Hells Angels unwelcome, Surrey police say

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

B.C.'s anti-gang task force and the RCMP say they will do everything in their power to prevent the opening of a new Hells Angels chapter in Surrey, B.C.

Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit Sgt. Bill Whalen says there's been a split in the club's White Rock chapter.

“A number of members of the White Rock chapter of the Hells Angels have split off and started a new chapter for themselves,” Whalen told CBC News.

Whalen said police aren't clear on the reasons behind the split, which occurred a few weeks ago.

He said the splinter chapter showed up at a Hells Angels gathering in Saskatoon, flying its new colours.

“They've actually seen these new chapter members with a new patch on their colours, so it's indicating they're public about this. It says, ‘West Point.’”

Surrey RCMP Supt. Bill Fordy echoed Whalen’s concern in a statement issued Friday.

“Outlaw motorcycle gangs are not welcome here or anywhere else. If the Hells Angels expect to set up a clubhouse in Surrey I am serving them notice right here and now that they are not welcome,” Fordy said.

Whalen said that if the new group does try to move to Surrey, police will be on them.

“[We’ll be] cracking down on these guys and keeping very close tabs on them, obviously all within the law.”

Whalen said it's not yet clear whether the biker gang actually intends to move to Surrey.

City officials say they have not received an application from the Hells Angels for a clubhouse.

source: Hells Angels unwelcome, Surrey police say - British Columbia - CBC News

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well they own T-barz in Surrey, BC among other Strip Clubs... just guessing you could probably score some good weed there???

Doubtful. They are not near as stupid as the RCMP. For the most part they are good business people and tend to keep their legit businesses clean. Also the surrounding area.
There are certain other visible minorities that provide that service.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hells Angels not welcome, Surry police say...

Well I guess it's OK so long as the Mayor doesn't say it, lol.

True story.... Paradise Riders bought a marina in Caesarea ON - to the accompaniment of much local outrage. Within a month, B&E's dropped.
They're known for keeping clean neighbourhoods.

They don't sh!t where they live and they don't let others do it either.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Great what Canada needs is another biker war. BC is a lucrative place where illegal goods are coming into the country because it is hard for the police to patrol the province.
Lots of money in BC so the bikers will not let it go without a fight.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... the rcmp are in the wrong here and they need to speak to their lawyers about this ...

... the rcmp have basically announced that they're going to illegally harass this organization even though there is no indication that the angels are breaking any laws. that makes the rcmp the lawbreakers here, not the angels ...

... it is not a violation of the law for the hells angels to set up a clubhouse in surrey if they so choose. the hells angels have not yet been outlawed in canada. accordingly, the hells angels could easily file a lawsuit against the rcmp and the city of surrey for making these defamatory statements against them when they have broken no laws ...

... this story actually makes the hells angels look good and it reaffirms how incompetent canada's federal police force is ...

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
The Angels are well known to be racists who not only keep and carry but commit crimes with guns. Why are the usual lefties here not jumping on board to bust them with devastating statistics whilst demanding they also go green? Hmmm, they could ride John Deeres.......

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yes,the Angels keep other crimes at bay.

That's the whole point of protection money, you pay to keep safe. Allowing a biker gang is the same concept, you let one gang of crooks hang out, so they keep other crooks out of the way.

There's more logic in simply shooting them. Anyone wearing a Hells Angels jacket could be shot on sight, maybe a $5 bounty.

Makes as much sense as tolerating them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes,the Angels keep other crimes at bay.

That's the whole point of protection money, you pay to keep safe.
Actually, where I went today to get my new tattoo gear, is an "81" affiliate.

They don't run a protection racket in their neighbourhood. They just don't like heat scores. Crime brings Cops around. They run the bottom of the food chain out of town.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yeah, running drugs and such is hurt if 'crime brings cops around'....to pretend that these 'clubs' are helpful or positive is a bit of a stretch, but then again, Paul Bernardo's neighbors probably thought he kept the local hookers away.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yeah, running drugs and such is hurt if 'crime brings cops around'....to pretend that these 'clubs' are helpful or positive is a bit of a stretch, but then again, Paul Bernardo's neighbors probably thought he kept the local hookers away.
Don't confuse my commentary as defence of the overall nature of riders.

I just happen to know that besides the fact that not every Angel is a criminal, as rule, they don't sh!t in the neighbourhoods.

And of course that doesn't even scratch the suffice of the charitable contributions they do. You should see big burly riders with little blind kids at Rider for Sight.

Ya, I know, the club's filled with assholes. But there's no harm in being honest about them, all the way around.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Meh.... Strykers and prospects can be dickheads - along with some of the upper echelon. I'd bet at the business end, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at a glance between an HA and an RBC VP

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Meh.... Strykers and prospects can be dickheads - along with some of the upper echelon. I'd bet at the business end, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at a glance between an HA and an RBC VP

Quite possibly true. I'm not sure how much of the RBC business involves drug running, prostititution, and murder for hire, though.

But hey, if you like it, go for it.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
True story.... Paradise Riders bought a marina in Caesarea ON - to the accompaniment of much local outrage. Within a month, B&E's dropped.

Well there is that old saying, "better organized crime than the disorganized crime that's on the streets now".

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I read the O.P. title & assumed it was about this:
Police ready as Hells Angels converge on Saskatoon

SASKATOON — About 500 Hell’s Angels members from across the country
are gathering in Saskatoon for the weekend and so far there haven’t been
any problems.

The Saskatoon police service has been setting up check stops and beefing
up their presence in the city, but have only given out a few traffic tickets.

Detective Sgt. Len Isnor of the Ontario Provincial Police says Saskatoon
was likely chosen as the meeting site just by chance.

He says when club members have their officers’ meetings, they put
forward proposals and vote on it.

Several police agencies from across Canada -- including officers from
Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia and the RCMP -- have been brought
in to help.

Isnor says there’s no one police force in Canada that can take on
organized crime by themselves, so they work together in partnership.
Isnor dismisses any notion that members of the club are simply
motorcycle enthusiasts.

“They knew what they were getting into when they joined,” he says.
“They’re getting into a criminal organization that is the largest outlaw
motorcycle gang in the world. They’re in over 40 countries worldwide
with over 4,000 members.”

However, Isnor says there is no reason for people in Saskatoon to
change their plans or avoid going out, because the gang tends to be
on their best behaviour when they are in the public eye.