Deaths at Scientology drug treatment program Narconon bring investigation

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Already shaken by a series of high-level defections, accounts of abuse among its staffers, and the high-profile breakup of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the Church of Scientology now faces scrutiny over its controversial drug treatment program, Narconon.

Four deaths at Narconon's signature treatment facility in eastern Oklahoma have prompted local law enforcement and health officials to investigate the center and its program.

The inquiry began after Stacy Dawn Murphy, 20, was found dead in her room on July 19 after returning to the facility from a one-day leave. The cause of death is under investigation.

Two other clients died within the previous nine months. Another died in 2009. In two of those cases, serious health issues were cited; the cause of the other death is unclear.

In April, authorities in Quebec shut down a Narconon facility in the city of Trois Rivieres, saying certain treatment procedures "may represent a health risk.''

Church of Scientology public affairs director Karin Pouw said there is no suggestion the two investigations "have anything to do with Narconon's methods of drug rehabilitation.''

She said media have misrepresented facts about the Oklahoma investigation, but offered no specifics.

Deaths at Scientology drug treatment program Narconon bring investigation - Tampa Bay Times

Aliens, drug-addict shyster founder, Cruise et al...nah, everything is fine with these people.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Scientology is like Raelians a freakazoid cult,and i say cult since it is not a real religion.

Just to say from what i've heard,according to Hubbard's story the spaceships used by the aliens,looked like DC9 planes[i think its DC9]i guess if he had known about 747 or B2 stealth bombers,the spaceships would look like those.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Already shaken by a series of high-level defections, accounts of abuse among its staffers, and the high-profile breakup of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the Church of Scientology now faces scrutiny over its controversial drug treatment program, Narconon.

Four deaths at Narconon's signature treatment facility in eastern Oklahoma have prompted local law enforcement and health officials to investigate the center and its program.

The inquiry began after Stacy Dawn Murphy, 20, was found dead in her room on July 19 after returning to the facility from a one-day leave. The cause of death is under investigation.

Two other clients died within the previous nine months. Another died in 2009. In two of those cases, serious health issues were cited; the cause of the other death is unclear.

In April, authorities in Quebec shut down a Narconon facility in the city of Trois Rivieres, saying certain treatment procedures "may represent a health risk.''

Church of Scientology public affairs director Karin Pouw said there is no suggestion the two investigations "have anything to do with Narconon's methods of drug rehabilitation.''

She said media have misrepresented facts about the Oklahoma investigation, but offered no specifics.

Deaths at Scientology drug treatment program Narconon bring investigation - Tampa Bay Times

Aliens, drug-addict shyster founder, Cruise et al...nah, everything is fine with these people.

I am truly hopeful for the day that Scientology gets deemed as the cult that it is, and is no longer considered a religion. In fact, if it was forced to disband, I certainly would not shed a tear.