Gun Store Owner Open Fires on 3 Burglars

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Went down a couple weeks back:

The owner of the Guns and Ammo Gunsmith store in North Augusta, S.C. thought he was going to die tragically. Three men had drove a van into his store, executing what they hoped would be a quick “smash-and-grab” robbery.

Instead, they met owner Stephen Bayezes, who opened fire on the three intruders after the commotion set off an alarm, hitting each one at least once. He says he is not proud of what he was forced to do, but added sometimes “you’ve got to.” The incident occurred on Aug. 9, but the owner says a set of tire marks on the store’s floor and an unfinished wall are daily reminders of the night that he almost lost his life.

“It’s a haunting thought. It literally is a haunting thought when you see the tire tracks, you hear the tires,” Bayezes told WRDW-TV.

“Everybody assures you that you just did what you had to do to protect your family. They say it’ll heal over time, but when does time go away? It’s something that nobody ever wants to do.”

But he says he had no choice after he heard one of the robbers shout, “Shoot the mother f**ker!,” followed by the sound of a gun cocking. “I mean, they would’ve shot me. In my mind, with no reservation. If that firearm had been loaded, I might’ve been a statistic.”

With his fight-or-flight reflexes in full gear, Bayezes started shooting, striking all three men, killing one while the surviving two escaped. WRDW does not reveal the exact type of firearm the store owner used.

more and video

Gun Store Owner Stephen Bayezes Shoots 3 Robbers After They Drive Van Through Wall | Video | TheBlaze.com

Georgia: North Augusta Gun Shop Owner Kills Suspected Burglar, Injures Two Others - YouTube

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If all of this is true(which it sounds like it is), then it just means there is one less POS wasting space on the planet. I hope the other two are caught before they attempt to "finish off the job". I feel bad for the store owner, as it is obvious from his statements that it wasn't something that he wanted to do, but had to do in order to survive.