all went on as much in the past, well drag up all the court records to prove it. Bet you can't!

Fact is getting my a$$ tanned a couple of times made me think harder before I did anything stupid again and made me a better person in the end.......except for when I microwave kittens :p