Police find grenade launcher in Nanaimo, B.C., hotel room

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

A tactical police unit burst into a hotel room in Nanaimo, B.C., at about 10 a.m. PT Wednesday and recovered a grenade launcher.

RCMP officers received tips that weapons were in a room at the Harbourside Hotel on Terminal Avenue.

Police found an 18-inch grenade launcher and arrested a 29-year-old woman who was also in the room.

There was no ammunition with the weapon. No other weapons were found in the room.

RCMP Const. Gary O'Brien said the launcher could easily be attached to the barrel of a rifle and would be able to launch grenades a considerable distance.

He said a forensics team is examining the launcher and assessing whether it was stolen or if it was used recently.

"There's criminal activity at this room. As to what that was, we're not sure," O'Brien said.

"To have a grenade launcher could be for a monetary gain. It could also be involved in criminal activity," he said.

A 28-year-old man that police believe is linked to the room was located a short time later on Comox Road. He was arrested along with a 32-year-old woman.

O'Brien said the three are all known to police, and that charges could be laid Thursday morning.

source: Police find grenade launcher in Nanaimo, B.C., hotel room - British Columbia - CBC News

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
But gun control is useless, nonetheless.

These were criminals, what makes you think laws would have any effect on their activities? If you can manage, in your infinite wisdom, to get all nations including Russia and China to halt all weapons production and sales outside their countries i will sign on with your agenda. Until then, continue to make a fool of yourself with my blessing.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Gun control keeps guns out of the hands of every day people and limits your ability to protect yourself against criminals..

Cun control does nothing for criminals who act outside the laws.. that why they are called "criminals" because they don't care about gun control laws... lol

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
These were criminals, what makes you think laws would have any effect on their activities? If you can manage, in your infinite wisdom, to get all nations including Russia and China to halt all weapons production and sales outside their countries i will sign on with your agenda. Until then, continue to make a fool of yourself with my blessing.

You really have no idea what I believe or what I am talking about, do you?

What makes these people criminals? Answer that at least.

Well we could enact a law against crime.......oh wait, already done in pre history and still not working.

Wow, let me try to explain a nuance you are missing: laws define crime. By definition, you cannot enact a law that criminalizes crime. A law turns otherwise lawful action into crime.