Thousands Gather For Beck Event

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM)- More than 65,000 people filled Cowboys Stadium to see one of the most polarizing figures in America: Glenn Beck.

Thousands of Beck supporters traveled from various states to hear his message.

Patricia Mosely arrived at Cowboys Stadium early. She drove from South Carolina with her entire family to see the event.

“I came up to support Beck and the conservative movement,” she said.

But while Beck’s supporters paid to see his message about “Restoring Love,” outside the stadium, there was not love for Beck or his message from the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, known to protest soldier’s funerals.

“I think he’s a false prophet. I think we better run from him. I think he needs to shut up,” said one protester who did not want to be named.

The Westboro Baptist members drew counter protesters who shouted, “What do we want? Peace!”

Back inside the stadium, Beck supporters did the wave, sang the Star-Spangled Banner and cheered when Beck welcomed them all to the “Republic of Texas.”

In his welcoming message, he encouraged his supporters to have faith, hope and perform charity.

“The courage to stand up for what you believe in and to stand in support of those things we find dear and sacred,” he said.

Thousands Gather For Beck Event « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I little one sided fear mongering from the Conservative Far, Far Right.. Tea Bagger.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Beck is not really Beck at all, if you pull the mask off his face you will
find he is the alter ego of Rush Limbaugh on oxycontin.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
With all of those Beck fans in one place someone missed the perfect opportunity to raise the collective IQ of the US at least one point.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Glen Beck is an idiot who makes money off of even bigger idiots. So maybe he's not such an idiot after all, but those idiots that go to his rally are most definitely bon-a-fide idiots.