Sasquatch stunt takes a tragic turn on highway

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A man dressed in a military-style “Ghillie suit” who was attempting to provoke a Bigfoot sighting was struck by two vehicles and killed on U.S. 93 South of Kalispell Sunday night.

“He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting,” Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said. “You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.”

The Flathead County Sheriff’s Office identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell.

Schneider said Tenley’s motivations were ascertained during interviews with friends who were not in the immediate area but were nearby when the man was struck at about 10:30 p.m.

“Alcohol may have been a factor,” Schneider said. “Impairment is up in the air.”

Tenley was on the southbound side of the highway, about a half mile south of the highway’s intersection with Rocky Point Road.

“He was in the right-hand lane of travel and the vehicle was unable to avoid him and struck him,” Schneider said of the first vehicle driven by a 15-year-old girl from Somers.

A second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Somers girl also struck Tenley as he laid on the highway.

Ghillie suits are commonly used by military snipers and some that are advertised on the Internet have a Bigfoot-like appearance.

“This one was a store-bought version, just a commercial Ghillie suit that was pre-made,” Schneider said.

Tenley was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sasquatch stunt takes a tragic turn on highway - Daily Inter Lake: Local/Montana

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
A man dressed in a military-style “Ghillie suit” who was attempting to provoke a Bigfoot sighting was struck by two vehicles and killed on U.S. 93 South of Kalispell Sunday night.

“He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting,” Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said. “You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.”

The Flathead County Sheriff’s Office identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell.

Schneider said Tenley’s motivations were ascertained during interviews with friends who were not in the immediate area but were nearby when the man was struck at about 10:30 p.m.

“Alcohol may have been a factor,” Schneider said. “Impairment is up in the air.”

Tenley was on the southbound side of the highway, about a half mile south of the highway’s intersection with Rocky Point Road.

“He was in the right-hand lane of travel and the vehicle was unable to avoid him and struck him,” Schneider said of the first vehicle driven by a 15-year-old girl from Somers.

A second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Somers girl also struck Tenley as he laid on the highway.

Ghillie suits are commonly used by military snipers and some that are advertised on the Internet have a Bigfoot-like appearance.

“This one was a store-bought version, just a commercial Ghillie suit that was pre-made,” Schneider said.

Tenley was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sasquatch stunt takes a tragic turn on highway - Daily Inter Lake: Local/Montana

Ahhh, when good stunts go bad.

Hoping you do not mix your gear,and go hunt with the paintballs. :lol:

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the rainbow coloured deer of the central Ontario. ;)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I wonder why a 15 year old girl was driving at 10:30pm. Is the legal age for driving different there?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Maybe she was learning?

Wouldn't THAT be horrible!8O

It would certainly be horrible for her, for sure. You could be right, but I am wondering about the time. In Canada, drivers that are in the learning stage can only drive during certain hours. At least, I think that's the case.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It would certainly be horrible for her, for sure. You could be right, but I am wondering about the time. In Canada, drivers that are in the learning stage can only drive during certain hours. At least, I think that's the case.

It's midnight and 5am here. (I just checked)

In Montana, I don't see any such restrictions on night driving in their graduated program.

https://doj.mt.gov/driving/driver-licensing/

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJBIO7B_XI4&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
One Shot, 3 Arrested In Bigfoot Hunt

Rogers County Sheriff's Department made multiple arrests in what appears to be an accidental shooting. Some involved say it happened during a Sasquatch hunting expedition.

Deputies were told that two men were hunting - apparently for Bigfoot - around 177th East Avenue and Tiger Switch Road Saturday night. One of the men reportedly heard a noise, jerked and shot his friend in the back, authorities say.

"When you start off with an explanation like that, do you believe anything after that?" Sheriff Walton said Sunday morning.

The men called 911 and met emergency responders at a QuikTrip near Interstate 44 and 161st Street. The wounded man is expected to survive, Walton said.

Walton said the incident is still under investigation and that the men's stories were inconsistent. Authorities haven't yet determined whether drugs or alcohol were involved, he said.

"It probably was an accidental shooting," Walton said. "Our efforts now are to locate the weapon that was used."

Rogers County Sheriff's Office: Man Wounded In Possible Bigfoot - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Lord suffering you know who, there are idiots out ther believing in old big foot
to the point where they go hunting for them. I am glad I stay home and watch
the NFL