Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
:lol:

Police are investigating an incident at a Berks County hunting club in which someone on the hunting grounds allegedly targeted a mechanical flying object rather than a living and breathing one.

SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness (SHARK) are in the midst of a campaign against the Wing Pointe commercial hunting grounds in Hamburg, Berks County and its live pigeon shoots in which the birds are shot down. SHARK began to use an “Octocopter,” a remote controlled flying machine with a high tech video camera, to secretly record the pigeon shoots as they happen.

"The pigeon s h o o t e r s are basically going into hiding," said Steve Hindi, president of SHARK. "So they're using a ring that's up a hill and completely surrounded by trees. So the only way you can get to it is through the air."

The drone, nicknamed “Angel,” was recording a live pigeon shoot on Sunday around 3 p.m. when investigators say it was suddenly struck by gunfire.

more

Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot | NBC 10 Philadelphia

(Also, CC censors the plural of the word shooter. Wtf man?)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Private property... Take it down.

The only way to get to the location is by air?

Is that how the guys with the guns got there?

There were no paths or roads?

Is the forest so dense that you hippies can't walk through it?

If they think they're doing something illegal, report it to the authorities and let them head out there to inspect the area.

Wtf did they think was going to happen?

They send in a flying machine into an area where people with guns are shooting flying things... And then their flying machine got shot.

Didn't see that coming.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
They are continually harassing people doing perfectly legal things on private property from what I've gleaned of the situation. Shooting pigeons is definitely not illegal anywhere I've ever lived (outside of city limits). And generally speaking, any firing range will be private, out of the way, and treed in as they complain because, well, otherwise they're shooting people. If someone were flying camera drones over my private property, I'd be shooting the damn things down too.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
According to the greenies private property rights only extend to them not to the owners. They have been known to protest logging on private tree farm land here because the legal system is too PC to toss the bastards in jail or deport the foreign ones.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
According to the greenies private property rights only extend to them not to the owners. They have been known to protest logging on private tree farm land here because the legal system is too PC to toss the bastards in jail or deport the foreign ones.
If you were a Staff Sgt would you want your cells stinking of B.O.?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
From what I've seen, and I think this is the same group, they camp out on the approach to the property of this gun club, and pick fights DAILY. Or at least they used to. Switching to a camera drone kind of implies maybe the courts finally put a restraining order in place.