Neil Armstrong dies

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

WASHINGTON—Former U.S. astronaut, Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, has died at the age of 82, U.S. media reported on Saturday.

Armstrong underwent a heart-bypass surgery earlier this month, just two days after his birthday on Aug. 5, to relieve blocked coronary arteries.

As commander of the Apollo 11 mission, Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the moon on July 20, 1969. As he stepped on the moon’s dusty surface, Armstrong said: “That’s one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.”

The Apollo 11 moon mission turned out to be Armstrong’s last space flight. The following year he was appointed to a desk job, being named NASA’s deputy associate administrator for aeronautics in the office of advanced research and technology.

He left NASA a year later to become a professor of engineering at the University of Cincinnati.
The former astronaut lived in the Cincinnati area with his wife, Carol.

First man on moon Neil Armstrong dead at 82 - thestar.com

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/neil-armstrong-man-moon-dead/story?id=12325140#.UDkrJKBlS_I

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
His script had "for a man" but he left the "a". I like how he said it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
He was the man who defined a historic age you might say all those songs were
directed to him for he was the man on the moon

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Unfortunate. He seemed to have lived a very good life and was able to keep his privacy. No small feat these days. Wish I had been around for the landings. Even my parents were too young to remember. My grandmother told me about it though. Im hoping to be around the next time humanity makes a 'giant leap.'

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Unfortunate. He seemed to have lived a very good life and was able to keep his privacy. No small feat these days. Wish I had been around for the landings. Even my parents were too young to remember. My grandmother told me about it though. Im hoping to be around the next time humanity makes a 'giant leap.'

Maybe will be around for the next World War.
We get a shot at the giant leap after the War.
If there's anything left.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
He has now taken the next giant step, and who knows where his journey will go and what marvels he may witness?

Rest in peace, Mr. Armstrong.:(