The lovesick Canadian dentist

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A LOVELORN dentist has travelled 8,000km to track down an Irish girl he met — for just two minutes.

Sandy Crocker will wear his heart on his sleeve for the next four weeks as he travels the country to search for his red-haired colleen.

The British Columbia native met the girl of his dreams in An Teach Bia cafe in Ennistymon, Co Clare, on July 9, 2011, and spoke to her for a couple of minutes before realising — too late — that she was the one.

Sandy describes her as being in her mid to late 20s with freckles and reddish-brown hair.

He said: “We were on our way to the Cliffs of Moher that morning and we stopped in Ennistymon to grab a bite to eat.

“She was eating and I didn’t want to interrupt her meal so I waited until I noticed that she was leaving and I spoke to her then.

“I asked her for directions to the cliffs. I was leaving Ireland a day later so, at first, I didn’t see the point in pursuing things more — but after she left I decided that I had to.

“We paid our bill quickly and myself and my brother started looking for her.”

Sandy revealed how the brothers searched the town and cliffs for hours without any joy.

He added: “There was no trace of her.”

Love-sick Romeo flies 8,000km to find the girl he met for just TWO minutes | The Sun |Irish Home|Irish News