Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What was the "thief" doing rattling around inside the guy's car???

That said, there is only two sane places to keep a loaded handgun........in a holster on your hip, or in your hand..

Locked in a drawer or safe in the house isn't a bad location either.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Locked in a drawer or safe in the house isn't a bad location either.

Of what good is that? It's a dangerous world out there; I sleep with my fully loaded assault rifle under my pillow... just in case. with the safety on of course in case I start sleepwalking or otherwise pull the trigger accidentally.

Never leave your weapon beyond arm's reach... even at church!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Of what good is that? It's a dangerous world out there; I sleep with my fully loaded assault rifle under my pillow... just in case. with the safety on of course in case I start sleepwalking or otherwise pull the trigger accidentally.

You need to get a Glock, then you don't have a safety to worry about.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yes, it's a 'safe action' system that only allows you to pull the trigger when you pull the trigger.
Right. I hadn't read Machjo's post. But anyway, unless the trigger is pulled directly back toward the wrist, at least one of the 3 auto-safeties will prevent firing. So simply saying what you did is misleading. The gun will not fire by dropping it, hitting the trigger from any other angle than directly in front.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley

LOL, what a way to live. More than a bit paranoid are we?? Around my house you would be sleeping in the barn or the doghouse.