Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times


SLM
+3
#1  Top Rated Post
Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times

When something works, keep doing it.
That seems to be the motto of one man who managed to successfully rob the same Winnipeg bank four different times over an eight-month span.
Unfortunately, the long arm of the law finally caught up with him Friday and he's now being charged with five counts of robbery, reports Sun News.

Wearing a disguise, Glen Thomas Muskego reportedly walked into the Royal Bank branch on Sargent Avenue, demanded cash, received it and ran away without carrying a weapon. It worked so well in December that he did it three more times and also robbed another bank. While his first three attempts yielded cash and no jail time, cops caught him red-handed the fourth time, after he left the RBC branch with cash that was just handed to him by an employee.

The most amazing part about this story may be that the bank and the police didn't beef up security after the unarmed man robbed the branch. Even if they thought it was a one-time incident after the first time, they must have started to see some sort of pattern after the second robbery.
Because he was arrested, Muskego isn't quite a successful as a bear who covertly robbed a Colorado candy store seven times or a mother bear and her three cubs who broke into a Norwegian cabin and reportedly drank more than 100 beers. However, he is far better at committing crimes than the Massachusetts man who got his head stuck in a garage door while trying to rob a Rent-A-Center or a Pennsylvania burglary suspect who stole chips from a Subway restaurant and was caught because the police could follow the trail of chip bags.
Muskego was held in custody after his arrest and is also being charged with five counts of wearing a disguise with intent.


Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada


They get robbed. Heck, lightning doesn't strike the same place twice, yada, yada, yada, no need to beef up security. I can almost kind of understand the logic, no sense closing the barn door after the horse has already gotten out right?



But after the second or third time????


Stupidity your name is RBC Winnipeg.
 
damngrumpy
+2
#2
This is Canadian mediocrity he keeps robbing the same bank because
he knows the layout. Not even criminals have ambition anymore they
don't try new ideas and the police in turn just keep tasering the same
people. you would think that after four robberies, the cops would find a
few clues.
 
SLM
+1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

This is Canadian mediocrity he keeps robbing the same bank because
he knows the layout. Not even criminals have ambition anymore they
don't try new ideas and the police in turn just keep tasering the same
people. you would think that after four robberies, the cops would find a
few clues.

That's too funny yet oh so very sad because it's true!
 
shadowshiv
+1
#4
With the bank being robbed so many times, I wonder if it is possible he had some inside help?
 
SLM
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

With the bank being robbed so many times, I wonder if it is possible he had some inside help?

Probably the guy in charge of beefing up security after a robbery.
 
taxslave
+1
#6
How do they call it robbery when he is just taking money from crooks?
 
earth_as_one
#7
Bank security regarding robbery is about catching the thief without anyone (including the robber) getting hurt. If Banks use armed guards then the chances of someone getting hurt are much higher. So Bank security focuses more on surveillance and increasing the ways they can identify robbers ie. trace the money.... so I've been told by people I've met who work in banks.
 
B00Mer
#8
RBC = maybe he is trying to Rebuild Bad Credit by Robbing Bank Constantly.

o.k. I'm board.
 
MapleDog
+1
#9
RBC Retarded Bankers of Canada
 
taxslave
#10
Royal Bandits
 
shadowshiv
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Bank security regarding robbery is about catching the thief without anyone (including the robber) getting hurt. If Banks use armed guards then the chances of someone getting hurt are much higher. So Bank security focuses more on surveillance and increasing the ways they can identify robbers ie. trace the money.... so I've been told by people I've met who work in banks.

Personally, I don't give a rat's *** if the robber(s) get hurt, especially if they are armed.

And in the US, bank guards are armed.
 
earth_as_one
+1
#12
I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets during a robbery.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets.

And there you go again, putting words in other people's mouths! Did I say anywhere that I would prefer to dodge bullets? No, I did not. I said I didn't give a rat's *** if the robber got hurt, as that is how I feel. The robber is a criminal, and why would I give a rat's *** about him.
 
earth_as_one
#14
Sorry, I assumed you understood that an armed guard in a bank increases the chances that a robbery will result in a shootout risking the lives of the bank guard, bank employees and innocent bystanders like you and me. I'd rather not be in a bank during a shootout between robbers and armed guards. In fact, I'd probably stop using a bank that posts armed guards for safety reasons.

How bank robberies go down in the US:

A blaze of automatic gunfire ripped through a crowded neighborhood after several heavily armed gunmen dressed like commandos botched a bank robbery.

Two suspects were killed, and 15 people were injured, including 10 policemen. None of the injuries incurred during the hourlong shootout was life threatening, Los Angeles Police Chief Willie Williams said.

Initially outgunned, police responded to a scene in North Hollywood that resembled a combat zone. Bullets were flying from all directions into cars and buildings and bystanders, too.

More than 200 police were on hand for the siege, which lasted more than an hour. Armored personnel carriers and dozens of police cars, fire engines and ambulances were called to subdue the attackers and attend to the wounded.

Wearing body armor and carrying a trunk full of weapons, the robbers were ready for a fight. And thats exactly what they delivered, firing multiple hundreds of rounds, according to police.

They fired armorpiercing bullets at anything that moved, and one suspect used a getaway car as a shield. Two suspects fought fiercely to the death, killed by helmeted police who fired bullets to the head at close range.

Botched L.A bank heist turns into bloody shootout - CNN

Canadian Bank Robbery

A 30-year-old man wanted for three bank robberies in Vernon is now in custody.

The Vernon resident allegedly robbed VantageOne Credit Union, the Bank of Montreal, and HSBC Bank, said Gordon Molendyk of the Vernon/North Okanagan RCMP.

Police released surveillance photos of the suspect last week. He was ID’d following a tip from the public.

The man was arrested without incident at a police station Monday after he walked into a detachment to talk to police.

Suspected Vernon bank robber arrested after walking into police station
 
SLM
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets during a robbery.


Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Sorry, I assumed you understood that an armed guard in a bank increases the chances that a robbery will result in a shootout risking the lives of the bank guard, bank employees and innocent bystanders like you and me. I'd rather not be in a bank during a shootout between robbers and armed guards. In fact, I'd probably stop using a bank that posts armed guards for safety reasons.

For someone who is constantly bemoaning how others assume things about him, you always seem to do a fair bit of assuming about other people. Either stop doing that or get off your damned high horse about it. You can't have it both ways.
 
MapleDog
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I'm glad Canadian banks don't obligate some poor bastard earning minimum wage to exchange gunfire with a bank robber. I'd much prefer the robber comes in, gets their marked money and gets the hell out without me even being aware that a robbery just happened. Its sounds like you'd prefer to dodge bullets during a robbery.

Just to say that years ago at a "Caisse Populaire" a robber went in one of these banks,which had the employee well protected behing a bulletproof shield,so the robber threaten to shoot someone if they didn't give him te money,to which they refused and "BANG" the prick shot the man in the back,who now is in a wheelchair.
 
earth_as_one
#17
The victim should sue Caisse Populaire and the employee who are partly responsible for his injuries.

The correct thing to do during a robbery is to whatever it takes to get the robber out of the bank... usually that means cooperating and handing over the money...Life and well being is precious, money can be replaced.
 
MapleDog
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

The victim should sue Caisse Populaire and the employee who are partly responsible for his injuries.

The correct thing to do during a robbery is to whatever it takes to get the robber out of the bank... usually that means cooperating and handing over the money...Life and well being is precious, money can be replaced.

Depend on who's money,if its yours you better give it to the creep,but touch the money of a rich person,and you better disappear fast.

PS i don't know if he sued them,there was no follow up on the story,but he was in front of the CP location with a sign in his hands.
 
earth_as_one
#19
I'd rather deal with an angry person who lost their money, then someone who is armed and desperate for money. Money can be replaced or recovered. Your life and health are far more important.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for catching the robber. Just not in the bank or at the time of the armed robbery when its likely someone will get hurt. In the case of the robber in Vernon, they put the video on crime stoppers, someone recognized the thief, and they called him in to "answer a few questions"... No one was hurt and the robber was tricked into assisting with their own arrest.

"Tip of the Hat" to the Vernon Police for their excellent detective work!

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

And there you go again, putting words in other people's mouths! Did I say anywhere that I would prefer to dodge bullets? No, I did not. I said I didn't give a rat's *** if the robber got hurt, as that is how I feel. The robber is a criminal, and why would I give a rat's *** about him.

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I was sarcastically pointing out the unintended consequences of your viewpoint that you might not have considered. I probably could have been more polite. I apologize. But I doubt anyone reading my post thought you would rather dodge bullets. Then again written sarcasm doesn't translate well without an alert or emoticon.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

For someone who is constantly bemoaning how others assume things about him, you always seem to do a fair bit of assuming about other people. Either stop doing that or get off your damned high horse about it. You can't have it both ways.

Its not like I falsely claimed SS is a Jew hating Nazi with terrorist buddies.

I notice you have never criticize the authors of posts who violate forum rules with personal attacks, slanderous remarks, bold faced deliberate lies about what I believe and what I've written. Yet I use sarcasm in a way that no one would believe accurately portrays SS's opinion and "you get your panties in a knot" (to coin a phrase frequently directed at me by your "troll buddies"...)

I plead guilt to violating forum rules occasionally, but at least I seriously try to respect forum rules and when its pointed out that I crossed the line, I'll retract my statement and apologize. Your "troll buddies" constantly and deliberately violate the forum rules. They've never retracted their rude, malicious statements or apologized. ...and you've never criticized them for crossing the line once as far as I know.

Why don't you hold your "troll buddies" to the same standard you expect me to meet..."Bucko" My attempts to get the resident trolls to respect forum rules doesn't have any effect. But a little criticism from you might...
Last edited by earth_as_one; Aug 22nd, 2012 at 07:23 AM..
 
SLM
+3
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Its not like I falsely claimed SS is a Jew hating Nazi with terrorist buddies.

The reason I don't venture into middle-eastern threads focusing on Israel/Palestine? Every single one is exactly the same, same context, same OPs, same commentary, from both sides of the coin. I can however begin to frequent them and levy my own assessment about the things said, from everybody. Are you absolutely certain you want me to start doing that? To post my views on the same comments as all my "troll buddies" are commenting on?

Quote:

I notice you have never criticize the authors of posts who violate forum rules with personal attacks, slanderous remarks, bold faced deliberate lies about what I believe and what I've written. Yet I use sarcasm in a way that no one would believe accurately portrays SS's opinion and "you get your panties in a knot" (to coin a phrase frequently directed at me by your "troll buddies"...)

I plead guilt to violating forum rules occasionally, but at least I seriously try to respect forum rules and when its pointed out that I crossed the line, I'll retract my statement and apologize. Your "troll buddies" constantly and deliberately violate the forum rules. They've never retracted their rude, malicious statements or apologized. ...and you've never criticized them for crossing the line once as far as I know.

Why don't you hold your "troll buddies" to the same standard you expect me to meet..."Bucko" My attempts to get the resident trolls to respect forum rules doesn't have any effect. But a little criticism from you might...

So it's entirely coincidental that you just happen to make a suggestive sarcastic comment to the one person who (although he never even visits the threads in which you are always so constantly "maligned") was lumped in with so many others in an attempt to "prove" your point, and he called you on it? Because I don't buy that for a second. And neither does anyone else.

Get off your high horse.
 
CDNBear
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Why don't you hold your "troll buddies" to the same standard you expect me to meet...

Your usual diversion when accurately, and righteously called out, aside. That would be your own standard!!!



Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

And neither does anyone else.

Something that has become crystal clear to so many, including the staff.

It's hard to grasp why it still eludes EAO.

Quote:

Get off your high horse.

I hate to correct you, but that's a cross he's on.

He throws himself up there every time he gets butthurt.
 
shadowshiv
+2
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Sorry, I assumed you understood that an armed guard in a bank increases the chances that a robbery will result in a shootout risking the lives of the bank guard, bank employees and innocent bystanders like you and me. I'd rather not be in a bank during a shootout between robbers and armed guards. In fact, I'd probably stop using a bank that posts armed guards for safety reasons.

How bank robberies go down in the US:

A blaze of automatic gunfire ripped through a crowded neighborhood after several heavily armed gunmen dressed like commandos botched a bank robbery.

Two suspects were killed, and 15 people were injured, including 10 policemen. None of the injuries incurred during the hourlong shootout was life threatening, Los Angeles Police Chief Willie Williams said.

Initially outgunned, police responded to a scene in North Hollywood that resembled a combat zone. Bullets were flying from all directions into cars and buildings and bystanders, too.

More than 200 police were on hand for the siege, which lasted more than an hour. Armored personnel carriers and dozens of police cars, fire engines and ambulances were called to subdue the attackers and attend to the wounded.

Wearing body armor and carrying a trunk full of weapons, the robbers were ready for a fight. And thats exactly what they delivered, firing multiple hundreds of rounds, according to police.

They fired armorpiercing bullets at anything that moved, and one suspect used a getaway car as a shield. Two suspects fought fiercely to the death, killed by helmeted police who fired bullets to the head at close range.
Botched L.A bank heist turns into bloody shootout - CNN

Canadian Bank Robbery

A 30-year-old man wanted for three bank robberies in Vernon is now in custody.

The Vernon resident allegedly robbed VantageOne Credit Union, the Bank of Montreal, and HSBC Bank, said Gordon Molendyk of the Vernon/North Okanagan RCMP.

Police released surveillance photos of the suspect last week. He was IDd following a tip from the public.

The man was arrested without incident at a police station Monday after he walked into a detachment to talk to police.

Suspected Vernon bank robber arrested after walking into police station

You know what assuming gets you, right? And I hate to tell you, that gunfights due to armed guards are not as common as you seem to think. The shootout that you are talking about above, the ones where the robbers had freaking AUTOMATIC rifles(AK47s to be exact) with hundreds upon hundreds of rounds, body armour, and other weapons, started when they opened fire on POLICE OFFICERS. Who were just doing their jobs. What the heck are they supposed to do? Let the robbers go because they might open fire? No. They start doing that, and the criminals would continue to use the same M.O. with bank robberies. This isn't like television shows where the cops put down their weapons because a criminal tells them to. That isn't the real world, and that actually irks me when watching the show, as I removes any sense of realness to it.

And the BEST part of the above example? The only ones killed were the piece of **** robbers. They reaped what they sowed.
 
Chev
+2
#23
Years ago my cousin was a teller and someone came to her to rob her. She kept her cool, replied "you're kidding, are you nuts, are you out of your mind?" The robber was totally stunned and left with nothing.
Another teller I know pretended she was going to vomit all over her counter and the robber. He left in a hurry, with nothing.

I think I'd have fainted afterward! (I was a teller for a few years.)
 
earth_as_one
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

You know what assuming gets you, right? And I hate to tell you, that gunfights due to armed guards are not as common as you seem to think. The shootout that you are talking about above, the ones where the robbers had freaking AUTOMATIC rifles(AK47s to be exact) with hundreds upon hundreds of rounds, body armour, and other weapons, started when they opened fire on POLICE OFFICERS. Who were just doing their jobs. What the heck are they supposed to do? Let the robbers go because they might open fire? No. They start doing that, and the criminals would continue to use the same M.O. with bank robberies. This isn't like television shows where the cops put down their weapons because a criminal tells them to. That isn't the real world, and that actually irks me when watching the show, as I removes any sense of realness to it.

And the BEST part of the above example? The only ones killed were the piece of **** robbers. They reaped what they sowed.

I wouldn't have wanted to be in that American bank while it was robbed.

The reason why the robbers came loaded for bear is they were expected to shoot their way out. If they came to Canada, they could have robbed a bank with a small pointy object like screw driver. How much money are they going to get? A couple of thousands in marked bills and a packet of exploding red dye. That's hardly worth killing or dying.

Also you never mentioned the police that were injured, the innocent bystanders who were traumatized or the effect shooting and killing someone would have on anyone including a police officer.

How was your day honey? Oh you know, the same old, same old... oh yes, I nearly forgot. I did I empty my assault weapon into a robber's face today. I splattered their brains all over the street. But other than that, not so bad. How was your day?

I doubt armed guards reduce the incidence of armed robberies. It might cause the robbers to go after softer targets and it certainly raises the stakes.

I hope Canadian banks never use armed guards except in exceptional circumstances.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times
Man robs the same Winnipeg RBC bank four times | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada


They get robbed. Heck, lightning doesn't strike the same place twice, yada, yada, yada, no need to beef up security. I can almost kind of understand the logic, no sense closing the barn door after the horse has already gotten out right?



But after the second or third time????


Stupidity your name is RBC Winnipeg.

Stupidity seems to have been the main theme there ........... on everyone's part.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I wouldn't have wanted to be in that American bank while it was robbed.

The reason why the robbers came loaded for bear is they were expected to shoot their way out. If they came to Canada, they could have robbed a bank with a small pointy object like screw driver. How much money are they going to get? A couple of thousands in marked bills and a packet of exploding red dye. That's hardly worth killing or dying.

Also you never mentioned the police that were injured, the innocent bystanders who were traumatized or the effect shooting and killing someone would have on anyone including a police officer.

How was your day honey? Oh you know, the same old, same old... oh yes, I nearly forgot. I did I empty my assault weapon into a robber's face today. I splattered their brains all over the street. But other than that, not so bad. How was your day?

I doubt armed guards reduce the incidence of armed robberies. It might cause the robbers to go after softer targets and it certainly raises the stakes.

I hope Canadian banks never use armed guards except in exceptional circumstances.

I seriously doubt that anyone would want to have been in the bank when that was going on.

Depending on the bank, and the time of day. Some of the larger banks I'm sure they would get a heck of a lot more than a "few thousand dollars". And some criminals don't care how much money is involved. They'll attempt to kill any potential witnesses.

Yeah, because police officers routinely empty their assault rifles into a criminal's face. And they know that someday they may have to kill someone in the line of duty. They knew it the day they joined the force. And the innocent bystanders being traumatized is due to the actions of the criminals, and even if a shot wasn't fired bystanders can still be plenty traumatized.
 
SLM
+2
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post


How was your day honey? Oh you know, the same old, same old... oh yes, I nearly forgot. I did I empty my assault weapon into a robber's face today. I splattered their brains all over the street. But other than that, not so bad. How was your day?

This is your characterization of a police officer after having to use his weapon in the line of duty?

Wow, just wow.
 
earth_as_one
#28
I was making a point regarding these statements:

I said I didn't give a rat's *** if the robber got hurt, as that is how I feel. The robber is a criminal, and why would I give a rat's *** about him.

and

And the BEST part of the above example? The only ones killed were the piece of **** robbers.

I believe in least harm.

The best outcome of an armed robbery would be if no one is hurt including the bank robber. If the armed robber is confronted in the bank by the police or an armed guard, there is a good chance someone will be hurt. Even if the bank robber is the only one hurt, its still going to be a bad day for the shooter.
 
CDNBear
+1
#29
What a load of crap.
 
shadowshiv
+3
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I was making a point regarding these statements:

I said I didn't give a rat's *** if the robber got hurt, as that is how I feel. The robber is a criminal, and why would I give a rat's *** about him.

and

And the BEST part of the above example? The only ones killed were the piece of **** robbers.

I believe in least harm.

The best outcome of an armed robbery would be if no one is hurt including the bank robber. If the armed robber is confronted in the bank by the police or an armed guard, there is a good chance someone will be hurt. Even if the bank robber is the only one hurt, its still going to be a bad day for the shooter.

I never said that I want all bank robber shot or killed. What I said is that if they happen to be hurt or killed while perpetrating their crime, then I don't give a fiddler's ****. Why would I? They are criminals and if they are shot, then there was a good reason for it. It wasn't because the guard or the police felt like being Rambo and shooting the crap out of people, it's because they were defending innocent people from criminals.

And if the bank robber is the only one hurt, then that is a GOOD day as the bank robber is the only one hurt, NOT an innocent person. If a person wants money so bad, either get a job or a loan if possible.
 

Similar Threads

46
Man robs store with Klingon sword
by Praxius | Feb 9th, 2009
no new posts