Man picks up wrong child and nearly gets arrested

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Case of mistaken identity nearly ends in arrest as man drives away with wrong girl

A man narrowly avoided an abduction arrest after he picked up the wrong little girl at school and drove away with her.

Art Deaner was supposed to pick up six-year-old Courtney Fetters yesterday at her Gloucester City, New Jersey school as a favor to her mother.

Instead, he drove away with nine-year-old Courtney Durr -- and almost wound up in jail.

Durr vaguely resembled the little girl he was supposed to bring home, Deaner said, and since she answered to the name Courtney, he assumed it was her.

more

Case of mistaken identity nearly lands man in jail after he picks up wrong little girl at school and drives away with her | Mail Online

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I get drunks coming to the door asking if their friend lives here quite a bit but DUUUH!

Do you have fun with them? Say things like "Not anymore! I booted his/her butt to the curb after I found out they were:

a) Selling top secret intelligence information on the black market or
b) Using lambs blood instead of goats bloods during dark rituals or
c) A Celine Dion fan

You get the idea. ;)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Case of mistaken identity nearly ends in arrest as man drives away with wrong girl

A man narrowly avoided an abduction arrest after he picked up the wrong little girl at school and drove away with her.

Art Deaner was supposed to pick up six-year-old Courtney Fetters yesterday at her Gloucester City, New Jersey school as a favor to her mother.

Instead, he drove away with nine-year-old Courtney Durr -- and almost wound up in jail.

Durr vaguely resembled the little girl he was supposed to bring home, Deaner said, and since she answered to the name Courtney, he assumed it was her.

more

Case of mistaken identity nearly lands man in jail after he picks up wrong little girl at school and drives away with her | Mail Online
I was angle parked on Circle St. at home, looking at a truck exactly like mine on my left, when a strange woman climbed in my truck saying "I'm done".....
I turned around and asked her"Did you find everything you were looking for? and by the way, your ride is over there"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I was angle parked on Circle St. at home, looking at a truck exactly like mine on my left, when a strange woman climbed in my truck saying "I'm done".....
I turned around and asked her"Did you find everything you were looking for? and by the way, your ride is over there"

LOL. I almost did that once. :)

I was out for a walk with my daughter and along the way we'd done some shopping. Not wanting to carry our packages home, I called a cab. The cab company I use has zone pricing instead of a meter (I like them because the cars are cleaner and you know they won't try to run up the meter) and their meant for business passengers mostly so they use executive town cars with no rooftop or door signage, just a discreet stencil with the name on the back window, which I usually watch out for.

So I'm watching both entrances of the parking lot of the plaza where we're at, I see a large dark sedan pull in so I wave to him and he parks right in front of me. So I'm trying to open the back door and it's locked, so I'm pulling and tugging on the handle a few times before it dawns on me this is not my cab. LOL. Thankfully the gentleman driving the car was more amused than annoyed, especially after I profusely apologized to him with a very red face.

I'm usually way more alert and observant than that!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you have fun with them? Say things like "Not anymore! I booted his/her butt to the curb after I found out they were:

a) Selling top secret intelligence information on the black market or
b) Using lambs blood instead of goats bloods during dark rituals or
c) A Celine Dion fan

You get the idea. ;)

Or I gave him and my wife both the boot!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's a rare opportunity we have, I think, to righteously mess with someone in a really frivolous manner, lol. And like they say, when opportunity knocks, you gotta answer. :):):)

lol... hubby came home from work the other day, and he'd been having a REALLY crap week. He'd been angry, not just grumpy, but angry, all week long, working with a really obstinant auditor who he just couldn't stand. They were on their last day of the Edmonton audit, and when hubby got home from work, he was all smiles and kind of sheepishly goofy (that's the best I can come up with to describe the odd mood). I asked what was going on, how his last day of audits had gone, and he replied... much better. I asked why things had gone better, and he kind of hung his head. "I don't know why, but I just started lying to the guy about everything I could. Not audit stuff, just bull**** stuff. If he asked a question, I'd lie, just 'cause I could. Made the whole day go by way better." lol. Whatever cheers us up.

(and yes, I'm aware I married a sociopath. lol.)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol... hubby came home from work the other day, and he'd been having a REALLY crap week. He'd been angry, not just grumpy, but angry, all week long, working with a really obstinant auditor who he just couldn't stand. They were on their last day of the Edmonton audit, and when hubby got home from work, he was all smiles and kind of sheepishly goofy (that's the best I can come up with to describe the odd mood). I asked what was going on, how his last day of audits had gone, and he replied... much better. I asked why things had gone better, and he kind of hung his head. "I don't know why, but I just started lying to the guy about everything I could. Not audit stuff, just bull**** stuff. If he asked a question, I'd lie, just 'cause I could. Made the whole day go by way better." lol. Whatever cheers us up.

(and yes, I'm aware I married a sociopath. lol.)

That's funny! But you know I've done that too on a few occasions where I've been going through personal troubles and happened to be on a bus or a train or a plane and just making conversation with the complete stranger next to me. You know those times when you're just living through a real downer, things are stressful and you so wish you could just be another person for just a few minutes? Well, I was and it did feel great!!!

I can't do that all the time though. I like to claim it was because of rock solid moral character but the honest truth is I usually suck at lying, lol.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Have you ever told one nosy co-worker one story when questioned about something and then a while later tell another nosy co-worker a completely different story when questioned about the same thing????

After a while, at work, gossipers left me alone:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Have you ever told one nosy co-worker one story when questioned about something and then a while later tell another nosy co-worker a completely different story when questioned about the same thing????

lol.... we had one friend who was super nosy, and when hubby and I first started dating, he was relatively unknown to my friends, and she was working at the RCMP for work experience. She happened to be filing stuff, and found a booking photo for hubby dear, but, because he was never charged with anything, that was all there was to the file.

The next time he showed up in town (he was working the rigs when we started dating, which added to the mystery), she pulled him aside to ask what the file was about. He stared her straight in the eyes, and said without blinking 'You keep your damn mouth shut. Don't you dare tell K about that.' And walked away. Twenty minutes later he was keeled over in my house laughing so hard he could barely get the story out. He'd been booked on 'stunting' charges due to a complaint from someone who didn't like him driving through the school parking lot while their kids were playing basketball. lol. Within half an hour of their little chat, she was over, and I had to explain it all because he couldn't catch his breath. Poor girl was so sure she was onto something really juicy. lol.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The thought has often crossed my mind. You can get so tired of nosy parkers.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I can remember my grandfather telling us about how he and a buddy he worked with, when they were on nights they would, while eating dinner, catch the soap opera that their wives were watching. Then in the break room they'd huddle together and talk about this one was having an affair and that one was sure to be arrested any day now! The nosy guys they worked with would listen in and, not realizing they were talking about a soap opera, would "spread the news". He said they'd watch it go all around the mill and when it got back to them of course they would explain it was all a soap opera.

There were a lot of red faces. :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I can remember my grandfather telling us about how he and a buddy he worked with, when they were on nights they would, while eating dinner, catch the soap opera that their wives were watching. Then in the break room they'd huddle together and talk about this one was having an affair and that one was sure to be arrested any day now! The nosy guys they worked with would listen in and, not realizing they were talking about a soap opera, would "spread the news". He said they'd watch it go all around the mill and when it got back to them of course they would explain it was all a soap opera.

There were a lot of red faces. :)
Rumours travel fast...The Paper mill in Smooth Rock Falls, 40 miles away was on strike but not the one in Kap. At coffee in the morning my friend and I started a rumour that the workers of the other mill were gonna come and set-up a picket line at our mill......by noon hour it was already the buzz in the cafeteria.....when I got home at five, I told my landlord how fast the rumour had travelled.
He said he had just got a phone call from his father-in-law in SmoothRock Falls that it was a damn good idea and they just might do it :lol: