Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times

When something works, keep doing it.
That seems to be the motto of one man who managed to successfully rob the same Winnipeg bank four different times over an eight-month span.
Unfortunately, the long arm of the law finally caught up with him Friday and he's now being charged with five counts of robbery, reports Sun News.

Wearing a disguise, Glen Thomas Muskego reportedly walked into the Royal Bank branch on Sargent Avenue, demanded cash, received it and ran away without carrying a weapon. It worked so well in December that he did it three more times and also robbed another bank. While his first three attempts yielded cash and no jail time, cops caught him red-handed the fourth time, after he left the RBC branch with cash that was just handed to him by an employee.

The most amazing part about this story may be that the bank and the police didn't beef up security after the unarmed man robbed the branch. Even if they thought it was a one-time incident after the first time, they must have started to see some sort of pattern after the second robbery.
Because he was arrested, Muskego isn't quite a successful as a bear who covertly robbed a Colorado candy store seven times or a mother bear and her three cubs who broke into a Norwegian cabin and reportedly drank more than 100 beers. However, he is far better at committing crimes than the Massachusetts man who got his head stuck in a garage door while trying to rob a Rent-A-Center or a Pennsylvania burglary suspect who stole chips from a Subway restaurant and was caught because the police could follow the trail of chip bags.
Muskego was held in custody after his arrest and is also being charged with five counts of wearing a disguise with intent.

Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada

They get robbed. Heck, lightning doesn't strike the same place twice, yada, yada, yada, no need to beef up security. I can almost kind of understand the logic, no sense closing the barn door after the horse has already gotten out right?

But after the second or third time????

Stupidity your name is RBC Winnipeg.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is Canadian mediocrity he keeps robbing the same bank because
he knows the layout. Not even criminals have ambition anymore they
don't try new ideas and the police in turn just keep tasering the same
people. you would think that after four robberies, the cops would find a
few clues.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This is Canadian mediocrity he keeps robbing the same bank because
he knows the layout. Not even criminals have ambition anymore they
don't try new ideas and the police in turn just keep tasering the same
people. you would think that after four robberies, the cops would find a
few clues.

That's too funny yet oh so very sad because it's true!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
With the bank being robbed so many times, I wonder if it is possible he had some inside help?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Bank security regarding robbery is about catching the thief without anyone (including the robber) getting hurt. If Banks use armed guards then the chances of someone getting hurt are much higher. So Bank security focuses more on surveillance and increasing the ways they can identify robbers ie. trace the money.... so I've been told by people I've met who work in banks.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
RBC = maybe he is trying to Rebuild Bad Credit by Robbing Bank Constantly. :lol:

o.k. I'm board.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Bank security regarding robbery is about catching the thief without anyone (including the robber) getting hurt. If Banks use armed guards then the chances of someone getting hurt are much higher. So Bank security focuses more on surveillance and increasing the ways they can identify robbers ie. trace the money.... so I've been told by people I've met who work in banks.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass if the robber(s) get hurt, especially if they are armed.

And in the US, bank guards are armed.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets during a robbery.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets.

And there you go again, putting words in other people's mouths! Did I say anywhere that I would prefer to dodge bullets? No, I did not. I said I didn't give a rat's ass if the robber got hurt, as that is how I feel. The robber is a criminal, and why would I give a rat's ass about him.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Sorry, I assumed you understood that an armed guard in a bank increases the chances that a robbery will result in a shootout risking the lives of the bank guard, bank employees and innocent bystanders like you and me. I'd rather not be in a bank during a shootout between robbers and armed guards. In fact, I'd probably stop using a bank that posts armed guards for safety reasons.

How bank robberies go down in the US:

A blaze of automatic gunfire ripped through a crowded neighborhood after several heavily armed gunmen dressed like commandos botched a bank robbery.

Two suspects were killed, and 15 people were injured, including 10 policemen. None of the injuries incurred during the hourlong shootout was life threatening, Los Angeles Police Chief Willie Williams said.

Initially outgunned, police responded to a scene in North Hollywood that resembled a combat zone. Bullets were flying from all directions into cars and buildings and bystanders, too.

More than 200 police were on hand for the siege, which lasted more than an hour. Armored personnel carriers and dozens of police cars, fire engines and ambulances were called to subdue the attackers and attend to the wounded.

Wearing body armor and carrying a trunk full of weapons, the robbers were ready for a fight. And thats exactly what they delivered, firing multiple hundreds of rounds, according to police.

They fired armorpiercing bullets at anything that moved, and one suspect used a getaway car as a shield. Two suspects fought fiercely to the death, killed by helmeted police who fired bullets to the head at close range.

Botched L.A bank heist turns into bloody shootout - CNN

Canadian Bank Robbery

A 30-year-old man wanted for three bank robberies in Vernon is now in custody.

The Vernon resident allegedly robbed VantageOne Credit Union, the Bank of Montreal, and HSBC Bank, said Gordon Molendyk of the Vernon/North Okanagan RCMP.

Police released surveillance photos of the suspect last week. He was ID’d following a tip from the public.

The man was arrested without incident at a police station Monday after he walked into a detachment to talk to police.

Suspected Vernon bank robber arrested after walking into police station

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets during a robbery.

Sorry, I assumed you understood that an armed guard in a bank increases the chances that a robbery will result in a shootout risking the lives of the bank guard, bank employees and innocent bystanders like you and me. I'd rather not be in a bank during a shootout between robbers and armed guards. In fact, I'd probably stop using a bank that posts armed guards for safety reasons.

For someone who is constantly bemoaning how others assume things about him, you always seem to do a fair bit of assuming about other people. Either stop doing that or get off your damned high horse about it. You can't have it both ways.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Just to say that years ago at a "Caisse Populaire" a robber went in one of these banks,which had the employee well protected behing a bulletproof shield,so the robber threaten to shoot someone if they didn't give him te money,to which they refused and "BANG" the prick shot the man in the back,who now is in a wheelchair.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The victim should sue Caisse Populaire and the employee who are partly responsible for his injuries.

The correct thing to do during a robbery is to whatever it takes to get the robber out of the bank... usually that means cooperating and handing over the money...Life and well being is precious, money can be replaced.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
The victim should sue Caisse Populaire and the employee who are partly responsible for his injuries.

The correct thing to do during a robbery is to whatever it takes to get the robber out of the bank... usually that means cooperating and handing over the money...Life and well being is precious, money can be replaced.
Depend on who's money,if its yours you better give it to the creep,but touch the money of a rich person,and you better disappear fast.

PS i don't know if he sued them,there was no follow up on the story,but he was in front of the CP location with a sign in his hands.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'd rather deal with an angry person who lost their money, then someone who is armed and desperate for money. Money can be replaced or recovered. Your life and health are far more important.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for catching the robber. Just not in the bank or at the time of the armed robbery when its likely someone will get hurt. In the case of the robber in Vernon, they put the video on crime stoppers, someone recognized the thief, and they called him in to "answer a few questions"... No one was hurt and the robber was tricked into assisting with their own arrest.

"Tip of the Hat" to the Vernon Police for their excellent detective work!

And there you go again, putting words in other people's mouths! Did I say anywhere that I would prefer to dodge bullets? No, I did not. I said I didn't give a rat's ass if the robber got hurt, as that is how I feel. The robber is a criminal, and why would I give a rat's ass about him.

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I was sarcastically pointing out the unintended consequences of your viewpoint that you might not have considered. I probably could have been more polite. I apologize. But I doubt anyone reading my post thought you would rather dodge bullets. Then again written sarcasm doesn't translate well without an alert or emoticon.

For someone who is constantly bemoaning how others assume things about him, you always seem to do a fair bit of assuming about other people. Either stop doing that or get off your damned high horse about it. You can't have it both ways.

Its not like I falsely claimed SS is a Jew hating Nazi with terrorist buddies.

I notice you have never criticize the authors of posts who violate forum rules with personal attacks, slanderous remarks, bold faced deliberate lies about what I believe and what I've written. Yet I use sarcasm in a way that no one would believe accurately portrays SS's opinion and "you get your panties in a knot" (to coin a phrase frequently directed at me by your "troll buddies"...)

I plead guilt to violating forum rules occasionally, but at least I seriously try to respect forum rules and when its pointed out that I crossed the line, I'll retract my statement and apologize. Your "troll buddies" constantly and deliberately violate the forum rules. They've never retracted their rude, malicious statements or apologized. ...and you've never criticized them for crossing the line once as far as I know.

Why don't you hold your "troll buddies" to the same standard you expect me to meet..."Bucko" My attempts to get the resident trolls to respect forum rules doesn't have any effect. But a little criticism from you might...

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Its not like I falsely claimed SS is a Jew hating Nazi with terrorist buddies.

The reason I don't venture into middle-eastern threads focusing on Israel/Palestine? Every single one is exactly the same, same context, same OPs, same commentary, from both sides of the coin. I can however begin to frequent them and levy my own assessment about the things said, from everybody. Are you absolutely certain you want me to start doing that? To post my views on the same comments as all my "troll buddies" are commenting on?

I notice you have never criticize the authors of posts who violate forum rules with personal attacks, slanderous remarks, bold faced deliberate lies about what I believe and what I've written. Yet I use sarcasm in a way that no one would believe accurately portrays SS's opinion and "you get your panties in a knot" (to coin a phrase frequently directed at me by your "troll buddies"...)

I plead guilt to violating forum rules occasionally, but at least I seriously try to respect forum rules and when its pointed out that I crossed the line, I'll retract my statement and apologize. Your "troll buddies" constantly and deliberately violate the forum rules. They've never retracted their rude, malicious statements or apologized. ...and you've never criticized them for crossing the line once as far as I know.

Why don't you hold your "troll buddies" to the same standard you expect me to meet..."Bucko" My attempts to get the resident trolls to respect forum rules doesn't have any effect. But a little criticism from you might...
So it's entirely coincidental that you just happen to make a suggestive sarcastic comment to the one person who (although he never even visits the threads in which you are always so constantly "maligned") was lumped in with so many others in an attempt to "prove" your point, and he called you on it? Because I don't buy that for a second. And neither does anyone else.

Get off your high horse.