Wife of Canadian senator arrested after disturbance on Saskatoon-bound plane

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Looks like the grave digger and the cradle robber are not getting along8O

SASKATOON — The 23-year-old wife of a Canadian senator appeared dishevelled and emotional as she sat in the prisoner’s box of a provincial courtroom in Saskatoon on Friday morning.Maygan Sensenberger, who married 69-year-old Senator Rod Zimmer of Winnipeg almost one year ago in Ottawa, is charged with causing a public disturbance and endangering the safety of an aircraft by committing an act of violence during a flight.
City police said they were called to Saskatoon’s John G. Diefenbaker Airport around 8 p.m. Thursday night to deal with a passenger on an incoming flight who was causing a disturbance. Officers took Sensenberger into custody once the plane landed and passengers disembarked. No one was injured.
She is accused of threatening to kill her husband and “take down the aircraft,” as well as causing a disturbance by screaming and yelling on the Air Canada flight from Ontario, a Crown prosecutor said during her arraignment Friday.
Sensenberger was remanded in custody for the weekend and is expected to make a second court appearance on Monday — their first wedding anniversary.
Born in Kuroki, Sask., Zimmer received a commerce degree from the University of Saskatchewan in 1973 and served as vice-president of corporate communications for CanWest Capital Corporation from 1979 to 1983.
According to his official parliamentary biography, Zimmer is “one of Winnipeg’s most recognized community leaders.”
He has served in the past as vice-president of marketing and communications for the Manitoba Lotteries Foundation, as president of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, and as a member of the board of directors for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Zimmer sits on the boards of directors for the Canadian Paralympic Foundation, the Burton Cummings Theatre, the Millennium Centre, Canadian Unity Council (Manitoba) and Craig Wireless Systems.
A member and fundraiser for the federal Liberal Party, he was appointed to the Senate by former prime minister Paul Martin in 2005.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
WTF does that have to do with anything?
Sounds to me as if Zimmer pissed his wife off inflight and she went postie.

If she is anything like my ex.. he got off lucky..

When Lorena Bobbitt cut off John Bobbitt's dick and tossed it into the field.. my ex-wife replied; " I would not have tossed it where it could be easily picked up and have it surgically replaced.. nope. I would have put it into the blender."

Needless to say, I started to sleep on my belly.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
If she is anything like my ex.. he got off lucky..

When Lorena Bobbitt cut off John Bobbitt's dick and tossed it into the field.. my ex-wife replied; " I would not have tossed it where it could be easily picked up and have it surgically replaced.. nope. I would have put it into the blender."

Needless to say, I started to sleep on my belly.
Something which amezed me with this story,they found the weiner which is a small item,but they can't find a stolen car or missing person,WTF is up with that?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Looks like the grave digger and the cradle robber are not getting along8O

Born in Kuroki, Sask., Zimmer received a commerce degree from the University of Saskatchewan in 1973 and served as vice-president of corporate communications for CanWest Capital Corporation from 1979 to 1983.

.....and when Zimmer was 46yrs old in 1989, his wife was born. I've an open
mind (I like to think) but that's more than a little creepy.

I'm not 46yrs old, and my Son older than Zimmers wife.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

.....and when Zimmer was 46yrs old in 1989, his wife was born. I've an open
mind (I like to think) but that's more than a little creepy.

I'm not 46yrs old, and my Son older than Zimmers wife.

I agree about the creep factor. When there is that much of a gap, generations apart, you can't help but think they are just each into it for their own purposes. As opposed to a relationship that's more of a partnership I mean.

Of course there are always exceptions, but usually the exceptions help to prove the rule.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Nothing like trying to analyse a domestic dispute. Domestic disputes are never rational
She got pissed off or perhaps hammered in flight and decided not to put up with anymore
of what ever she was tire of.
I think they need some counselling though

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I didn't see in the article where he was even with her. Did I miss something?
Maybe you didn't. I read this part: "She is accused of threatening to kill her husband and “take down the aircraft,” as well as causing a disturbance by screaming and yelling on the Air Canada flight from Ontario, a Crown prosecutor said during her arraignment Friday." and assumed that there'd be no point in threatening her hubby unless he was actually there to threaten.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Maybe you didn't. I read this part: "She is accused of threatening to kill her husband and “take down the aircraft,” as well as causing a disturbance by screaming and yelling on the Air Canada flight from Ontario, a Crown prosecutor said during her arraignment Friday." and assumed that there'd be no point in threatening her hubby unless he was actually there to threaten.

Guess it would depend on how disturbed she was during her disturbance. Lol.

But I was married once, that kind of anger can travel for miles. ;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, I was assuming again that they wouldn't let her on the plane if she were fuming pissed to begin with.

Probably not, although they may have wanted to be rid of her, lol. Did they eventually let Guergis that one time? Or did they make her wait?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

He must have some money.