MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Does She Look Asian To You?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Even if she did look Asian, she can still be Canadian.

Unless I'm missing something here...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
OK where's the original one.

They have not released it. Only focus groups saw it.

Even if she did look Asian, she can still be Canadian.

Unless I'm missing something here...

True. But then again if the image was not positive, the same people would be all over it. Of course, the only real way to solve this pollitical correctness dilema is no not show the face at all like this guy:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Of course, the only real way to solve this pollitical correctness dilema is no not show the face at all like this guy:

No, the politically correct thing to do would be to show any human being's face so long as it could be reasonably assumed that human being is a citizen of this country.

And in this day and age that could be pretty much anyone, unless it is clearly determined that party lives in another country... or.. galaxy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
No, the politically correct thing to do would be to show any human being's face so long as it could be reasonably assumed that human being is a citizen of this country.

And in this day and age that could be pretty much anyone, unless it is clearly determined that party lives in another country... or.. galaxy.

The current lady meets all that criteria. Problem solved.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I doubt that she was removed for being 'unCanadian', but rather removed for being a stereotype, no? Smart lab worker? Must be asian.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What could possibly be the reason for replacing an Asian woman with a White woman?

well for one, not putting an asian on a yellow bank note... lol. If their focus group was left asking what they were thinking, then chances are the nation would be asking that even moreso.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I'm not noticing any of these racial undertones, and neither is my hot asian wife.

Though she did laugh at the politically incorrect usage of "asian". :p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How is Asian politically incorrect?

And like it's been pointed out, no one but the focus group has seen the 'Asian' version.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
How is Asian politically incorrect?

And like it's been pointed out, no one but the focus group has seen the 'Asian' version.

Asian could include India and Pakistan as well as China, Japan, etc...

It's just that most Westerners (which could also be seen as a politically incorrect term, lol) think it's only the latter. Either way, I don't think anyone's really offended unless you start calling us Americans.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Asian could include India and Pakistan as well as China, Japan, etc...

It's just that most Westerners (which could also be seen as a politically incorrect term, lol) think it's only the latter. Either way, I don't think anyone's really offended unless you start calling us Americans.

How do you make the assumption it wasn't wasn't an Indian or Pakistanian? The only indication I got was that their was a remark about the 'yellow' colour of the bill.