Sixteen charges, including first-degree murder, for suspect in PQ-event shooting

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I hope the lawyer who'll defend the creep,does not come with the usual insanity defense.

If he's insane he's insane, whether you like it or not. Frankly, I prefer when they find people who do things like this are insane. I'd rather not think the average joe walking down the street possesses this capacity.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If he's insane he's insane, whether you like it or not. Frankly, I prefer when they find people who do things like this are insane. I'd rather not think the average joe walking down the street possesses this capacity.

Agreed. Insane or not they still go away for a very long time.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Agreed. Insane or not they still go away for a very long time.
But again its the people who are IMO punished,by paying a crapload of money to keep him in jail,i wish we had someone like.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If he's insane... and the shrinks identify a treatable condition, he could be back on the streets as soon as his medication kicks in...

Insane cannibal back on the streets after less than 4 years:

The murder of Tim McLean occurred on the evening of July 30, 2008. 22-year-old McLean was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while riding a Greyhound Canada bus.. ..On May 17, 2012, the National Post reported that Vince Li (murderer/cannibal) has been granted temporary passes that will allow him out of the Selkirk Mental Health Centre for visits to the town of Selkirk, supervised by a nurse and peace officer. In an interview Li spoke for the first time saying that he began hearing "the voice of God" in 2004 and that he wanted to save the people from an alien attack.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If he's insane... and the shrinks identify a treatable condition, he could be back on the streets as soon as his medication kicks in...

The murder of Tim McLean occurred on the evening of July 30, 2008. 22-year-old McLean was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while riding a Greyhound Canada bus.. ..On May 17, 2012, the National Post reported that Vince Li (murderer/cannibal) has been granted temporary passes that will allow him out of the Selkirk Mental Health Centre for visits to the town of Selkirk, supervised by a nurse and peace officer. In an interview Li spoke for the first time saying that he began hearing "the voice of God" in 2004 and that he wanted to save the people from an alien attack.

Now you are a Doctor- and a panel of experts who have access to information you do not have- Yes you do excel at many things Bucky.

Again- A massive FAIL.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
But again its the people who are IMO punished,by paying a crapload of money to keep him in jail,i wish we had someone like.

and you would prefer to do what? Pay a crapload MORE money and put them to death?

This doesn't say he was released. He is on supervised visits. What would you rather, they keep him in as long as they can and then just release him with no integration? How do you think that would work out?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Its part of the social contract. If you want to live in a society you have to pay for your protection in it. Id rather have my tax dollars go to locking up crazy dangerous people than to MPs expense accounts or to paying for all this 'remember the war of 1812' bs thats all over the place. Putting them away is actually useful. Ive never been in prison but from what ive seen its no picnic. Its not like we're locking them up in a mansion or on a resort. Their freedoms are taken and they are confined to a small area with very unpleasant company. They are the ones being punished, not us.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No but wasting almost $100.000 per year to keep them in jail,is dumb,the sheriff has the right way,as cheapest as you can make it.

Check the stats on the costs involved with the death penalty. You will find that it costs more to put a man to death than to put him in prison for life.

Also, can you guarantee that an innocent man won't be sentenced to death?

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Check the stats on the costs involved with the death penalty. You will find that it costs more to put a man to death than to put him in prison for life.

Also, can you guarantee that an innocent man won't be sentenced to death?
In canada we do not execute them,and its not intelligent either to give them everything they have now,again i don't say we should kill or torture them,just that prison is supposed to punish them,no tv no internet no access to exercise equipment "They can't com out stronger than they were when the got in" and no contact with other prisoners,that way they will not be taught how to make weapon with toothbrushes etc.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No but wasting almost $100.000 per year to keep them in jail,is dumb,the sheriff has the right way,as cheapest as you can make it.

And what is the result from treating prisoners as such- It sure as hell ain't positive when they are released.

Why not bring back Debtors Prisons- the Stocks - Well - Why not

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
And what is the result from treating prisoners as such- It sure as hell ain't positive when they are released.

Why not bring back Debtors Prisons- the Stocks - Well - Why not

In other countries some are imprisoned for their opinions,and they are far from getting the pampered treatment prisoners here get,and like the whiny student in quebec,they claim they have horrible detention conditions. WTF

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
In other countries some are imprisoned for their opinions,and they are far from getting the pampered treatment prisoners here get,and like the whiny student in quebec,they claim they have horrible detention conditions. WTF

And your point is..................

In other countries people of 1 religion will cleanse an area of a differing religion. PS - Cleanse= Rape- murder- mass killings-

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
And your point is..................

In other countries people of 1 religion will cleanse an area of a differing religion. PS - Cleanse= Rape- murder- mass killings-
My point is a ****load of money is wasted to keep dangerous criminal inside,instead of using the minumum,and putting the money where it is needed,the healthcare,and the hospitals.

It makes many people angry to see that criminals have much more rights than their victims.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
My point is a ****load of money is wasted to keep dangerous criminal inside,instead of using the minumum,and putting the money where it is needed,the healthcare,and the hospitals.

Please define dangerous- please define what punishment- please define what crimes would constitute dangerous.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Please define dangerous- please define what punishment- please define what crimes would constitute dangerous.

anyone using a weapon to rob people convenient stores,killers gang members rapists pedophiles,and the creep from tuesday night who apparently was already ranting about the PQ for a loooooooooooooong time.