Farting could save your life

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Nothing like catching a stranger with their mouth open too.

FLATULENCE could help patients with high blood pressure, a study suggests.

Hydrogen sulphide — a toxic gas generated by bacteria living in the human gut — has been shown to control blood pressure in mice.
Those with higher levels of the gas had lower blood pressure than rodents with less.

Boffins at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, Maryland, US, found that hydrogen sulphide in flatus — informally known as a fart — is also produced by an enzyme in blood vessels where it relaxes them and lowers blood pressure.

Now researchers at China's Southeast University in Nanjing are trying to work out whether this could be used to create a treatment for people suffering high blood pressure.

Professor Yao Yuyu from the uni's Zhongda Hospital said: "Despite the treatment's potential, using gas to treat high blood pressure has yet to be tested on humans.

"The effective dosage could prove difficult to establish due to the difference in size between humans and mice."

pull my finger for more

Boffins: Flatulence could cure high blood pressure | The Sun |News

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Blessed be he who speaks without a tongue. Speak again, oh toothless one.... Meh, on second thought your breath stinks.

A fart is merely buttcheeks applauding the passage of wind.

Dog doesn't like newly vertical rippers - especially that ONE when butthole says "good morning, body".

Hmm.... Is it any wonder the other grandparents think I'm a bad influence?....

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Blessed be he who speaks without a tongue. Speak again, oh toothless one.... Meh, on second thought your breath stinks.

A fart is merely buttcheeks applauding the passage of wind.

Dog doesn't like newly vertical rippers - especially that ONE when when butthole says "good morning, body".

Hmm.... Is it any wonder the other grandparents think I'm a bad influence?....

You - Bad effluence- Really.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
LOL.

How many had to die so that you might live though? ;)