Iran issues travel warning for Canada

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
We bad.

Iran's Foreign Ministry has cautioned Iranians against travel to Canada, alleging they're being "deprived of their basic rights to continue with their ordinary activities," according to Iran's state-run media.

The IRNA report published Wednesday quotes a ministry statement saying there is evidence that "Islamphobia and Iranphobia have not stopped in Canada," but have escalated over the past few days.

The report suggested Iranians in Canada have been denied the right to access their bank accounts and "do ordinary transactions."

more

Iran issues travel warning for Canada - *News - MSN CA

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Iranians have been blocked from their bank accounts in Canada:

They can't access their money in Canadian banks:
Bank freezes accounts of Iranian-Canadians

...and they can't access their money in Iranian banks from Canada.
Canada Imposes Tougher Sanctions on Iran

It would be irresponsible of the Iranian government not to warn Iranians about these problems before they came to Canada and found out they have no money...

A Saint John business woman says the government's decision to cut ties with Iran has left her family stranded in Canada.

Zahra Sharifian is the owner of Zee Confections, a Saint John catering company specializing in low fat recipes from her homeland of Iran.

Sharifian applied for permanent residency two and a half years ago. With an expiring Iranian passport she says travel outside of Canada is now impossible. Now that the Iranian embassy in Ottawa is closed, Sharifian says she is stuck in Canada.

"If something happens I can't go back and forth nowhere, none of the three of us," said Sharifian. "My husband, he's still in Iran. He can't come here because he has no visa."

Sharifian lives with her two children in Saint John. She says she was planning on renewing her expiring Iranian passport. But now that Canada has declared Iranian diplomats personae non gratae, she's not sure what will happen to her family.

Frustration growing for Iranian woman in Saint John - New Brunswick - CBC News

Ironically the Canadian government would probably help Iranians stranded in Canada by buying them a ticket home.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

They can't access their money in Canadian banks:

...and they can't access their money in Iranian banks from Canada.

It would be irresponsible of the Iranian government not to warn Iranians about these problems before they came to Canada and found out they have no money...

A Saint John business woman says the government's decision to cut ties with Iran has left her family stranded in Canada.

Zahra Sharifian is the owner of Zee Confections, a Saint John catering company specializing in low fat recipes from her homeland of Iran.

Sharifian applied for permanent residency two and a half years ago. With an expiring Iranian passport she says travel outside of Canada is now impossible. Now that the Iranian embassy in Ottawa is closed, Sharifian says she is stuck in Canada.

"If something happens I can't go back and forth nowhere, none of the three of us," said Sharifian. "My husband, he's still in Iran. He can't come here because he has no visa."

Sharifian lives with her two children in Saint John. She says she was planning on renewing her expiring Iranian passport. But now that Canada has declared Iranian diplomats personae non gratae, she's not sure what will happen to her family.

Frustration growing for Iranian woman in Saint John - New Brunswick - CBC News

Ironically the Canadian government would probably help Iranians stranded in Canada by buying them a ticket home.

Iran is under Sanctions- Yes I know it is old news but I clearly had to remind you. Guess you missed the numerous new reports.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Obama is to busy kissing Ahmadinejad ass, so I am glad to see Canada standing up for Israel and going against the Middle Eastern tyrants. Just wish we would send military support to the region..

Madonna got it right, we have a Black Muslim in the White House.. who is kiss the asses of leaders that hate the USA or bows to leaders of countries where a majority of the 9/11 attackers came from.

[youtube]sBKdPQstQAM[/youtube]

[youtube]ejwKO_jCq98[/youtube]

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Correction, some Iranians have had their accounts frozen.

Can you show me where in the Iranian Constitution or the Charter of Rights, banking is a basic right?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Given the Koran's prohibition against receiving or paying interest, do Canadian banks comply or cater to strict Islamics? Or are we seeing typical religious hypocrisy?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Iranian leader spoke despite the concerted efforts of some, including Liberal MP Irwin Cotler, to convince UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to pull the plug on his participation.

“Allowing President Ahmadinejad to address the UN General Assembly is a cruel parody of law and justice that will put us on the wrong side of history,” Cotler wrote in a recent letter to the secretary general and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The letter cited Ahmadinejad for human rights violations, pursuit of nuclear weapons in defiance of the UN and incitement to genocide.

I wonder of they would let Hitler stand up and address the UN

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Correction, some Iranians have had their accounts frozen.

Can you show me where in the Iranian Constitution or the Charter of Rights, banking is a basic right?
I'm just stating what it means and the problems it created.

As I said, some Iranians can't access their money in Canada Bank Accounts (aka frozen).

ALSO:
Iranians traveling to Canada cannot access their Iranian bank accounts. Canadian banks no longer do business with Iranian banks. That means Iranians have to carry cash into Canada. If they run out of money, they could be SOL even if they have millions in their Iranian bank accounts since Canadian Banks no longer do business with Iranian banks.

Canada imposed new sanctions under the Special Economic Measures Act (SEMA).
These regulations did the following:
prohibit financial transactions with Iran...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Translation, I'm just an Islamic tyranny and spin apologist.

As I said, some Iranians can't access their money in Canada Bank Accounts (aka frozen).

ALSO:
Iranians traveling to Canada cannot access their Iranian bank accounts. Canadian banks no longer do business with Iranian banks. That means Iranians have to carry cash into Canada. If they run out of money, they could be SOL even if they have millions in their Iranian bank accounts since Canadian Banks no longer do business with Iranian banks.

Yes I know that.

Can you now provide a quote from the Iranian Constitution, or the Charter of Rights, outlining the basic right to banking?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

geez, does Iran sanctions say anything about sending money to Iran.. so if you send money, your account get's frozen. ooops. better not send money.

Sorta like US Citizens 20 years ago not being allowed to go to Cuba or send money.. if you were a US citizen and had a Visa entry for Cuba in a US Passport you would be arrested.. Cuba sanctions.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Who is they?

If Israeli war criminals can address the UN, then its only fair to let crazy Iranian religious zealots also address the UN.
That still doesn't show us all where in the Iranian Constitution or the Charter of Rights, it says there's a right to banking.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Translation, I'm just an Islamic tyranny and spin apologist.

Yes I know that.

Can you now provide a quote from the Iranian Constitution, or the Charter of Rights, outlining the basic right to banking?
Translation: CB is a pathological liar who constantly invents crap about what others allegedly wrote and/or believe. The above is yet another example...

Can you provide a quote from me where I claim banking services are a basic right for anyone anywhere?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Who is they?

If Israeli war criminals can address the UN, then its only fair to let crazy Iranian religious zealots also address the UN.

Please provide a listing if Israeli's tried and convicted War Crimes. Otherwise you claim is a slur on all Israeli's

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Who is they?

Israels war criminals.. why, because they don't want to let a bunch of Palestinian dogs bent of the destruction of Israel and Jews camp on their door step.. not to forget, they voted in a terrorist government Hamas.. they deserve nothing.

You see that little white box they are all squatting around with their asses in the air waiting for Allah and Mohammad to ass fukk their hypocritical Muslim asses.. they need to put a nuke in that and let the fireworks show begin during Ramadan.

Now you have a clear sense my feeling towards Islam.. ;)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Translation: CB is a pathological liar who constantly invents crap about what others allegedly wrote and/or believe. The above is yet another example...

Can you provide a quote from me where I claim banking services are a basic right for anyone anywhere?

Please provide proof that CB is a pathological liar or retract and apologize. If you cannot prove or refuse to retract then you are in violation of Forum Rules.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LMAO!!!

Given the many lies you've been caught in, that's rich.

Yep...

Iranian authorities... "deprived of their basic rights to continue with their ordinary activities,"

Your usual Islamic tyranny and spin apology...

Please don't let that stop you from your continued defense of Islamic nuttery.

OK, now that we've established that you completely supported the Iranian warning, which of course contained the fallacious warning I highlighted above...

Can you show me where in the Iranian Constitution or the Charter of Rights, it mentions anything about a right to banking?

If you can't, you can always just remove your blanket support for the latest Iranian nuttery.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

ALSO:

Well Here ya go again. Apparently Islamophobes are on the rampage, murders are up and other such crap from a regime you support.

Just for you Wanker.

Iran warns its citizens that Canada is a dangerous place - The Globe and Mail

Tehran warned – for instance – of the risks of police violence, citing clashes between students and authorities in Montreal over threatened tuition increases.

In the wake of the embassy closing, “Islamphobia and Iranphobia have not stopped in Canada, rather escalated over the past few days,” reported the semi-official news agency Irna, quoting from the Foreign Ministry travel warning.

It added Iranian expatriates has been arrested and expelled and deprived of basic rights, including banking transactions – apparently a reference to financial sanctions imposed by Canada and other governments on Iran over its controversial nuclear program.

Iran warned that murder and other violent crime was on the rise in Canada, adding that the forced closing of its embassy in Ottawa meant there were no diplomats available to assist Iranian citizens.