Oh for **** sakes. Magnitude-2.0 quake shakes New Jersey

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh the horror.....a 2.0 CNN = Complete Nonsense News?

CNN) -- As if they haven't had enough headaches in New Jersey in the past week, on Monday morning they added earthquake to the list.

The magnitude-2.0 temblor struck at 1:19 a.m. and was centered two miles south-southeast of Ringwood, New Jersey, not far from the border with New York. The depth was 3.1 miles, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The agency logged 11 responses from people who said they felt the quake across seven zip codes in New York and New Jersey. Quakes in the eastern U.S. -- even small ones like this -- are typically felt over a larger area than quakes in the western part of the country, the USGS says. Quakes occur less frequently in the eastern U.S. than in the West.

No damage was reported from Monday's quake.

The largest quake ever recorded in New Jersey was a magnitude-5.3 temblor in 1783, according to the USGS.

No damage was reported from Monday's quake.

No ****? Really? Why not?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
2.0 is tremor not a quake. It was an M1+ which doesn't even make the USGS Top 40 for the week.

After a rain, the buses going by at the end of the block will shake my house at nearly 4.0.... ( YES I am that big of a keener to use my gear to find that out)

Where do I sign up for the VISA card and free cheeseburgers?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Plague of Locutus respects all the colours of the magical rainbow boys.