They Took All The Rights, Put 'Em In A Rights Museum

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
And they charged the people a dollar and a half just, to see 'em. with apologies to Joni Michell

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all gag orders or confidenciality agreements are often signed by those leaving Boards
of Directors, Advisory Boards and in some cases employees nothing new there at all.
I was on the PICO Board of Directors that is the Okanaagan Plant Improvement Corporation.
This entity is rich with intellectual property rights and contracts world wide of course they wanted
a non disclosure and I respect that. I served five years on that board and signed a two year non
disclosure upon leaving. That is not muzzling human rights at all.

Secondly the problem is not with employees its with the structure itself it appears. The private sector,
the Federal Government, and the Provincial Government. Are they not the people we write to in order
to find classified information. We get a letter with 3 ands, 2 buts, 6 maybes, and 50 I don't knows.
We are asking them to allow human rights information and the outcomes of struggles that were in
many cases at their expense, as they were the parties that infringed on those rights.
This is a red flag situation of course they are going to control the content.
Remember these people always want control. It appears to be a white elephant all right and a huge
waste of money. Maybe they should turn it into a large Bar and make some money selling brew from
local brewers and distillers.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
There is an easy defense to breaching this type of gag order, it is called the truth. Same as defending libel or slander allegation. This is not an confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement about client lists or sales agreements or vendor information.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There is an easy defense to breaching this type of gag order, it is called the truth.
Not it isn't.

Same as defending libel or slander allegation.
No it's not.

Geezus!!

Not that it matters anyways...

However, museum CEO Stuart Murray said the gag order is a standard provision, and the museum wouldn't sue anyone who breaches their contract.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Not it isn't.

No it's not.

Geezus!!

Not that it matters anyways...

However, museum CEO Stuart Murray said the gag order is a standard provision, and the museum wouldn't sue anyone who breaches their contract.

You sure like to make out like you're some kind of legal expert. Where is your degree from? Not that I think you have one but I thought I would ask. It is funny to watch you act like you are the supreme authority on the law when you probably have only spent time in court as the defendant.

Thanks for a good morning laugh, your skills as an internet lawyer are worth every penny we pay for them. :p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The federal gov fines employees who bitch about work on facebook. How's this any different?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You sure like to make out like you're some kind of legal expert.
I'm not, but it's obvious I sure know more than you, lol.

Where is your degree from?
U of L.

It is funny to watch you act like you are the supreme authority on the law when you probably have only spent time in court as the defendant.
Not that that is true, but even if it was, it's an excellent venue in which to learn how the law works.

Thanks for a good morning laugh, your skills as an internet lawyer are worth every penny we pay for them. :p
Says the guy that has made more erroneous legal claims than correct ones, lol.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The federal gov fines employees who bitch about work on facebook. How's this any different?
I would have that one in court too. My private life is no business of my employer. I would actually call that particular policy a violation of constitutional rights.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
And every day thousands of people are forced to whiz in a cup becuase they might have smoked a doobie while on holidays.

That is an issue of workplace safety. I don't want no crack-heads on the lease while I'm working there just like I don't want anyone drunk or on percocet. I don't happen to think it is right to can someone over a joint while off duty but I would rather not have someone stoned around when the work is dangerous enough already.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I would have that one in court too. My private life is no business of my employer. I would actually call that particular policy a violation of constitutional rights.

I kinda hafta disagree wich ya there, brer bear. Facebook ain't private.

If you work for the guv'mint and maybe have taken a secrecy oath, putting the dirty sheets on FB might be a no no.

just sayin.

retired

don't care.

Heard shotgun shots just a while ago. Drove over to the closest water, and there were guys out duck huntin. Biting east wind, raw day, ducks coming in like gangbusters. Temp is -2, and they were out in a boat. Hope they got some ducks. They woulda earned them all.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
How about "They pave paradise and put up a parking lot"...

Woops, ears were always bad. Sorry guys and gals.:coffee:

Sure glad I didn't sing that in public. Hanging would be too good for me, eh;-)

Not the fact that the words were wrong, just my voice sucks............:pukeright: