The pervert and his lame excuse to judge

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Fury as paedophile, 61, escapes jail after claiming girl victim, 7, pinned HIM down and forced her tongue in his mouth

A judge's decision to free a sex offender who accused his seven-year-old victim of 'coming on to him' has outraged children's welfare charities.

Paedophile John Thompson, 61, claimed he was helpless as the child, then aged just seven, pinned him down and forced her tongue into his mouth.

He claimed the little girl was flirtatious with him and was coming on to him before the assault.

But Judge Gillian Matthews gave him a suspended sentence because it was the only way he could receive treatment despite Thompson being 'a potentially high risk' to girls.

more

Fury as paedophile, 61, escapes jail after claiming girl victim, 7, pinned HIM down and forced her tongue in his mouth | Mail Online

h/t Fark

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What kind of an idiot is this judge? Clearly a man of good character? He's blaming the victim, a 7 year old, and he gets a suspended sentence because he plead guilty??? How moronic do you have to be to not be able to understand that the victims are not responsible for crimes perpetrated on them? FFS,there are no mitigating circumstances for a 61 year old man sexually assaulting a 7 year end. Period, end of story!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
But Judge Gillian Matthews gave him a suspended sentence because it was the only way he could receive treatment despite Thompson being 'a potentially high risk' to girls.

I've seen this claim made before, and quite frankly, far to often.

Why is it an inmate can get religion, education, and help battling substance abuse. But not therapy regarding sexual assault of a minor?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Why is it an inmate can get religion, education, and help battling substance abuse. But not therapy regarding sexual assault of a minor?

There isn't near enough help available for substance abuse either.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You did notice that it was the only way he could get treatment, and there's no indication that the judge believed his story, I hope.

Actually no, it wasn't the only way he could 'get treatment'. It was the only way he could get treatment after being handed such a lame, pitiful sentence.

Miss Pawson urged Judge Matthews not to jail Thompson because he would need a four-year sentence to get treatment behind bars.

So, four years is what, too long? Not long enough by my estimation.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There isn't near enough help available for substance abuse either.
I agree.

Actually no, it wasn't the only way he could 'get treatment'. It was the only way he could get treatment after being handed such a lame, pitiful sentence.
You got me there.

So, four years is what, too long? Not long enough by my estimation.
That's all well and good, but there is access to help, education and religion, even in regional detention facilities (Read less that 1 year sentences).

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've raised daughters. I have two grand daughters. They all have friends. How does a seven-year-old come on in a flirtatious manner?
That has to be rhetorical. You've been here long enough and replied to enough nutter(s), to recognize delusion.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That's all well and good, but there is access to help, education and religion, even in regional detention facilities (Read less that 1 year sentences).

I wouldn't argue against treatment availability for shorter sentences, setting aside that I'm nowhere near convinced that treatment for this actually works at all. Sentencing should, to my way of thinking, also reflect the capacity to actually rehabilitate an offender as well as reflect severity of the crime and punishment/consequence for the crime itself. I tend to also think that the younger an offender is, the better the chance for change to take effect.

This guy is 61 years old, he's guilty of perpetrating an abhorrent act against a very young child, he's completely delusional as to why the act even took place (he's blaming the victim). No way in hell is this guy going to benefit from any kind of treatment, I'd stake my life on it! So keeping him out of a locked facility just increases the chances another child will be harmed by him, imo.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I've raised daughters. I have two grand daughters. They all have friends. How does a seven-year-old come on in a flirtatious manner?

The only possible explanation I can come up with for that one is that they have been raised(conditioned?) by a pedophile.
Got to remember that in court as in sales a lie is as good as the truth if you can get someone to believe it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What kind of an idiot is this judge? Clearly a man of good character? He's blaming the victim, a 7 year old, and he gets a suspended sentence because he plead guilty??? How moronic do you have to be to not be able to understand that the victims are not responsible for crimes perpetrated on them? FFS,there are no mitigating circumstances for a 61 year old man sexually assaulting a 7 year end. Period, end of story!

Believe it or not, there was a case in B.C. (I believe) years ago where a predator claimed a 3 year old girl was sexually aggressive. There must still be some documentation of that case somewhere which would be interesting as I'm quite vague at this point on the other details.

Perhaps because too many people regard pedophiles as being untreatable. I'm of the opinion that you can't cure a pedophile but you can alter his behaviour, we are probably better off with non practicing pedophiles in the community than in prison (after they've served an appropriate amount of time)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

It does seem that if we are offering help in other areas this should be included.

You did notice that it was the only way he could get treatment, and there's no indication that the judge believed his story, I hope.

I don't believe he will get treatment. I believe this is an elaborate ruse by his defense team to avoid prison. Making treatment available and mandatory in prison would end this shell game and he may actually get some treatment.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Believe it or not, there was a case in B.C. (I believe) years ago where a predator claimed a 3 year old girl was sexually aggressive. There must still be some documentation of that case somewhere which would be interesting as I'm quite vague at this point on the other details.

Perhaps because too many people regard pedophiles as being untreatable. I'm of the opinion that you can't cure a pedophile but you can alter his behaviour, we are probably better off with non practicing pedophiles in the community than in prison (after they've served an appropriate amount of time)

A lopitoffofme is a good cure.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
People will say all kinds of things in their own defence.

That said, the article doesn't say that the judge believed his statement.

It clearly does say that he got that sentence so that he could get treatment.

Nowhere does it say the judge accepted his lame ass excuse.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Fury as paedophile, 61, escapes jail after claiming girl victim, 7, pinned HIM down and forced her tongue in his mouth

A judge's decision to free a sex offender who accused his seven-year-old victim of 'coming on to him' has outraged children's welfare charities.

Paedophile John Thompson, 61, claimed he was helpless as the child, then aged just seven, pinned him down and forced her tongue into his mouth.

He claimed the little girl was flirtatious with him and was coming on to him before the assault.

more

Fury as paedophile, 61, escapes jail after claiming girl victim, 7, pinned HIM down and forced her tongue in his mouth | Mail Online

h/t Fark

If any case deserves an appeal, it would be this one.

A man of character? Anyone that does something like this to a child has no character. Disgusting behaviour by this pervert, and a huge amount of stupidity on the part of the judge.