Big Brother Won In Court "Apple"

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Those running the show behind the Star Trek franchise should take Apple for all they're worth.

Then go after Star Wars and send that idiot George Lucas to the poor house

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Those running the show behind the Star Trek franchise should take Apple for all they're worth.

Then go after Star Wars and send that idiot George Lucas to the poor house

Pretty hard to go after any SF series for stealing ideas. As an SF fan I've noted that SF authors freely steal from one another and have been doing so since the time of HG Wells. As a simple example the famous auto-doors in Star Trek were first featured in a 1930s Flash Gordon serial.

I'm not sure from the article how Star Trek and Apple are related.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Pretty hard to go after any SF series for stealing ideas. As an SF fan I've noted that SF authors freely steal from one another and have been doing so since the time of HG Wells. As a simple example the famous auto-doors in Star Trek were first featured in a 1930s Flash Gordon serial.

I'm not sure from the article how Star Trek and Apple are related.

The pads that they used during Star Trek: The Next Generation. The I-Pads look quite similar.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The pads that they used during Star Trek: The Next Generation. The I-Pads look quite similar.

Those cards they used looked an awful lot like micro floppy disks.

Do you know you can still get floppy drives? They plug in via USB. I wonder if they still have USB card readers too?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Oh right. Interesting isn't it that using a pad type device for anything will probably be obsolete by the time of the 23rd Century? Technology now moves faster than science fiction.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If it is,it probably is written in extremely small print,which you need a microscope to read it.
Last time i checked,if you pay for something,you own it.

Read your software agreements, your credit card agreements, and others more carefully. You buy the rights to use not the item outright.