Rob Ford gets him a Cadillac

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
So this is news at Torstar. :lol:

Toronto mayor’s new Cadillac Escalade a birthday gift

Mayor Rob Ford is now wheeling around in a Cadillac Escalade.

If it seems out of character for a mayor who’s been driving an aging minivan, it is, says his city councillor brother, Doug.

Councillor Ford said he and the other Ford brother, Randy, purchased the luxury sport utility vehicle as a birthday gift for the mayor.
Ford turned 43 in late May.

“We showed up with the car, and he couldn’t say no,” Doug Ford said Friday. “He said, ‘Hey, this isn’t me.’ I said, ‘Well you have no choice, you’re driving it now.’”

Councillor Ford said it was a well-equipped model but wouldn’t reveal what the brothers paid. The Escalade is listed as having a price range of $86,000 to $108,000.

Doug and Randy — who works in the family printing business — both drive luxury SUVs, and have for years. But their brother has been out of step, piloting an older model Chevrolet Uplander minivan.

Ford drove the light brown Chevy on city business as a councillor and since he was elected mayor in October 2010.

An upgrade was long overdue, said Councillor Ford.

“It was worn out. The thing is shaking. The guy had it for year. I wouldn’t even ride in it.”

While he’s moving up to a luxury vehicle, he continues to drive himself and wouldn’t agree to have a city employee chauffeur him around, Doug Ford said.

“He’d be in his grave before he did that. Many people think he should have a driver, including me, but he’s not budging.”

The mayor has had his new wheels for a few weeks, but he’s having trouble adjusting.

“Rob’s unique,” said Doug. “He told me he doesn’t feel comfortable in it, that it’s not him. But what am I going to do, go out and buy another used van for him?”

source of this exclusive breaking news:

Toronto mayor

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
lol The idea of "news" being news has been degrading for decades.
personally, I couldn't care much unless he was driving a brand new flying saucer. (I'd wanna see it and take it apart to see what made it tick). :D

But if you drive it - I want to be there- and I do not want to hear Oooopssss.You bring the cigars.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Excellent article on Ford and his caddy. I agree with it.

Mayor Ford's vulgar birthday gift offends enlightened elitists at Toronto Star | Full Comment | National Post

There’s something a little strange going on when Toronto Councillor Adam Vaughan is the guy making the most sense about Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. Vaughan is the anti-Ford, so eager to denounce the mayor that he often lets his mouth fly before his brain kicks into gear. But honestly, what Vaughan had to say about Ford’s new Cadillac Escalade is far smarter than anything that has come out of the mouths of Doug Ford or the Toronto Star.

Vaughan’s comment on the flashy new ride, which was gifted to a blushing Mayor Ford by his brothers Doug and Randy, and which has received inordinate coverage in the city’s media: “Who cares?” Who cares, indeed, about the mayor’s latest vehicle, which costs the city nothing and wasn’t the mayor’s idea in the first place?

Well, the Star’s Christopher Hume for one. He went to town on the non-story Tuesday with a (sort of) tongue-in-cheek column blasting the mayor for coming from a family that has the cash for such an extravagant gift (he points out derisively that Ford has “inherited millions” and “unlike the 99%, can afford” to waste his own money).

As Hume put it himself, though with no intention of being complimentary: “Rob doesn’t make a display of his wealth.” And he’s right. The mayor’s previous vehicle was a battered old van. He isn’t trying to shove his Escalade in our face, he didn’t buy it or ask for it, and it is of no consequence to his political performance. So, let’s stop talking about it.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Hey! Check this out. Duh Ford on the Gardener Expressway.

Reporter: “Sir, there’s a picture that went out on Twitter this morning of you reading while still driving on the Gardiner [Expressway].”
Ford: “Yeah, probably. I’m busy.”
Reporter: “So you read while driving?”
Ford: “Yeah, probably, yeah. I’m try[ing] to catch up on my work and you know I keep my eyes on the road, but I’m a busy man.”
Reporter: “You don’t see a problem doing that on the Gardiner?”
Ford: “Well, I’m busy. I got to be — I don’t know what that has to do with a trade mission, but anyways. Ridiculous questions sometimes, seriously.”

I would post the link to the source, well here it is just take out the space in fu ck

http://fu ckyeahtoronto.tumblr.com/post/29415657309

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hmmm, toss up. Who's more idiotic? Asshat reading while driving, or guy taking picture while driving.

I'm sure there's a reason why we'll more about Ford's poor choices though, lol.

Even though Fords in his personal vehicle, while dumbass #2 is operating a company vehicle. I've fired people for less, lol.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's more likely a passenger snapped the shot.
I blew up the shot to see, before I edited my post to add that observation.

You can only do so much with photoshop, but it appears to be a driver with a stretched out arm.

I could be wrong, I'm no photographic analyst.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Show me yer panties.

Or the blown up pic with outline or indication of the reflection of the driver.

.. but mostly the panties.
I wear boxers. Would you like to see them?

Not that I'd ask to see your knickers, but I'm sure the wad they're in would prevent you from getting a decent shot anyways, lol.

ETA...

Funny how ballsy you get, when you think you're in a gang, lol.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Still no proof then?

I don't doubt your theory, I just want to see the goods.

The real goods.