S & M Mountie under investigation

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
7/5/2012 Local News Story

A Mountie who posted photos of himself on a sexual torture website, while wearing nothing, but boots purchased for him by taxpayers, is being investigated for possibly violating the RCMP's code of conduct rules.

The Mounties are refusing to comment publicly about Coquitlam RCMP Corporal Jim Brown's off-duty behaviour, but this morning, they sent CKNW's Philip Till a statement confirming he's under investigation.
"Initial legal opinion was that, as this was adult consentual, non-criminal, off-duty behaviour, it was not a violation of the code of conduct. despite that legal opinion, the RCMP has ordered a code of conduct investigation."
Vancouver Sun reporter Ian Mulgrew broke the story after seeing the still images of brown holding a butcher knife, while threatening a woman who's naked and hog-tied in a cage.

Brown told Mulgrew he was cleared of any wrong-doing earlier this year, saying it was a 'non-issue' because there was 'no victim.'

A lawyer for the families of women murdered by serial killer Robert Pickton says he has a right to question Corporal Brown about his role in the Missing Women investigation.

Cameron Ward says he wants to know how Brown found an informant who confirmed Pickton was a suspect back in 1999.
"I've asked that the inquiry be reopened to receive his evidence and that of Caldwell --the man he produced who reported that Pickton was doing these things."
Speaking with CKNW's Bill Good, ward says Brown's conduct should definitely be questioned.
"Just because it's legal doesn't mean it should be condoned or accepted by any manager. I know most law firms wouldn't condone it and i'm hard-pressed to think of any reputable organization that would condone such behaviour."
Ward says his efforts to make brown testify at the now-completed Missing Women inquiry were rejected by lawyers for the commission.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
So an RCMP officer holding a knife to a hog tied woman's throat is a nonissue when it's posted on a website.......typical thinking of someone who is in denial of the problems the RCMP now have

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A lawyer for the families of women murdered by serial killer Robert Pickton says he has a right to question Corporal Brown about his role in the Missing Women investigation.

Given the concerns about the involvement of law enforcement, I think that's completely fair. Beyond that, if an officer chooses to post public sexual content photos of themselves, especially ones imitating threats to women, I think it should limit them to riding a desk rather than dealing with the public as an authority figure.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
when someone post something like this on the Internet it is no longer his private business........

And a deep-seated violent fantasy of torturing hogtied women does not directly correspond with the high moral values we believe the RCMP have..........LOL

It stands to reason, the moral decay of the RCMP directly corresponds with the amount of people who believe this is okay.

Just remember the next time this RCMP officer is called to a domestic dispute where the woman is beaten , he is going home and fantasizing about it, and having a jolly good time

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Just remember the next time this RCMP officer is called to a domestic dispute where the woman is beaten , he is going home and fantasizing about it, and having a jolly good time

That's not truly a fair assessment. Plenty of people get their rocks off on power exchange fantasies, but most of the time half the fun for them is having someone submit... there's a distinct difference between most S&M play and a desire to have someone unwillingly be injured.

That being said, even knowing that, I would lose my f'ing mind the instant that officer put me in handcuffs, knowing what I do about him. I would fear for my safety, because there's no way, other than being in his head, to know if he is one of the truly twisted minority who want to take it past willing submission.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
when someone post something like this on the Internet it is no longer his private business........

And a deep-seated violent fantasy of torturing hogtied women does not directly correspond with the high moral values we believe the RCMP have..........LOL

There is nothing immoral about doing that with a woman who is consenting. There are a hell of a lot of people who are into that sort of thing.

He was off duty, no one got hurt and everyone consented to what happened. I see no problem with this. Now if he had been doing this while on the clock or was doing other inappropriate things while on duty I'd agree. But he wasnt.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
It is truly sad that many in our society believe that posting a violent fantasy on the Internet by someone who attends and investigates domestic beatings and murders............is not a moral psychological problem.............

What he does in his own bedrooms is his own business........when RCMP posts a violent fantasy on the Internet........it should become society's business that he is not acting out on these fantasies in real life

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Given the concerns about the involvement of law enforcement, I think that's completely fair. Beyond that, if an officer chooses to post public sexual content photos of themselves, especially ones imitating threats to women, I think it should limit them to riding a desk rather than dealing with the public as an authority figure.

That is a fair assessment. Someone hired to be a public image should probably be expected to nurture their public image.

It stands to reason, the moral decay of the RCMP directly corresponds with the amount of people who believe this is okay.

You really have a complete lack of understanding of S&M. The desire to inflict pain on a person of sound mind who enjoys it is completely different from the desire to inflict pain on a victim who suffers from it. It is exactly the same difference as having sex with a consenting partner and raping someone. The fact that their is role playing involved confuses only you.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It is truly sad that many in our society believe that posting a violent fantasy on the Internet by someone who attends and investigates domestic beatings and murders............is not a moral psychological problem.............

What he does in his own bedrooms is his own business........when RCMP posts a violent fantasy on the Internet........it should become society's business that he is not acting out on these fantasies in real life

So would it have been any more "moral" for him to have hidden it? He'd be doing this stuff with or without the internet. There are a number of people into S&M in all walks of life who lead perfectly normal careers and lives without going out in actually torturing, beating and killing people.

If/when he does commit a crime, then we'll have a real problem. Having a fun sex life with a willing partner is not a crime.

Would you buy chicken from somebody wearing a pigged out and hole laden KFC uniform?

If I was a meat eater I doubt Id buy any sort of meat from fast food places regardless of the conditions of the uniforms. :p

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Would you buy chicken from somebody wearing a pigged out and hole laden KFC uniform?

I'm confused as to why you think that matters. I am saying that there are people paid to face the public and people not paid to face the public. You seem to be acting like all people are paid to face the public.

Do you fire your plumber for showing some plumber's crack?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm confused as to why you think that matters. I am saying that there are people paid to face the public and people not paid to face the public. You seem to be acting like all people are paid to face the public.

Do you fire your plumber for showing some plumber's crack?
Nope. I toss pebbles down the crack to let him know he needs to wear a belt.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... the mounties will release anything to fill the free airtime the media is supplying them ...