Even the army has to be P.C. according to the CBC

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The Canadian military has launched a formal investigation after a racially charged video was leaked to CBC News.
The video features an unidentified member of Canadian Forces Base Greenwood in Nova Scotia. The man is in brown makeup and wearing a turban, pretending to be Osama bin Laden’s brother.
The video was produced for a formal dinner on the base in January 2010, a time when Afghanistan was still a combat mission for Canada and there were about 2,800 Canadian military personnel serving there.

More....... Military investigates video of racially charged skit - Nova Scotia - CBC News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcT2LFM3sIw

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
But the CBC thinks that this is OK

Double standard anyone??????

22 Minutes: Pope for Hire - YouTube

It's satire. They used to have a warning at the begining about different sense of humour.

For the OP, it amazes me they would have the poor judgement to do it in the first place but to record it. If you don't want to live with the consequences, don't do the action. When in a foreign land, one is expected not to incite the locals with obvious disrespect.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Is there not a difference between comedians making cracks about stereotypes, versus people in the position of authority doing it? I frankly find jokes about assault and crime less distasteful coming from a comedian than a police officer.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It's satire. They used to have a warning at the begining about different sense of humour.

For the OP, it amazes me they would have the poor judgement to do it in the first place but to record it. If you don't want to live with the consequences, don't do the action. When in a foreign land, one is expected not to incite the locals with obvious disrespect.
It was an Canadian Forces produced comedy show!!
This is why I'm proud to be politically incorrect

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It was an Canadian Forces produced comedy show!!
This is why I'm proud to be politically incorrect

Ok. I don't have access to YouTube at work and just assumed it was a soldier goofing off. My bad.

But somebody should have known better. Poor judgement and lack of common sense.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
To be honest these idiots were shall we say idiots- whether the CBC has a double standard is not relevant.
Rule of thumb -
Always shoot the guy recording such an event.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
To be honest these idiots were shall we say idiots- whether the CBC has a double standard is not relevant.
Why?

The Soldiers in question were mocking fundamentalists. Albeit tastelessly and poorly fact checked. Besides, fundamentalists aren't mainstream Muslims. At least that's what we've all been told.

If that's true, mainstream Muslims and the CBC shouldn't really have a problem with it.

Their production, for lack of a better term is no different than anything of similar bent found on 22 Minutes, or in the past, Air Farce. A name in and of itself that could be taken as insulting.

As for Majumder, he's a second rate comedian, for lack of a better term.

I'd like to get Russel Peters take on the skit in question.

Lest The CBC Forget - Ezra Levant

Ezra is DEAD ON in this piece......
Although I'm always put off by Ezra's theatrics, rhetoric and dramatizations, you're right, he id dead on.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why?

The Soldiers in question were mocking fundamentalists. Albeit tastelessly and poorly fact checked. Besides, fundamentalists aren't mainstream Muslims. At least that's what we've all been told.

If that's true, mainstream Muslims and the CBC shouldn't really have a problem with it.

Their production, for lack of a better term is no different than anything of similar bent found on 22 Minutes, or in the past, Air Farce. A name in and of itself that could be taken as insulting.

As for Majumder, he's a second rate comedian, for lack of a better term.

I'd like to get Russel Peters take on the skit in question.

Although I'm always put off by Ezra's theatrics, rhetoric and dramatizations, you're right, he id dead on.

Due to the fact they were not adhering to Forces Policy-
On Duty- 7-24-365 - 366 in leap years.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Due to the fact they were not adhering to Forces Policy-
On Duty- 7-24-365 - 366 in leap years.

I wonder how many times charcoal or shoe polish was used to draw a little mustache on a Troopers upper lip, right before singing "Der Fuerhrer's Face"?

I bet "The Dumbells" would agree with those that think this is a lot to do about nothing. Mind you their Kaiser skits were something to write home about I hear.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I wonder how many times charcoal or shoe polish was used to draw a little mustache on a Troopers upper lip, right before singing "Der Fuerhrer's Face"?

I bet "The Dumbells" would agree with those that think this is a lot to do about nothing. Mind you their Kaiser skits were something to write home about I hear.

As I mentioned- shoot the ffr with the video camera. If you are going to do something like they did - shoot the video guy.