Man hires rapist for his wife

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Idaho man accused of advertising on Craigslist to rape wife

Two men, two days in a row, tried to assault an Idaho woman in her home. Now her husband is accused of putting an ad on Craigslist, seeking someone to rape his wife.

“In the ad, the person posted that they wanted to be raped as part of a fantasy,” Joshua Palmer, public information officer for Twin Falls, Idaho, said Tuesday.

The situation began to unfold in the wee hours Friday.

About 2 a.m., Twin Falls police received a call about a disturbance at a residence, Palmer said. (The name of the woman was being withheld by authorities on Tuesday. The Los Angeles Times is withholding the name of her husband to protect her identity.)

“She stated that a gentleman she didn’t know rang the doorbell.”

The woman said he asked her name.

“As soon as she responded with her name, he entered the house forcibly,” Palmer said. The man chased her through the house; she went to her bedroom and retrieved a 9-millimeter handgun.

There was a struggle, Palmer said, and a shot was fired that ricocheted off a staircase. No one was injured, but the man took the woman’s gun and fled.

The woman’s husband returned from work about half an hour later, Palmer said, and the couple called police.

The next evening, he said, police received another call about a disturbance at the home. When officers arrived, they found the woman holding a man at gunpoint.

“Our officers questioned him,” Palmer said, “and he said he was responding to an ad that had been posted on Craigslist that he believed had been posted by a 32-year-old female.”

Twin Falls County prosecutors say the husband, 32, posted the ad without the knowledge or consent of his wife. That conclusion was based on interviews, evidence and “the entirety of the investigation,” prosecutor Grant Loebs said.

The husband exchanged emails with the men to arrange the assaults, prosecutors said.

He was arraigned Monday on charges of solicitation of rape and burglary and is being held on $100,000 bond, Loebs said. A preliminary hearing is set for July 27.

Idaho man accused of advertising on Craigslist to rape wife

She answers the door at 2am?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If she answered the door 2AM wearing nothing and gave her life story to a complete stranger, it would still be rape. Why is it that people tend to blame or attribute fault to the rape victim? The husband went looking for rapists and he found two. The woman is a victim. The husband appears to be the main perpetrator. The rapists may have sincerely believed they were playing an elaborate sex game.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Morons, the lot of them.

And her too if she ever gave her hubby the impression this was a good idea.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Migawd! Hell hath froze over! I agree with everything EAO just posted!

Hmmm.... s'pose the Leafs have a chance?

It didn't help it seems;-)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Not very original. I saw this on Law & Order years ago.

It was also on NCIS.

Hopefully the gun that the first man took will be returned to the police when he is being questioned. I guess it's lucky(?) that she happened to have two guns on hand (since the first man took the gun with him) otherwise who knows what may have happened to her? Thankfully the husband's nefarious plan was prevented from happening.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Morons, the lot of them.

And her too if she ever gave her hubby the impression this was a good idea.

Yep, I think there is a possibility the total of their combined I.Q.s may not reach 4. :lol: (the hubby would have to be about minus 20)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Really, if you think about this, the guys (not her husband) were victims as well.

uhm.... hmmmm. No. Victims of their own stupidity perhaps. Victims of their own twisted desires. But victims at anyone else's hand... heck no. Any right minded individual knows that could be the teenage boys next door setting her up.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Really, if you think about this, the guys (not her husband) were victims as well.

These were two guys who volunteered to be 'rapists'. Whether they were too stupid or just didn't care doesn't really matter, they aren't victims. They apparently were keen on the idea of rape. I don't care how you slice it, that's skeevy. They are not innocent of wrongdoing.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
uhm.... hmmmm. No. Victims of their own stupidity perhaps. Victims of their own twisted desires. But victims at anyone else's hand... heck no. Any right minded individual knows that could be the teenage boys next door setting her up.

I disagree. Certainly, I wouldn't put myself in that position, even if I was single, but these guys were clearly set up. Aside from the malice of the woman's obviously A-Hole Spouse, what makes this any different from role playing, BDSM, or any other consensual sex? They were duped with emails and a false ad.

Certainly the behavior could be considered fool-hardy, and it certainly is, but so is going to a sex club or indulging in any form of behavior that could bring about risk. In fact I think your response, if leveled against a female in a similar position would draw an awful lot of fire.

Clearly they were taken advantage of by the husband. Just because they chose to take the bait doesn't make them any less of a victim in this.

These were two guys who volunteered to be 'rapists'. Whether they were too stupid or just didn't care doesn't really matter, they aren't victims. They apparently were keen on the idea of rape. I don't care how you slice it, that's skeevy. They are not innocent of wrongdoing.

So a woman who dresses like a **** deserves to be gang raped. These guys didn't read the Ad and sneak over to the womans house. This was a set up by the husband. There is no law against being stupid.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol:...........Craigslist :lol::lol:. Now there's a place where you're only going to get sincere, intelligent, honest people.

Even Craigslist tells ya not to trust anyone on Craigslist.

Too rich.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
:lol:...........Craigslist :lol::lol:. Now there's a place where you're only going to get sincere, intelligent, honest people.

Even Craigslist tells ya not to trust anyone on Craigslist.

Too rich.

I agree totally. But if a woman were set up in the manner these fellows were I'd hazard a guess there would be a lot more sympathy for them and likely scorn for anyone who referred to said hypothetical woman as dumb sl_ts or loose idiots. Pick a label.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I disagree. Certainly, I wouldn't put myself in that position, even if I was single, but these guys were clearly set up. Aside from the malice of the woman's obviously A-Hole Spouse, what makes this any different from role playing, BDSM, or any other consensual sex? They were duped with emails and a false ad.

Certainly the behavior could be considered fool-hardy, and it certainly is, but so is going to a sex club or indulging in any form of behavior that could bring about risk. In fact I think your response, if leveled against a female in a similar position would draw an awful lot of fire.

Clearly they were taken advantage of by the husband. Just because they chose to take the bait doesn't make them any less of a victim in this.

So a woman who dresses like a **** deserves to be gang raped. These guys didn't read the Ad and sneak over to the womans house. This was a set up by the husband. There is no law against being stupid.

But dressing like a **** is not a crime. Rape is. If ignorance of the law is no excuse, certainly stupidity can't be either. I'm not saying the husband is not the ringleader here, his actions are the worst. Could they have been duped? If they are stupid enough to buy the story, sure. But I wouldn't go so far as to claim they were victims.

If someone tricked or duped another person into committing a robbery, would they be innocent victims? I would say not.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
But dressing like a **** is not a crime. Rape is. If ignorance of the law is no excuse, certainly stupidity can't be either. I'm not saying the husband is not the ringleader here, his actions are the worst. Could they have been duped? If they are stupid enough to buy the story, sure. But I wouldn't go so far as to claim they were victims.

If someone tricked or duped another person into committing a robbery, would they be innocent victims? I would say not.

If my wife and I set up a fantasy role playing game where I pretend to rape her it is not a crime. As far as the knuckleheads were concerned it was consensual. They were victims also. stupid moron victims, but still victims of a crime. Had they known different then I could see the argument, but they didn't.